Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

Recommended Posts

Hey cm

 

 

i have 2 things, on ps4

 

1    These grid/cow iron bars   The timing in ffb is a bit off   By a couple off sec   

 

2    I bought deluxe version an the game crashed a couple of times and now I’m missing my bonus cars

 

by the thx for the million cr

 

handle race net    Hhmmm69

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when can we see this patch on for the Xbox one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • FOV slider starts with "narrow" and ends with "wide". Gee, thanks, that will surely help me input my 60° with ease.

  • "Seat position" is greatly limited, so I am unable to set it in a way that would mirror IRL placement - setting it up, so that it mimics real car is impossible: https://imgur.com/D2t5HFJ

I need those, because I have 40" monitor and I sometimes drive around racetracks in my GT86 - when I set this correctly (if game provides controls that I need for it), My sense of speed, direction etc. translates really well between simulators and real life driving. otherwise, those two work against each other. Please, fix that, if you can.

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

I just hope people who rated the game negatively on steam due to the bugs mentioned have also the common decency of re-evaluating the game by altering the review to positive once the issues are gone. Because right now, the rating is pretty bad and doesn't reflect the quality of the game and I'm afraid that will affect sales significantly, which will prevent any future DLCs beyond what's planned.

I am one of those guys, and yeah, I have the decency to change that review, when I'll feel like it should be changed. Honestly though, being unable to move my cockpit camera to position and set FOV as I need is pretty big issue for me and tells me a lot about how codemasters care about simulation fans. I could wait for servers to catch up, I understand that (still really bad idea to break races in progress and stuff like that...). But I won't fix review for a game that I cannot play because FFB is basically non-existent and even if it would work, I am unable to set up a camera. Do I really ask for that much?

I am pretty anoyed with this release, I utterly loved Dirt Rally 1, which is why I bought this pretty much on day one, but I didn't get to play it yet because these issues. One (camera) is incredibly easy to fix, the other... well... I honestly cannot grasp how this could be released like that. So yeah, as much as it hurts me in the long run (if they fix it, I will want those DLCs), I honestly don't want other people to buy it. Not in this state.

Edited by GonziHere
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. Just to let you know, we're working on a patch to address some of the most pressing issues that have been raised here. As soon as I have notes on confirmed fixes, I'll share them with you ASAP.

We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board.

Cheers,

Christina

so @xtinamcgrath does that mean

a) the next patch - coming soon - will not include any FFB changes
OR
b) the patch will come a little later because FFB issues take a little more time

?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the Digital Deluxe version through the Xbox store.  It downloaded all the bonus content with the Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec, Five Car gift pack, and starter car upgrade pack but I do not see these items in game.  I have tried reinstalling these items as well as reinstalling the entire game and still no luck.  I basically spent $20 extra just to play the game a few days early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Steam Updated? How i can check my Version Number? It feels like Steam runs the Old v1 Version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WOTcaptain said:

I bought the Digital Deluxe version through the Xbox store.  It downloaded all the bonus content with the Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec, Five Car gift pack, and starter car upgrade pack but I do not see these items in game.  I have tried reinstalling these items as well as reinstalling the entire game and still no luck.  I basically spent $20 extra just to play the game a few days early. 

The main point of deluxe is the content thats coming, not sure if it is worth getting deluxe add on or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VaeliusNoctu said:

Is Steam Updated? How i can check my Version Number? It feels like Steam runs the Old v1 Version.

Steam had the v1.1 patch bundled with the preload, PC users got it on Day 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. Just to let you know, we're working on a patch to address some of the most pressing issues that have been raised here. As soon as I have notes on confirmed fixes, I'll share them with you ASAP.

We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board.

Cheers,

Christina

 

 

Sorry but there is something I don't understand. The FFB issue seem serious because you say it will be fixed only if won't affect the game.

But did the Codemasters team discover the FFB issues only when the game was launched ? Nothing when the last tests before launch happened ?

It seems FFB issues affect the game only on PS4 and XBox One, not on PC. Did the game was tested before launch only on PCs ?! or it was intended that FFB "works" like that on XBox and PS4? I hope not. FFB was so great on Dirt Rally. Why did the Codemasters team change everything , Now we feel barely nothing...

sorry to be so harsh, I know you are a passionate team who worked a lot on this game but i'm so disapointed. I hope you will fix these issues, I know you'll do everything you can. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Micka3719 said:

 

Sorry but there is something I don't understand. The FFB issue seem serious because you say it will be fixed only if won't affect the game.

But did the Codemasters team discover the FFB issues only when the game was launched ? Nothing when the last tests before launch happened ?

It seems FFB issues affect the game only on PS4 and XBox One, not on PC. Did the game was tested before launch only on PCs ?! or it was intended that FFB "works" like that on XBox and PS4? I hope not. FFB was so great on Dirt Rally. Why did the Codemasters team change everything , Now we feel barely nothing...

sorry to be so harsh, I know you are a passionate team who worked a lot on this game but i'm so disapointed. I hope you will fix these issues, I know you'll do everything you can. 

The issue with FFB definitely hits PC also. I have G29 and tried every solution proposed I could find, from bumping up the values, to specific combinations to editing .xml file to changing different Logitech drivers and playing with options. Nothing even remotely resembles the real feel of the car. I`m quite aware that it`s just a game, but the point of feedback is, well, to feed-back the information of the car and road. If we`re getting no feedback, or what`s even worse - wrong feedback, it completely beats the purpose and enjoyment of the ride. I, personally, have driven and was driven on both race track and gravel (I can`t speak for snow tho). And what we currently have implemented feels like driving with my first wheel (with rubber band centering) some 15 years ago and my brother hitting it (or me, if I wasn`t fast enough) with a hammer when I crashed.

To be more specific:

1. First dozen or so of degrees around the center are virtually force-less, like in a vacuum (cca 10:30 - 1:30 o`clock). Which makes those fast 5`s and 6`s really tricky to negotiate as you have no idea what`s going on below the car. It is incredibly annoying to have zero feedback during majority of time in Poland where at times I caught myself pulling the steering wheel 90 degrees random direction just to be sure I`m not watching a reply, after which my car would look like a god d**n Klingon war bird returning from an epic and obviously outnumbered battle.

2. Once FFB kicks in, it`s too strong and harsh (again, on any settings I`ve managed to get) and those spin-offs want to put at least one of your fingers in the opposite direction of what traditional medicine considers correct curvature (with the strong preference for thumbs).

3. Bumps, what happened to bumps? Powering through one of the rare straights in Argentina, in a 400+ hp Audi`s 5th gear flat-out, when even camera`s gimbal clings to dear life cursing its creator and failed teleportation experiment kangaroo looks at it as a potential mate in heat on mdma headbanging concert - my wheel feels like a gentle breeze on a Valium enhanced sunny Sunday morning.

3. Changing terrains is like a flip switch - driving on the track and off track. For e.g. going from gravel to touching the grass feels like going from ice to hitting vineyard, full Petter Solberg style (see video below). Whenever I even remotely touch the grass, Muammad Ali`s narration echoes in my head: "Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch, was in the bed before the room was dark!"

So, I really hope we`ll get proper FFB in this epic rally title, it deserves it. 🙂

Edited by TheCulac
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paint21 said:

 

How clear can she be ?


It is DiRT 4 and the rear-grip issues all over again. "Looking in to it" "Not easy fix" "Will affect all cars" "Still looking in to it" "There will be a patch" - patch released, no changes. "Still working on it" etc. until sudden silence, just as "sudden" long after the game had died down - no change in the most pressing issues. New silence and then DiRT Rally 2.0.

So in tradition, it will be DiRT 5 or DiRT Rally 3.0

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myrvold said:


It is DiRT 4 and the rear-grip issues all over again. "Looking in to it" "Not easy fix" "Will affect all cars" "Still looking in to it" "There will be a patch" - patch released, no changes. "Still working on it" etc. until sudden silence, just as "sudden" long after the game had died down - no change in the most pressing issues. New silence and then DiRT Rally 2.0.

So in tradition, it will be DiRT 5 or DiRT Rally 3.0

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Dude......if they don’t fix DR2.0 like they never fixed Dirt 4, so many people like me will never buy a Codemasters Rally game again. 

Combine the FFB with a lack of content and expensive dlc......yeah, I’m not happy. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's simple, the only aspect of FFB coming through our wheels is from the suspension geometry. I CAN feel the back-end move when going through corners I CAN feel the car get light and heavy over jumps. (don't change this aspect as its one thing that CM does well).

 I CAN'T feel the tires on the gravel, the cattle crossings bearly register, the sensations of any surface (vibration or noise) through the steering column (this was present in dirt rally so I don't understand why it's absent). I CAN'T tell if my car is moving via feel until I actually hit a physical change in the road elevation (small rises or road divets.) any sensation of grip or traction "grabbing" is absent. 

 

CMSettings.png

TMSettings.png

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is a sim and this is how real rally cars feel on the road....... then something is really wrong with my IRL cars and the roads i drive on, lol

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Adaptable" achievement in steam version seems to be bugged. 
So far I have completed 3 full rally championships and 2 RX championships + tried driving same track in every weather scenario, but nothing has changed. 

Also "UPGRADED" achievement seems to be not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Rather than making noize, post the footage than, say what system your playing on, what specs you have, etc. Now CM have nothing to work with.

I'm not making noise dude. I already posted pictures and platform I play on few pages back. I get new bugs almost daily and I'm pretty sure they all caused by RaceNet for some reason. It takes time to download everything from PS4, put it on PC, edit videos, upload to youtube etc. and I don't have much time to do so. I already posted some of the most common bugs I get.

 

Here is the latest, No Grip bug, like zero grip at all. PS4 Pro again.

 

Edited by HeRtZDoNuT
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HeRtZDoNuT said:

I'm not making noise dude. I already posted pictures and platform I play on few pages back. I get new bugs almost daily and I'm pretty sure they all caused by RaceNet for some reason. It takes time to download everything from PS4, put it on PC, edit videos, upload to youtube etc. and I don't have much time to do so. I already posted some of the most common bugs I get.

 

Here is the latest, No Grip bug, like zero grip at all. PS4 Pro again.

 

That might be an extra weather condition known as "black ice". I bet you've got the Deluxe version. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

Dude......if they don’t fix DR2.0 like they never fixed Dirt 4, so many people like me will never buy a Codemasters Rally game again. 

Combine the FFB with a lack of content and expensive dlc......yeah, I’m not happy. 

Many of us thought the same after Dirt 4 and we are waiting for the game to be completed before giving any money to Codemasters. The game is not ranking particularly well in the UK charts during the first week even though its a British game. That might be an indication of some people getting tired of the same problems. Still some people will buy it blind, which I understand if you are a rally fan, but not if you think twice about what they have done in the past.

I don't know if they have financial problems or they need to release in a rush to keep the investors happy, but I'm almost sure that the way they are doing things they will not be season 3 (even season 2 could be changed as per terms and conditions) and Dirt 5 will be £90.

Edited by CodingRacer
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Te Awanga Sprint Forward Dry: 

Pug 205. Times are mostly wrong. 

 

- After finish it says my Personal best time is 03:00:442 (wrong). This time is not changing.

- World record (my time) is 03:01.550, which it says on the Leaderboard is the only correct time.

- At Start it says Personal best: 3:00.441 (The time displayed at Start Gate is always wrong, not only this car and stage). 

It is usually 0.001 second wrong, but I have seen 0.005 on longer stages in NZ.

- When I drive, the 3rd Split time is 17+ seconds in Green, but I still don't beat my old time,

despite driving fast the last sector.  My WR run clocked 45.897 seconds in sector 4, but it says

my Personal best is 26.066 seconds in that sector!! That's about 26 seconds difference...

- And this is totally missing from results: Previous Best 

 

This problem was there all through driving from 20th place or so and until 1st.

792187272_DR2-BUGintimesforPug205-TeAwangaSprintForwardDry-WrongPersonalBest-MissingPreviousBest.PNG.8cdb7ffb0551bb5c04847a882159e87e.PNG

1857926195_DR2-BUGintimesforPug205-TeAwangaSprintForwardDry-LeaderboardisCorrect-NoBUGherre.PNG.acf8e71095096e2c8df2e9446334515e.PNG

1636813953_DR2-BUGintimesforPug205-TeAwangaSprintForwardDry-WrongPersonalBest4thSplittime-MissingPreviousBest.PNG.97763428a23c73cbbccf7863b1f296ee.PNG

1957073858_DR2-BUGintimesforPug205-TeAwangaSprintForwardDry-WrongPersonalBestatStartgate.PNG.12dd707352fc22354de7d2d56b9bdec3.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for a great game. :classic_smile:
Loved DR 1, and think this new version will provide lots of joy for me in the coming months.

Problem
The game crashes when wanting to test drive a car.
Tried with both cars from shop and from my garage.

System
Running on PS4 Pro with G29

Steps to reproduce on my system
1. Select car, select test drive
2. Accept default conditions as dry gravel
3. System starts loading stage in New Zealand -> Crash.

Let me know if you require any additional information in order to investigate the issue.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update video driver to 19.3.1, system FX8320E, 16 DDR 1600, RX470 4Gb.

High Settings video.
Time trial Valle de los puentes a la inversa.
When car stay or move a little outside track - fps drops to 25-30. GPU load 4-5%.
When car stay or move inside track - fps 60-70. GPU load 40-45%.

Looks like this is game bug, not a video driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys I will be repetitive I know, but the update must come out absolutely before or the day of the dlc, I can not put the dlc if the game itself is not yet affixed.:classic_wink:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor sound bug:

BMW M3 @ Czarn Las, Poland, dry weather: on gravel roads the tires screeching like they're running on tarmac. It's not game-breaking but rather funny. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 Pro

My team. Daily RX events. Before to do the event, I select the option Practice, just getting a bit used to the crosskarts or RX2 with the track. When finishing an practice the game not returns to the service area, but return to the MyTeam menu and there is no menu music. I noticed this with the RX2 at Loheac, Crosskart at Silverstone and yesterday with an RX2 again, but now at Loheac. It seems specific to be with daily RX events. With daily Rally events it seems be working normal (but than it’s called shakedown if I remember it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×