DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

On 3/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Janneman60 said:

If you play the game a week after release you really think you are the first to notice this? Please catch up with reading first...

Settle down pal!

Just letting it be known whether it's been said before or not.
More people that share things like this the more likely it is to be determined as common or not. 

• Agree 1

All R5 car has got a wrong wheel track width for tarmac stages

ALL OF THEM ARE INCORRECT at least in visuals.  Easy job, all the cars have to the same track width by FIA regulation which is 1,665mm

Doesn't matter is the car FORD, SKODA, CITROEN, MITSUBISHI...

I can't tell anything about their the physics part, because we can't see the data, but in graphical it is a joke now... PLEASE FIX IT

R5_wheeltrack02.jpg

R5_wheeltrack01.jpg

R5_wheeltrack-OK.jpg

• Like 1

also want to point out. All Skoda R5 have green rims. Looks cool on the factory car, but not so cool on other cars where is no green in the livery.

Posted (edited)

I can't be the only one to have the AI score double points in an event for My Team right? Had to climb my way back for my Elite promotion after DNF'ing the first event on the last stage - after the first round the AI had scored 60 points for a win... I literally had to win out the the next 5 events to finish in 2nd place for my promo. Here is a screenshot from halfway through, even if J. Norberg won every/all 3 events, he shouldn't be above 90 points - but he's sitting at 114 points, and a guy who finished 2nd/6th/3rd has more points than acing it should have given.

7F47C907D9B7EF8D9B32BF18AE24049BCF4D0603

Edited by CatBadders
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, GooseCreature said:

No matter what I try the only peep I get from my co-driver is the last 2 turns of every stage, so it's not settings or my hardware as he actually says things in my ears at the very end of stages. Tried file verification, reported one file will be d/loaded. Still no co-driver. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it (not the swiftest pastime) still no co-driver. 

Have found a bizarre work around, I stream to the big TV on other side of room, although I then get no sound at all, my co-driver shouts notes from yonder, bit weird but at least it gives me a general idea of where i'm going.

Been told by a few that this is a well known bug that is to be remedied, does anyone have any idea if this is this week, this month or indeed this year, as not found much about it on here, gets lost among all the other issues I guess. Not so sure DR2 was ready for release, lot of money to have invested in something that is obviously broken for some.

Running a series 4 Intel i7 CPU, 16Gb of ram and an nVidia 1080 on a clean install of Win10 Pro 64bit, most of the main Sims, hardware drivers, couple race Apps and that's it. All drivers are the latest versions for all hardware. It runs at a solid 60fps (guess it's locked at that) with, apart from motion blur and glare, which is disabled, is maxed out in graphics settings, I'm running 3 x 27" monitors in 5860 x 1080, with no problems with any other sim graphically but DR2 I'm finding all sorts of issues, tearing, very slow drawing of the vegetation and scenery and as for wet mud, just looks ridiculous, also finding tyre marks being drawn in front of the car, surely they should be behind me. Not impressed!

I purchased CM f1 2018, had it a week, wasted hours on the forum being bombarded by ideas of which none worked, so never got to drive a car, never got to see the intro screen, refused to start entirely, so had a Steam refund, I do hope I don't have to go through the same procedure with the very next Codemasters product I've bought. I really feel someone has to decide whether they make games or Sims and stick to it. 70 squid would buy me a lot of content in any other Sim (well apart from iRansom), beginning to wish I'd taken that option.

same spec same issues

Please fix the anti shake Argentina has been rendered almost useless you cant see where you are going.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

Achievement/Trophy 'Living the dream' is glitched. 

can you be more specific?

2 hours ago, doyaneedthis said:

Please fix the anti shake Argentina has been rendered almost useless you cant see where you are going.

Can you be more specific?

Yeah I've purchased all 5 group B cars and it didn't pop. 

And yes I did buy the Quattro even though I already had it.

2 hours ago, doyaneedthis said:

Hmm, I thought the cure for that is suspension adjustment, higher framerate, and lowering camera shake if needed in Preferences?  I mean, you are supposed to shake like crazy on some roads AFAIK.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bn880 said:

Hmm, I thought the cure for that is suspension adjustment, higher framerate, and lowering camera shake if needed in Preferences?  I mean, you are supposed to shake like crazy on some roads AFAIK.

😄 so you think you have such an eyeshaked-vision in real-life? ............... 😆

Edited by teknoid85
  • Disagree 1

Well thought I'd have another go this morning, met with an announcement that 2 cars had been added to my garage. Went for a quick TT and low and behold, some chap was shouting instructions at me, euphoria! short lived, no idea what is going on now. Originally had the graphics tailored to keep a constant 60fps, to tell you the truth I'd previously thought the game was locked to 60fps but today, today I'm lucky to get 20fps, lowered a big chunk of the graphically intensive settings, tried again, same 20fps. FML, you have got to be kidding me, I fancy with a good supply of Sharp H4's, even I could draw the scenery quicker than the game, Tsk, Tsk, so it looks very much like it's time to hit the refund button, £70,😮 £70 I say, lot of money. Shame, so much right, yet released to a timescale that was impossible to keep, imho maybe should have waited for a summer holiday release.

Oh, while I'm here griping, anyone know what's going down now? Waiting for the results of an integrity check and......................... "all files verified successfully" FML2 the saga continues. 🍋

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

😄 so you think you have such an eyeshaked-vision in real-life? ............... 😆

What?...   I don't know what you mean I suggested means to mitigate the shaking.

on today daily in bretagne,loheac:

finished daily,watching  leaderboard, it 'show me  i'm retired  😄

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, bn880 said:

What?...   I don't know what you mean I suggested means to mitigate the shaking.

""""" I mean, you are supposed to shake like crazy on some roads AFAIK. """"""""""""

Just now, teknoid85 said:

""""" I mean, you are supposed to shake like crazy on some roads AFAIK. """"""""""""

Yes, so what?  You don't think you will have shaking if you drive on extremely rough roads in real life?

1 minute ago, bn880 said:

Yes, so what?  You don't think you will have shaking if you drive on extremely rough roads in real life?

yes,and you have to soften suspension of course,  but  the visual shaking effect on those stages is not real, it's bullsh** 😉   and the fact that the  shakingeffectgslider don't work is even worse

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

yes,and you have to soften suspension of course,  but  the visual shaking effect on those stages is not real, it's bullsh** 😉   and the fact that the  shakingeffectgslider don't work is even worse

Might be, I haven't really looked into it in extreme detail. So far it seemed to be more less shaking with the car chassis and not more.  I guess the problem is also we are sitting on immobile chairs and not in the car to compensate, so I guess there has to be some UNrealism for that reason to mitigate some shake as an option.

• Disagree 1

The roads are probably that bumpy but the difference in real life is that your eyes can adjust whereas in game you are just looking at a bouncy screen. 

So yeah it is unrealistic in that respect. As said soften the suspension and the spring rate and move camera shake down to 50. It won't solve the problem but it's a lot better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 15.15.40.55.png

not only "retired" from  first rx daily of today,  but the car is still "in use"  in that daily !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SquadBruce said:

The roads are probably that bumpy but the difference in real life is that your eyes can adjust whereas in game you are just looking at a bouncy screen. 

So yeah it is unrealistic in that respect. As said soften the suspension and the spring rate and move camera shake down to 50. It won't solve the problem but it's a lot better.

Yes that was exactly what I was saying in my last post.   So there should be a little bit of unrealistic countering to the fact that we are not in a motion sim.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My driver gets angry after every single rally or rallycross event, even if I have won it by a mile. Why is this?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, silentninja939 said:

My driver gets angry after every single rally or rallycross event, even if I have won it by a mile. Why is this?

Bipolarity

• Haha 2

Overwriting my tuning setup don't remember its name, always resets it to "My Tuning Setup" which is ANNOYING...

Example: If someone modify his own tuning setup for a Skoda R5 for NZ and before modify called it "Skoda R5 NZ" then when hit "Save", the game overwrite its name to "My Tuning Setup" by default and users have ot press "Rename" and type again and again and again "Skoda R5 NZ" ... etc.
ANNOYING

Please fix it and do not let the game overwrite previously users saved tuning settings name

• Agree 1