DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

The game loads fine. I can hear the sounds. But it only loads to black screen. One time I managed to get it to open in windowed mode and then changed my graphics settings to match my actual 4K HDR TV. But when I tried to change a graphics setting regarding the crowds, the PC crashed and it just goes to black screen now  

This is on PC.  I’ve tried nearly every setting.  Played with the config file.  Nothing seems to work. 

Edit: I pulled my HDMI cable and replugged and it was visible in windowed mode so this bug seems to be related to borderless mode. 

Edited by jtgoldsm

3 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Bug: The Heusinkveld Handbrake cannot be used to "start" a rally. It works as a handbrake on the stage, but it cannot be used to trigger the starting countdown. If you press any other assigned handbrake button it will trigger the countdown and you then can just hold the HE Handbrake at full lock while revving the engine.

System:

i7 3770k

1080ti

16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz

SSD

Windows 10

Logitech G27

Heusinkveld Handbrake

Try to calibrate the handbreak in windows gamecontrols settings if you have not done this. I had this issue in DR sometimes, i had to recalibrate the handbreak to make it work. 

34 minutes ago, mirk1983 said:

Try to calibrate the handbreak in windows gamecontrols settings if you have not done this. I had this issue in DR sometimes, i had to recalibrate the handbreak to make it work. 

I've gone through everything from windows calibration to Heusinkveld's own custom tool. Dirt Rally 2.0 itself treats it as an analogue handbrake input, but if you ever use it the actual handbrake HUD icon will never light up. It works like a handbrake, but the game doesn't treat it as the main handbrake I guess?

No Dualshock 4 vibration on PC

DS4 is correctly recognised on PC, but there's no vibration at all. Vibration is set to 100% in-game and it's also enabled in Steam Big Picture mode's settings.

When using the "DS4Windows" software to make the game think it's an X360 controller, vibration works. Still would be nice if it worked without 3rd party software.

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

A lot of people are complaining, including myself (Thrustmaster T500RS here), about the absence of road/wheels feeling. There's barely any vibration or feedback coming through, even though people are putting their respective values up to the maximum. The center forces seem to be working ok (Self Aligning Torque and FFB Center Force), but the rest just doesn't come through and it makes the driving feel bland.

Please let us know if there's any acknowledge or advancements regarding this matter, as most of the wheel community is getting affected by this and therefore not enjoying the game up to its capabilities.

I word of support and appreciation for the whole team for what you've done so far and what you're currently doing, the game is looking absolutely incredible.

Here goes a list of wheels affected by this problem so far, based on community reports throughout the various threads, to help you:

1. Thrustmaster T500RS (I'm on PC)
  2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  7. Thrustmaster T300 (some people say it's working)
  8. Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (Xbox One X)
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

Add Logitech G27 to the list as well mate! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Community made liveries aren't working as they were in D4 - .pssg files aren't being recognized unless they're injected into the .nefs - meaning career progress and times aren't being saved.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?page=1155&tab=comments#comment-392787

This will kill off a committed mod community and discourage investment in the game if not addressed soon.

Appreciate all the hard work going on!

Edited by pigloaf

Tyres float beside car and not attached to the car in rallyx on the Corsa , also brightness levels in cockpit cam compared to chase cam is alot darker and can bearly see when it rains during day-ps4

Not sure if you would count this as a bug but there doesn't seem to be an option to adjust field of view on Xbox. The game is zoomed out, which makes it impossible to judge speed and distance on small screens.

5 hours ago, CatBadders said:

Bug: The Heusinkveld Handbrake cannot be used to "start" a rally. It works as a handbrake on the stage, but it cannot be used to trigger the starting countdown. If you press any other assigned handbrake button it will trigger the countdown and you then can just hold the HE Handbrake at full lock while revving the engine.

System:

i7 3770k

1080ti

16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz

SSD

Windows 10

Logitech G27

Heusinkveld Handbrake

Mine works fine. Maybe try calibrating it with the heusinkveld software again?

1 hour ago, Rigle said:

Mine works fine. Maybe try calibrating it with the heusinkveld software again?

I've calibrated everything I can think of. The handbrake works in game, but I can't use it to start a race. I have to hold the wheel handbrake button until the countdown starts, then I can pull the actual handbrake and rev the engine until launch. Problem is, drunk me sometimes forgets to not rev the engine while I hold the wheel handbrake...

11 hours ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

A lot of people are complaining, including myself (Thrustmaster T500RS here), about the absence of road/wheels feeling. There's barely any vibration or feedback coming through, even though people are putting their respective values up to the maximum. The center forces seem to be working ok (Self Aligning Torque and FFB Center Force), but the rest just doesn't come through and it makes the driving feel bland.

Please let us know if there's any acknowledge or advancements regarding this matter, as most of the wheel community is getting affected by this and therefore not enjoying the game up to its capabilities.

I word of support and appreciation for the whole team for what you've done so far and what you're currently doing, the game is looking absolutely incredible.

Here goes a list of wheels affected by this problem so far, based on community reports throughout the various threads, to help you:

2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

So somebody posted a file-mod workaround on steam forums, I'm wondering if the values are set this way for a reason though?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1663123655

Regarding audio dropouts, Not sure what triggers them but I found I could workaround it by alt+tabbing out and disabling/re-enabling my audio device, if you have auto-sensing 3.5mm jacks or a USB audio device you can probably just re-plug it as well.

EDIT: wait a sec, by day one patch you mean the release date of v1.1 is on the 26th Feb so this patch isn't out yet right?

Edited by nbates66

13 hours ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

Let’s hope that they have a quick fix for th FFB. I can’t play without FFB. 

Another question: where is hardcore damage in the career mode? 

Had a lobby running last night with some friends and every stage we did Phil Mills would fail to call a note every now and then, the worst one being a 1L at the end of a very long straight on a poland stage. 

I've done a bit of career mode and haven't had a problem but as soon as we hit multiplayer Phil Mills loses the plot. 

Also last night on one of the Australian stages online we all had a massive frame rate drop when we were under the trees. It reminded me of CMR1 briefly.

@ChristinaMc

i also have noticed that camera shaking setting doesn't seems to work.   i've tried that on argentina  and it's shaking me mad 😆

• Agree 1

@ChristinaMc Many people including myself are complaining that hardcore damage doesn't seem to be anywhere near hardcore. You can crash into tree's and rocks and carry on as normal, when these would ideally cause terminal damage. Please can you pass this in to be fixed, Many thanks. 

Not strictly a bug, but the cockpit view is too dark on rainy daytime stages. Even with headlights on the road is barely visible. With outside views (chase/bonnet/bumper cam) the light is good, but I prefer and I dont want to change view because of this issue. I play on standard Xbox One.

Another issue is (maybe also game-design and not bug) that the rev.counter/gear indicator overlay is not visible in basic cockpit view (the one with the steering wheel). I enabled the rev.counter in the menu, but choosing the cockpit view overwrites this option. Would it be possible to enable at least the gear indicator in every view?

On Argentina stages frame rate drops in sections with more trees (at least in rainy conditions). (standard Xbox One)

Edited by redriot77

I have an issue with the soft lock on classic rally cars. I tried with both 900 and 1080 degrees set in the Thrustmaster control panel, but the issue remains:

After calibrating the T300 in-game and turning the soft lock on, the hand animation is fine with rallycross and modern rally cars, but it is off with classic cars (the virtual wheel turns less than my actual movements). If I set the "Cockpit driver & wheel" option to "Wheel only", then everything is fine, but I can't seem to correct the hand animation. Anyone else with the same problem?

• Agree 1

I thinks it's by design, it would need extra animation, maybe you can hope for it to be added later but i wouldn't put too much hope on that. On my side i hide wheel and hands, it bother me lot to see it (with a little latency) while i already have my wheel and hands in front of me. Since vr is planned, that will maybe be patched because it would become critical for this kind of usage.

Cockpit view is bugged? My lights are not smashed, every setting on high at least (motion blur off)... and then it's almost complete darkness during the day, headlights do nothing, also check the center rear view mirror, WHAT?!
https://youtu.be/DX9HQ_0iosE

Edited by KalandosLajos
  • Confused 1

I have a Thrustmaster TMX and all I would want is to give us vibration and the option to turn it up or down since it's greyed out on the Xbox. When I drive over the cattle grates, it's a little much and it feels like the wheel clips a bit. I just want a little vibration, that's all I ask of Codemasters. I said it in an earlier post, everything else feels great.

• Agree 1

When doing Rallies in Multiplayer occasionally I won't get any Co-Driver audio. This normally lasts for a few corners before coming back again.

This is happening on Xbox One X however I've heard a few people mention it on Steam as well.

• Like 2