DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

Might be reported earlier, but I am some times experiencing "laggy" sound. When I rev up the engine at the start of the stage, the sound can be maybe half a second behind what it should be. The only way to fix this is to restart the game.

As if retiring on the last stage of an australian rally due to terminal damage by crashing towards a gate at 140km/h, after being leading for 20s on Pro championship wasn't enough, the AI seem to be scoring double points somehow now.

686767052_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_03.17-11_38_16_95.thumb.png.bb15aaa9ad9eb28d25fd519f25367409.png

There's no way I'll be getting to Masters that way xD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

^ The terminal damage sounds good though.  I hope that part isn't your bug report 😄

Edited by bn880

2 hours ago, bn880 said:

^ The terminal damage sounds good though.  I hope that part isn't your bug report 😄

Ahaha absolutely not, it's about the points. I'm glad the terminal damage is happening more frequently despite not even being using hardcore damage.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There's a bug with the wheels not touching the ground sometimes. Sometimes Im doing some curbs and the RPM just go up to the max like if the wheels lost contact with the ground, this also happened on straights so it's not an anti-roll bar setup issue. This happened to me for the first time now, on a custom multiplayer match in both Spain and New Zealand stages with the 208 R5.

I'm talking about this, but intermitently and not so severe, happens more on bumpy sections or flatout oversteer curves or when I get off a hairpin and start accelerating straight, then after a second it grips back to the road:

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Riggs said:

As if retiring on the last stage of an australian rally due to terminal damage by crashing towards a gate at 140km/h, after being leading for 20s on Pro championship wasn't enough, the AI seem to be scoring double points somehow now.

Reveal hidden contents

686767052_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_03.17-11_38_16_95.thumb.png.bb15aaa9ad9eb28d25fd519f25367409.png

There's no way I'll be getting to Masters that way xD

Sounds like you've helped me confirm the cause of the double point bug. @CM_Ads looks like it is triggered by DNF'ing one of the final 2 stages in an event with terminal damage. Mine happened in Argentina, @Riggs got it in Australia so I doubt it is limited to only certain locations.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:42 PM, Shmeefly said:

I’m assuming you have the deluxe edition?

Yes

Posted (edited)

The Lancer Evo VI is missing a set of halogen lights in the bonnet for night stages: image.png.dadc1c37d651b7fa97befdad86825998.png

image.thumb.png.178a17ddb6aaa85c2af84d75757d1530.png

The game only puts the two in the front bumper. This is the 1999 championship, Sweden rally, they also used those lights in Monte Carlo.

I also noticed that these halogen lights sometimes don't transit from a night stage to a sunset or daytime stage even though there's no service. Afaik the lights used to be fitted in the service area, although I remember seeing Makinen attaching the bonnet ones in a road section in between stages.

Edited by Riggs

Hi all,

A heads up - the patch is confirmed to go live at 11am tomorrow! RaceNet will go down for maintenance (for a maximum of an hour) while we patch the game, so please make sure you're not in game when that happens as it could compromise event times uploading to the server. I'll be back early tomorrow morning with a Road Book featuring patch notes and some information about what we've tweaked server side too - as well as more info on how we're doing on our FFB investigations.

Cheers,
Christina

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1. on PS 4 The graphics are very poorly resolved and blurry 
2. after a stage when you're in the service then go to the main menu and back again in the service, the assembled tires are new
3.If I drive all 5 daily events Friday,Sunday and Monday I get only 4 times a reward !  

I want my credits !!!!!!!!!!

4.In the career championship, the level of difficulty is far too high
The level of difficulty in the career championship must be adjusted!!
Edited by gleylancer571

Morning all,

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I have missed something painfully obvious but I cannot upgrade my Pug 208 R5 to grade 6 ecu.

I have driven the miles required and it states 100% complete but the game wont allow me to buy it, nor will it even show the amount of credits required to buy it. Is this a bug or is there some other criteria that I need to fulfil first?

Would anyone know?

Cheers,

After update to 1.2,

my vJoy-Controller isn't registered anymore.
That means "vJoy Device" is still in "Connected Devices", but inputs aren't registered anymore to bind inputs to behaviour.
(In "Advanced Settings" in my "vJoy Device" "Steering Sensitivity" and others are only optionalizable with analog adjuster, but not with left/right-adjuster (left/right arrows) - bug!?!)

I can't play anymore.

And "Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras" doesn't seem to work either.
But who cares, I can't drive, because of no vJoy-inputs.

And because of modern times, I can't use Version 1.1.

My Fanatec v3's aren't working. connected directly with usb cable.

Hello. My defect, about displaying speed in car when used metric system, is not fixed

Just to give a bit of feedback about the troubles I came through. Well, even before the update it hasn’t happened anymore (I don’t know if it is because I switched back on the 4k option as I suppose at one point). I just have the wheel graphic problem one time (a car wheel was dancing around on a rallycross track).

Now I’ve got two big problems I was hoping the update would fix:

-    I can’t access to any D+ challenge, while I’ve got the deluxe edition. What happens is just that it tells me it is impossible to access Racenet or something like that.
-    I couldn’t find the new WRC cars in the career mode garage to buy them (and they’ve been out for a week now).

Can anyone give me an advice?

Thank you.

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, Shmeefly said:

I’m assuming you have the deluxe edition?

I do and I've got the same problem. Any better after yesterday update?

Edited by Thoraegir

Still got stutters in stage and in replay. What ever setting are used. Tried alsorts to fix. Hopefully sorted on next patch.

Kenny.

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

Also, in the garage, I have the same pack of cars appearing all the time. I mean it change eventually from being able to buy A, B and C, then D and E, then A, B and C again.

It’s becoming frustrating…

Is anybody else experimenting such troubles?

WHEN will we have a solution…

Edited by Thoraegir

Hi,

I have the latest updates on the game and I have the banging/levitating car rear end issue that others have reported. It does seem to happen on the second stage of a rally more than the first, perhaps damage related but it varies. Sometimes restarting the stage fixes it, sometimes not.

I am using a Logitech g920 wheel as the controller.

Great game, shame I can't play it properly as I have to retire from events when the problem happens. Resetting the car to track obviously ends your rally at clubman level or higher and the car still has the problem.

Please please fix!

• Agree 1

On 3/17/2019 at 11:16 PM, Riggs said:

There's a bug with the wheels not touching the ground sometimes. Sometimes Im doing some curbs and the RPM just go up to the max like if the wheels lost contact with the ground, this also happened on straights so it's not an anti-roll bar setup issue. This happened to me for the first time now, on a custom multiplayer match in both Spain and New Zealand stages with the 208 R5.

I'm talking about this, but intermitently and not so severe, happens more on bumpy sections or flatout oversteer curves or when I get off a hairpin and start accelerating straight, then after a second it grips back to the road:

Yeh same for me, very odd - have had this problem since day one too. Seems to be when starting stage in career mode with some damage. The car jumps around like the collision / friction to the road is wrong, steering input on full lock either way hardly makes a difference and no acceleration. Makes it completely unplayable!

Also - Since the 1.1 patch, my co-driver calls are now non existent.

Never known a game so buggy, utter shambles

• Agree 3

On 3/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, chumpmince said:

Hi,

I have the latest updates on the game and I have the banging/levitating car rear end issue that others have reported. It does seem to happen on the second stage of a rally more than the first, perhaps damage related but it varies. Sometimes restarting the stage fixes it, sometimes not.

I am using a Logitech g920 wheel as the controller.

Great game, shame I can't play it properly as I have to retire from events when the problem happens. Resetting the car to track obviously ends your rally at clubman level or higher and the car still has the problem.

Please please fix!

Here's a video of the bug I'm experiencing.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, chumpmince said:

Here's a video of the bug I'm experiencing.

I just think you were braking too hard and did a stoppie.. Easy on those brakes son.. 😄