DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

Hi all,

Please see below for the Day One patch notes for DiRT Rally 2.0. This is v1.1, but will be pushed live to PlayStation users as v1.03 - just something to be aware of.

Visual updates:

Improved visual quality of tracks

Improved placement of reset lines in tracks

Updated car model quality

Additional sponsors added to vehicles and trackside hoardings

Connectivity:

Online connectivity improvements to My Team via RaceNet and in title fixes

Network connectivity improvements and bug fixes for non-RaceNet multiplayer

AI:

AI has been improved in all game modes

Audio

Additional new audio lines for non-English co-drivers

Misc:

Quality of life improvements to My Team

Assorted big fixes

UX refinement for Custom mode

Addressed general stability issues throughout title

Improvements and corrections to text

Please note that we are aware of the RaceNet connectivity issues and Xbox One Deluxe Edition unlock problems, but if there's anything else you feel has slipped through the cracks otherwise, please report those issues here.

Thanks,
Christina

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Thierry97 said:

when will this version of the game come out?:classic_happy:

yeah, i didn't see  that the game has been updated.

@xtinamcgrath

btw, a big hug to all the DEVTEAM, they did a truly masterpiece of game 😋

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

i'm enjoyed to much the game, is amazing, but have a problem with the ffb, with the vibration..
logitech g25

• Agree 1

@ChristinaMc

A lot of people are complaining, including myself (Thrustmaster T500RS here), about the absence of road/wheels feeling. There's barely any vibration or feedback coming through, even though people are putting their respective values up to the maximum. The center forces seem to be working ok (Self Aligning Torque and FFB Center Force), but the rest just doesn't come through and it makes the driving feel bland.

Please let us know if there's any acknowledge or advancements regarding this matter, as most of the wheel community is getting affected by this and therefore not enjoying the game up to its capabilities.

A word of support and appreciation for the whole team for what you've done so far and what you're currently doing, the game is looking absolutely incredible.

Here goes a list of wheels affected by this problem so far, based on community reports throughout the various threads, to help you:

1. Thrustmaster T500RS (I'm on PC)
  2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G27
  4. Logitech G25
  5. Thrustmaster TMX
  6. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  7. Logitech G920
  8. Thrustmaster T300 (some people say it's working)
  9. Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (Xbox One X)
  10. Fanatec CSL Elite
  11. Thrustmaster TS-WX Racer (Xbox One X)
Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9

41 minutes ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

Mucha gente se queja, incluido yo mismo (Thrustmaster T500RS aquí), sobre la ausencia de sensación de carretera / ruedas. Apenas hay vibraciones o comentarios, incluso cuando las personas están poniendo sus valores respectivos al máximo. Las fuerzas centrales parecen estar funcionando bien (auto alineación de par y FFB Center Force), pero el resto simplemente no llega y hace que la conducción sea insípida.

Háganos saber si hay algún reconocimiento o avance con respecto a este asunto, ya que la mayoría de la comunidad de Wheel se está viendo afectada y, por lo tanto, no está disfrutando del juego hasta sus capacidades.

Le doy una palabra de apoyo y aprecio a todo el equipo por lo que ha hecho hasta ahora y lo que está haciendo actualmente, el juego se ve absolutamente increíble.

Aquí va una lista de ruedas afectadas por este problema hasta el momento, basadas en informes de la comunidad a lo largo de los diversos hilos, para ayudarlo a:

1. Thrustmaster T500RS (estoy en la PC)
  2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  7. Thrustmaster T300 (algunas personas dicen que está funcionando)
  8. Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (Xbox One X)
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

thanks, you are the boss!

please @Cristinamc , tell us something when you talk with the right person, and obviusly thank you very match for all

Edited by elrojodp8

Ok, not sure if really a bug.

I have performance problems on WRX tracks. Sometimes FPS are dropping down to 40, sometimes even in the box.
On Loheac for instance I am always getting FPS drops in the last two corners before finish.
My system should be capable enough to get steady 60 FPS @ 1080p with ultra or at least high settings.
i7-8700k
ASRock Z370 Extreme 4
16GB DDR4
GTX 1080
SSD
Win10 64bit

So, I tried various settings on Loheac and when I disabled crowd completely during a race, my FPS got rock steady.
But, all the crowd was still there. I couldn't see any difference. I switched the settings back and forth, but now visual difference. But the FPS were only solid with crowd switched to off.
Only in the next race, the crowd was actually not there anymore, only some basic grandstands filled with grey crowd. But all the poeple standing at the track were gone.

So, there are two things.
First, crowd seem to have some heavy impact (on some systems).
Second, although the crowd only disappears in the next race, there is already a positive effect when switching crowd off during a race.

Seems like something is going on there.

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

A lot of people are complaining, including myself (Thrustmaster T500RS here), about the absence of road/wheels feeling. There's barely any vibration or feedback coming through, even though people are putting their respective values up to the maximum. The center forces seem to be working ok (Self Aligning Torque and FFB Center Force), but the rest just doesn't come through and it makes the driving feel bland.

Please let us know if there's any acknowledge or advancements regarding this matter, as most of the wheel community is getting affected by this and therefore not enjoying the game up to its capabilities.

I word of support and appreciation for the whole team for what you've done so far and what you're currently doing, the game is looking absolutely incredible.

Here goes a list of wheels affected by this problem so far, based on community reports throughout the various threads, to help you:

2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  7. Thrustmaster T300 (some people say it's working)
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

This, so much this.  This game is shaping up to be my favorite Rally game / RallyCross game and favorite Codemasters game to date, it is a lot of fun.  Past complains I had with even DR1, and especially Dirt 4 are no more in DR2, seems like you guys have the makings of something pretty special here.  Assuming the online connectivity servers perform properly, and if the force feedback feel of the road gets a little attention, I can't think of anything else to complain about, which is saying something.  Good job!  Even more hype about the future DLC potential.  🙂

• Agree 1

I agree, the overall feel of the wheel is great..... I just don't have any good vibration except on cattle grates. The game itself is awesome. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

This, so much this.  This game is shaping up to be my favorite Rally game / RallyCross game and favorite Codemasters game to date, it is a lot of fun.  Past complains I had with even DR1, and especially Dirt 4 are no more in DR2, seems like you guys have the makings of something pretty special here.  Assuming the online connectivity servers perform properly, and if the force feedback feel of the road gets a little attention, I can't think of anything else to complain about, which is saying something.  Good job!  Even more hype about the future DLC potential.  🙂

I fully agree, we are facing something incredible! ... but the ffb needs urgent attention from coddies

• Agree 2

Co driver's voice changes from center channel audio to Left and Right front and then back to center a few times on most stages.  The random inconsistency is very distracting. 

Random black squares appearing during race, make Bly on bott9m half of screen.. they disappear quickly but happened 3 or 4 times during last race (New Zealand). Happened on bonnet but very noticeably around speedometer bottom right, about the same size as the Speedo too, making me way Nader if it was the black back round around 5he Speedo gfx

xbox x, bonnet view, latest day one patch.... 

Annoying bug: Sometimes the co-driver stops reading pace notes. The pace note icons still appear on the screen, but they won't be read out loud. About 2-3 notes will be skipped and then the co-driver will continue reading them as usual. It's not just me, others have noticed it too. Sometimes it happens when I crash / hit something with my car, but it seems to be random as well.

• Agree 1

Posted this in Version 1 thread accidently. Horrible glitch that makes the game unplayable. 

UPDATE: I was able to just abandon the rally and start another and the issue hasn't arrived since. It may be something with that specific stage, so something devs may want to look at.

Edited by DinoDadShadow
Update to problem

Probably not really a bug but when u go to my garage and take one of your own cars for a testdrive, u get the codriver calls but when u watch the replay from the testdrive, there's no one in the codriver seat, it's a bit funny though when someone gives u pacenotes who isn't in the car 🙂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bobby1976 said:

Co driver's voice changes from center channel audio to Left and Right front and then back to center a few times on most stages.  The random inconsistency is very distracting. 

Yes have this too - DR1 and D4 both were locked to the centre channel as it should be. Seems to be related to the 3 levels of 'stress' from the co-driver, but Phil always sounds over excited so hard to tell.

Edited by mimimomo

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc

I word of support and appreciation for the whole team for what you've done so far and what you're currently doing, the game is looking absolutely incredible.

2. Logitech G29
  3. Logitech G25
  4. Thrustmaster TMX
  5. Thrustmaster TS-PC
  6. Logitech G920
  7. Thrustmaster T300 (some people say it's working)
  9. Fanatec CSL Elite

I'am also affected with the absence of road/whells feeling : I use Xbox One X with Trustmaster TS-XW racer. 

It seems that only the forces coming from the shock absorbers are returned to the FFB, but not the tires, not the vibrations of the road. I noticed that the FFB parameter that was used to adjust this in dirt Rally 1 is absent in Dirt Rally 2. In Dirt Rally 1 It works very well at home with the same console and steering wheel.

• Agree 2

What about the poor performance of DR2.0 ? Why do i have 50% less fps then in DR or Dirt4 ? Beside of that the game isn´t even that pretty or open world compared to Horizon 4 or Anthem and in booth i get way better fps (nearly double) on max settings with my 1080.

Edited by Ak1504

Sorry guys. Can't believe I missed the V1.1 thread. So, since my game is updated. This post should actually have gone here to begin with.

PC player here. I have a possible bug to report with DR2.0.

I have a gaming headset that I play with, while on my laptop. It's a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2, to be precise. For some reason, I get no audio whatsoever in the game. Other games have no problems playing audio through my headset. I checked if the headset was the primary audio playback device, it was. I checked if the sound frequency was set to the right setting, it was. Finally I tried the game without the headset connected and it played audio through my laptop speakers normally. What is happening here? Can someone give me a suggestion on how to get around this problem? If not, at least I've reported the bug I found. Help is appreciated.

edit: this bug has since fixed itself. Literally changed nothing, and on Sunday it just started working.

----------------------

Bug: The Heusinkveld Handbrake cannot be used to "start" a rally. It works as a handbrake on the stage, but it cannot be used to trigger the starting countdown. If you press any other assigned handbrake button it will trigger the countdown and you then can just hold the HE Handbrake at full lock while revving the engine.

System:

i7 3770k

1080ti

16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz

SSD

Windows 10

Logitech G27

Heusinkveld Handbrake

Edited by CatBadders