Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport 2?

By the way there are more than 800 people playing G2 as I type this. The game is 1 and a half years old. How many peeps are still playing G:AS LOL?

isamu99 said:
Andi said:
isamu99 said:
I'd rather see GRID 4 come to all platforms, with the same physics and handling as Grid 2, nice and drifty. Then give it online cross platform support between PS4 and PC(ie Street Fighter V)
Please tell me you are trolling, GRID 2 handling was awful... Heck the whole game was awful. Go back to your Need for Speed or whatever drifty crap you like.
Umm, why don't you take some time to do some research in the thread below, before running your mouth. Then you'll see why there are actually MORE Grid 2 players playing online than GAS.

Let's start with this post.....

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/57603/#Comment_57603

Of course more people play a drifty arcade like game online, it is easier to play and compete with others when most of the skill is taken away by an awful handling model.

Do you really think they rushed to make GRID Autosport so soon after GRID 2 because it was a success?

isamu99 said:
By the way there are more than 800 people playing G2 as I type this. The game is 1 and a half years old. How many peeps are still playing G:AS LOL?
I would be still playing Grid 1 if CM hadn't downed the servers. 
Grid Autosport is a brilliant game though and there are plenty of players touring on ps3.

BTW Grid 2 was pony.

Grid 1 and 2 are terrible arcade racers.  GAS is a "simcade" game which I've enjoyed playing. 

Looking forward to Project Cars as it's going to provide a true sim experience that is lacking on the consoles. 

I will say that GAS is the best racer on the consoles since Race Pro back in 2009.

Next up will be the PC game in March which is going to be fantastic. 

I'm pretty sure Codies will bring out another good racer for the next generation consoles. Can't wait. 

Grid 1 was not terrible arcade ... for me it has best handling , damage system , collision ever in a racing game.. Grid 2 was big disappointment being too arcade.. GAS  is in the right direction , very good game very good content but about handling, damage and collision system Grid 1 was better..

I don't understand how you guys can say G1 had good handling but G2 doesn't. The handling in G1 was [b]*EXTREMELY*[/b] arcade to the max!! I mean the amount of GRIP most of the cars had was LAUGHABLY over the top! The touring cars for example could take most corners with ease and with only the slightest touch of the brakes. The Indy car could take 90 degree turns full throttle LOL!!

I love G1 but I mean C'mon guys. Let's not pretend it has even an ounce of sim physics in its handling. G1 and G2 are both arcade to limit. Can't speak about GAS since I haven't played it yet, but plan to when I get my other wheel.

I don't expect GAS to be wildly different from G1 and certainly don't expect it to resemble anything close to say iRacing, AC or rFactor. I love sims too but then I want to play them, I play the three games I just mentioned, instead of expecting Codies to make a real sim. Not gonna happen, gentlemen.

I love Codies because they make great arcade racers, and hold no shame in doing so. GRID 2 should be accepted as the brilliant arcade racer that it is. It's not a "let down" or a disappointment....in fact it's the complete opposite, and the other 1000 or so players online seem to agree with me.

Seems the vocal minority here in this forum don't enjoy drifting. Fine, play GAS, but don't bash those of us who enjoy driving cars that drift. Understand that drifting is a huge culture around the world and Grid 2 is the game that satisfies our needs.

isamu99 said:
I love G1 but I mean C'mon guys. Let's not pretend it has even an ounce of sim physics in its handling. G1 and G2 are both arcade to limit. Can't speak about GAS since I haven't played it yet, but plan to when I get my other wheel.

I don't expect GAS to be wildly different from G1 and certainly don't expect it to resemble anything close to say iRacing, AC or rFactor.
There are a couple of good interviews with the developers, in which they point out precisely what they changed compared to G1's handling. They also wrote a blog post on it. I haven't played G1, but based on what they've said, the handling certainly moved a bit more towards simulation in GAS. It isn't a full-on sim, but nor it's a full-on arcade anymore.

And it may be that G1 was very much towards the arcade end of the spectrum, but G2 was there in a different way and that's what's a bit annoying. Yes, unreal amount of grip is... well, unreal, but so is a model in which it's always the fastest way around a corner if you drift your car (every car). So it's different. Both arcade, but different.

Bottom line is, GAS went simcade and that's a good thing as far for realism and seriousness is concerned - but still less than what iRacing & Co. demand from the players.

I would like a game based on a Real Series.. like ALMS,  LMS, Indy, or Something with more than just a small  sample of everything in it. I realize the game needs to appealing to all types by making the 5 disciplines, but you can tell that Touring is the most popular. They could still focus on a Real Series and use the others to progress through Career mode and still have them available for online play. Just a thought. 

Codemasters hit the nail on the head with GAS. This game is perfect without all the problems from startup. Great mix of sim but still lax enough to include newcomers. Personally I hope they keep the same format, add a few cars and tracks. I liked the suggestion of different weather conditions. Sure would be better than the nightime tracks youve only raced occasionaly. That throws me off every time. All I ask as a gamer, and im sure there are many who would agree... PLEASE work out the bugs before release date. I have an xbox 1 now but still come back to the 360 just to play GAS.. CM please use the power of next gen and improve this already greatly entertaining game format.

Grid 2 MP is superior to GAS, but not because of the way cars handle.  It is because in GRID 2 MP there was no pay-to-win or money reduction BS. Autosport is all about getting that RL money with a pay-to-win format and hence died fairly quickly. GRID 2 is basically free-to-play online and you never lose money no matter how damaged your car becomes, so it is vastly more popular and still alive to this day.

Deoing said:
Grid 2 MP is superior to GAS, but not because of the way cars handle.  It is because in GRID 2 MP there was no pay-to-win or money reduction BS. Autosport is all about getting that RL money with a pay-to-win format and hence died fairly quickly. GRID 2 is basically free-to-play online and you never lose money no matter how damaged your car becomes, so it is vastly more popular and still alive to this day.
That seems to be quite a decent explanation.

I hope the Codies listen and evaluate.

I hope.In the future Grid Autosport 2 I want MORE Alfa Romeo cars,end the effect of the rain.

Going back to the ToCA 1 - 3 glory days and obtain official licences for actual racing categories would be the logical next step. GAS has gone halfway towards going back to the ToCA glory days. Release the game as GRID 4 in the other territories and as V8 Supercars 4 in Australia, with all teams and tracks included like the ToCA games and re-introduce pit stops and actual tyre wear. This is my ideal vision for GRID 4.

Looking forward to Project Cars as it's going to provide a true sim experience that is lacking on the consoles. 
Not from any of the preview versions we've seen so far, it isn't. (And it's also available on consoles anyway.)

isamu99 said:
Seems the vocal minority here in this forum don't enjoy drifting. Fine, play GAS, but don't bash those of us who enjoy driving cars that drift. Understand that drifting is a huge culture around the world and Grid 2 is the game that satisfies our needs.
We understand that. But drifting isn't racing, and Grid 2 was supposed to be a racing game.

It's all a matter of expectations. Grid 2 was more like how Dirt Showdown moved away from the traditional rally game into arcade. If Grid 2 had been called Grid Showdown and Grid Autosport called Grid 2 then I don't think anyone would be complaining!

Now, whether the next game should be Grid 3 or Grid Autosport 2, that's a different matter. I propose ToCA Race Driver 4 lol...

It's all a matter of expectations. Grid 2 was more like how Dirt Showdown moved away from the traditional rally game into arcade. If Grid 2 had been called Grid Showdown and Grid Autosport called Grid 2 then I don't think anyone would be complaining!
Totally agree. The biggest mistake of CMs was to promote GRID2 as a simulator. So, wrong expectations led to total critics of the good game.

I really want both directions to continue. Let it be drifty GRID3 and semisim Autosport 2 on new consoles! Codemasters still are the best! 

:D

what i want more is the codemasters to create a new  open world racing concept like forza horizon ...
in pc we have not such a good open world racing game.. the crew is too arcade , test drive unlimited series was better .. drive club is good enough for ps4..

simcade hanlding , good graphics , european field , great car's list , cockpit view , is what makes the forza horizon 2 the best open world racingbut its only for xbox1.. :(

isamu99 said:
We understand that. But drifting isn't racing, and Grid 2 was supposed to be a racing game.

I respectfully disagree.  Drifting is a different type of racing.  One that I have yet to master.  I remember running in FM4 rooms (at LeMans) for the 20 mins. or so.  And the guys were always very helpful with tips etc.  It's just that my group of buddies usually treat this discipline like a strain of Ebola.  And the public rooms haven't helped mostly being empty (when I get on).  Maybe I can get RacerPaul65 to run some time.  He's usually a glutton for my type of punishments.

oldmodelt said:

isamu99 said:

I respectfully disagree.
And you're welcome to do so, but I stand by my definition. In the absence of foul play, there is no judging required to decide who won a race.

oldmodelt said:
Drifting is a different type of racing.
We are talking about arcade, man. GRID2 was arcade, racing action, if you want. And it has the right to exist, because it is really fun arcade, way better than all NFSs since HP2010. And of course, better than DiRT Showdown. 

I felt cheated too, when GRID2 was released. OK, we've got bad sequel. It's sad. But we've got cool arcade! Let's rock! The game is not guilty, it's marketologists fail. Blame them!
------------------
What I want from next GRID games:

from Autosport 2:

- detailed cockpit.
- better replay cam (I don't know why, but they put cockpit or bumper cam  at all dangerous corners. So each unbelievable car flip we observe from the worst point)
- all unlockables should be in career mode (career is to borring without them. Only achievements saved the situation)
- text chat

from GRID 3:

- better replay cam
- touge mode (with Race Driver rules)
- more cars and tracks for derby mode
- more sprint tracks
- text chat

It would be a good idea to separate touring cars from grid. It would have its own massive selling point and could put way more detail and effort into it. Same for grid. All the other disciplines into their own game. 

what i want more is the codemasters to create a new  open world racing concept like forza horizon ...
in pc we have not such a good open world racing game.. the crew is too arcade , test drive unlimited series was better .. drive club is good enough for ps4..

simcade hanlding , good graphics , european field , great car's list , cockpit view , is what makes the forza horizon 2 the best open world racingbut its only for xbox1.. :(
Sorry but I disagree.... let turn 10 and nfs do the open world nonsense.  I appreciate you're lacking an open world title on PC but I think there's a general lack of good traditional arcade sims all round and when/if CM get it right they fill the gap very nicely.  For online multiplayer all we need is plenty of good tracks and a get in and drive concept without all the ranking up and tuning :)