Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport 2?

It would be a good idea to separate touring cars from grid. It would have its own massive selling point and could put way more detail and effort into it. Same for grid. All the other disciplines into their own game. 
Doesn't make business sense for a small company. Even if each game only cost half as much to develop as one Grid game because they were all based on the same engine, they'd be spending a lot more to likely sell less. (Yes, some people only want a touring car game, but a lot of us don't, and few people in either camp would buy both games.)

what i want more is the codemasters to create a new  open world racing concept like forza horizon ...
in pc we have not such a good open world racing game.. the crew is too arcade , test drive unlimited series was better .. drive club is good enough for ps4..

simcade hanlding , good graphics , european field , great car's list , cockpit view , is what makes the forza horizon 2 the best open world racingbut its only for xbox1.. :(

Just checked what is it http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/forza-horizon-2-review/1900-6415888/
Well, i woudn't play that, if codies will do from theirs G2/GA products something like Forza Horizon. 

Wondering in cities driving expensive cars is not what Codies was doing for years. They are not about online GTA,  but without character control.

And TDU was not about racing, and had nothing common with handling/autosport terms at all. Absolutely another kind of game. If you are dreaming about such games, why not to play latest online NFS.
Or fresh title"The Crew" made especially for those who like TDU game-style.

No reason to combine codies racing games with it. Hope it will never happened.

P.S. "Open world" feature have nothing common with autosport, too.

hi aerodance xoxflukexox..i have latest NFS Rivals , it has amazing graphics but after a level is like twisted metal or carmagedon series game , full of tech weapons etc its like war nothing to do with racing..:( come on guys forza horizon series has nothing to do with NFS series .. and as codies last years are to the arcade direction ( dirt 3 , dirt showdown , grid 2 , formul;a stars , toy box turbos ) why not to create a new open world franchise at least (i dont mean the grid series to be cancelled for that)
But if this never happen no problem for me as in 2 weeks i will have the bloody GTA V which include everything so think the 80-90% of my gaming hours will be spending to this game ... an other franchise i would like for pc is  a Gran turismo - Forza motorsport style but none company seems that is gonna do this..:( do not say me about project cars , it has not so much cars , so many cars custimizations etc.. but i will probably buy this too.. i hope codies to take a more semisim - sim direction after latest lay offs.. i am sorry about them though..:(

But think back say the toca games. They were huge. 
Indeed they were. Though even then, CM weren't risking cannibalising their own sales by developing a bunch of games based on a bunch of different disciplines. They had a touring car game and a rally game, and that was about it--and by the time TOCA 2 rolled around, a touring car game was presumably deemed not commercial enough any more, as it was already featuring a bunch of other disciplines too.

hi aerodance xoxflukexox..i have latest NFS Rivals , it has amazing graphics but after a level is like twisted metal or carmagedon series game , full of tech weapons etc its like war nothing to do with racing..:( come on guys forza horizon series has nothing to do with NFS series .. and as codies last years are to the arcade direction ( dirt 3 , dirt showdown , grid 2 , formul;a stars , toy box turbos ) why not to create a new open world franchise at least (i dont mean the grid series to be cancelled for that)

I have nothing against new standalone arcade race title from codies in TDU/Forza style, but only if there would be finished and polished primary online race title as dirt4/grid autosport 2. And it would be with long lifetime support for several years with regular patches coming out, like developers of Asseto Corsa are doing and they are not planning to stop that work in near future, just continue polishing and making AC game better and better.

But as we all understand it's an absolutely fantastic dreams to expect such miracle from codies.

Let's hope that we will just get next regular simcade racing title from codies (a-la Dirt4/GA2) and that it would be polished and finished instead of GA and previous development errors (and some product strategy errors) will be learned and fixed. Because i'm afraid for now future of codies racing studio is unclear at all, based on latest news about partial layoffs/company restructure. So we should cross our fingers just to get our regular long-awaited next racing title =)

i heard that Dirt 4 was about to come on steam on february as early access game but this was cancelled after CM layoffs.... :(

But think back say the toca games. They were huge. 
Indeed they were. Though even then, CM weren't risking cannibalising their own sales by developing a bunch of games based on a bunch of different disciplines. They had a touring car game and a rally game, and that was about it--and by the time TOCA 2 rolled around, a touring car game was presumably deemed not commercial enough any more, as it was already featuring a bunch of other disciplines too.
TOCA does seem to be one of the more popular discplines - you can see that on the TT leaderboards.

But for me there is not enough there to make a full game. You could have a full add on pack for something like GAS, or maybe you could do a budget release for PS4/XBox1 (maybe this is not allowed by MS/Sony).

I think the only reason the F1 games hold up commerically is that there is such a huge fanbase. TOCA must be 1/10 maybe even 1/100 of the worldwide fanbase of F1, so the issues are obvious.

i heard that Dirt 4 was about to come on steam on february as early access game but this was cancelled after CM layoffs.... :(

Yep, that's why i'm so skeptic.