Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport 2?

Maybe one day, it'd be a shame for 'new gen' to not get a slice of GRID...one day maybe.

I wonder though, would it be GRID Autosport 2, or GRID 3? :smiley: 
Hopefully Grid Autosport 2 with pit stops fuel consumption and tyre wear included.  No need to change anything else, apart from adding a few tracks like Monza and Laguna SECA and a few Australian tracks.   Handling of the Formula E cars is great.  (hint hint) 

Hopefully not. CM should move onto something bigger and better.  The online play lists are quite shot and get boring to quickly. From personal preference to I get kicked out of lobbies for being a 'cheater'.... I play the game well. Some people just can't accept that other people are faster than them.  Just getting a little to boring for me :( a game based on BTCC with massive lobbies would be good for next gen :)

Hopefully not. CM should move onto something bigger and better.  The online play lists are quite shot and get boring to quickly. From personal preference to I get kicked out of lobbies for being a 'cheater'.... I play the game well. Some people just can't accept that other people are faster than them.  Just getting a little to boring for me :( a game based on BTCC with massive lobbies would be good for next gen :)
It's not all about the online play for me. 

Will there be a Grid Autosport 2 coming out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One? 

Who knows. But the mysterious post from the GRID account on Facebook today has set a few tongues wagging...
LINKS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, (pleeeeeeaaaaassseeeeee)

I am up to Level 164 now, meaning that I am now some kind of a experienced driver.

During this time, only once or twice, I saw someone being kicked for "being a good driver". Usually it applies to the 1st corner wannabees - those are the kicked ones!

And then, there are the ones who are too good, so they push they're way to the front, no matther what - [BTC] Nut5 ' this one is for you

A grid game on next gen would be great but I think codies might be in the same mind as me when it comes to pushing the game too close to full on simulation racers.  I agree pit stops, fuel and full tire wear are the next step but as for the way the cars drive GAS has it's own unique appeal which separates it from most other race games and I would hope codies would be true to this with any future Grid titles. The balance between arcade and sim on grid gives racers who are out to master the game a challenge but also Gives less experienced racers a good pick and play ability and I think if the game was too far to one side either arcade or sim that the game would lose its fun factor which is the key part to any grid game ,  enjoying racing and making friends with a wide range of people while your playing.

A grid game on next gen would be great but I think codies might be in the same mind as me when it comes to pushing the game too close to full on simulation racers.  I agree pit stops, fuel and full tire wear are the next step but as for the way the cars drive GAS has it's own unique appeal which separates it from most other race games and I would hope codies would be true to this with any future Grid titles. The balance between arcade and sim on grid gives racers who are out to master the game a challenge but also Gives less experienced racers a good pick and play ability and I think if the game was too far to one side either arcade or sim that the game would lose its fun factor which is the key part to any grid game ,  enjoying racing and making friends with a wide range of people while your playing.
I agree about the handling.

The only thing I'd refine in their handling model is that strange, kind of 'floaty' movement that whenever you turn a bit, it feels that it's not simply the front wheels changing direction, but the rears going in the opposite direction as well. It's very strange, it's almost as if - in terms of the physical model - the car would only have a single contact patch with the road, and that contact patch would be situated right in the middle of the car (viewed from above).

Despite this, the actual turning abilities, when it's not just a simple bit, a minimal correction, but an actual turns, are next to none - it feels real without being too hard and too sim-like, but you can tell it's not your usual arcade either. So that's very very good.

Yeah those 3 things and the addition of changing weather conditions I think are the next step for the next game.

Personally I don't see how these 3 things can be applied in grid games. There aren't enough custom lobbies open at any time (on xbox 360) for codemasters to put the extra effort in to assign pit stops etc. Nobody really runs long races. The most you will get out of 99% of the community is 5 lap races and that is only for the shorter tracks. I don't see how it will become appealing to attract a crowd worth spending the money for. In my opinion you only really bump into the same people every day on grid autosport. It were the same on race driver grid and grid 2. I don't know how the popularity fares on the other available platforms but I just can't see it working in 360 :/

I'd rather see GRID 4 come to all platforms, with the same physics and handling as Grid 2, nice and drifty. Then give it online cross platform support between PS4 and PC(ie Street Fighter V)

Personally I don't see how these 3 things can be applied in grid games. There aren't enough custom lobbies open at any time (on xbox 360) for codemasters to put the extra effort in to assign pit stops etc. Nobody really runs long races. The most you will get out of 99% of the community is 5 lap races and that is only for the shorter tracks. I don't see how it will become appealing to attract a crowd worth spending the money for. In my opinion you only really bump into the same people every day on grid autosport. It were the same on race driver grid and grid 2. I don't know how the popularity fares on the other available platforms but I just can't see it working in 360 :/

I think they're talking about when Grid oer whatever CM call their next Touring car racing game goes next gen as in onto the Xbox 1 and PS4 as those consoles have more resources than their predecessors. These things will be good to include these things in the single player campaign as well.

isamu99 said:
I'd rather see GRID 4 come to all platforms, with the same physics and handling as Grid 2, nice and drifty. Then give it online cross platform support between PS4 and PC(ie Street Fighter V)
Please tell me you are trolling, GRID 2 handling was awful... Heck the whole game was awful. Go back to your Need for Speed or whatever drifty crap you like.

Andi said:
isamu99 said:
Please tell me you are trolling, GRID 2 handling was awful... Heck the whole game was awful. Go back to your Need for Speed or whatever drifty crap you like.
ahhaa lol i agree!! :D :D :p

Andi said:
isamu99 said:
Umm, why don't you take some time to do some research in the thread below, before running your mouth. Then you'll see why there are actually MORE Grid 2 players playing online than GAS.

Let's start with this post.....

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/57603/#Comment_57603