Sign in to follow this  

Abu Dhabi Track Tips

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2017/abu-dhabi-grand-prix/track-tips-and-circuit-stats/

Tips if you're a gamer 

While it’s satisfying to take Turns One and Two flat-out, that isn’t where the time is made up at Yas Marina Circuit. The slow corners at the end of the lap are crucial to get right, so ensure your car has good front-end grip and good traction. There aren’t many overtaking opportunities – Fernando Alonso will tell you it’s single-file through Sectors One and Three. Such a procession can be useful during the race, if fuel consumption becomes critical. It’s easy to conduct some lift-and-coast without being overtaken.

if someone turns 1st corner without braking that will be a huge difference, I tried but can not do...

Last sector is crucial but long straights and how you manage the S turns is important too

Looked for some shortcuts like silverstone or Suzuka but cant find any...

Again All aero is better then any other I think... 

abu-dhabi-track-map.thumb.jpg.11eecfb2d845524adbe2bbbc63986635.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 tip

dont go wide on 19, unless you want to be nico hulkenberg and hang upside down on the barrier like a cow

no seriously if you even go on the curb out of 19 near the inside of 20, the barrier actually sucks you in and youre screwed

Technical and challenging track, hard to find a good balance in setup.

Aero over power is good, more handling helps in Sector 3, my garage is weak in that category, wish I had more front wing..

Very curious the top cars are  5+ seconds faster qualifying but only 1 sec faster in the race totals?

24386178-1E71-40C1-B0B8-0C7A09DE416A.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

Just finished the races and for now I'm in the gold tier.  Lets hope it lasts

But, as usual, it throws up a number of questions.

1. In the 2nd and 3rd races, why does the clock start in a strange place instead of the start/finish line?  (it was the same in the previous 2 events)
  2. Who decided, and what was the thinking behind, that there should be 1 grid start and 2 'qualifying' races?
  3. I haven't changed my R&D setup at all and I remember my S2 time from qualifying.  S2 has 2 DRS sections and the race doesn't, so how come I'm within less than a second of the time with DRS?

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I finished Abu Dhabi event just now... 

I am pretty sure at 2nd and 3rd race I finished like 04.37.00 but the game says 04.45.00

I cant get a screenshot because my iphone gets warmer and the game turns itself off... 

in 1 hour I ll post the screenshot... 

Anyone else recognize this?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Meterkenci said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I finished Abu Dhabi event just now... 

I am pretty sure at 2nd and 3rd race I finished like 04.37.00 but the game says 04.45.00

I cant get a screenshot because my iphone gets warmer and the game turns itself off... 

in 1 hour I ll post the screenshot... 

Anyone else recognize this?

I've made a post with images and video with that exactaly problem in Technical assistence

24 minutes ago, IIIDanteIII said:

I've made a post with images and video with that exactaly problem in Technical assistence

The clock starts fine for me... just watch the videos