I'm DONE!! ...already. Rally 2.0

At first, I asked how to change the voice options of the Co-Driver until I dug a lot deeper into settings.

I am very displeased with the lack of options for the voice of our Co-Driver, only option being language. This is still blowing my that CodeMasters wouldn't incorporate this kind of option. And I am still wondering what the heck I'm missing, because this isn't possible. **And now just because a Norwegian driver understands him, THIS American is supposed to??** Please think before you post.

PLEASE...Please change my mind and show me what I am obviously blind to. If not I have to get a refund for my $79.99 purchase. Please do NOT take this as gloating nor boasting. But, I am an above average Dirt racer, and even though I'm still winning, I am no longer dominating.

Thank you in advance for NOT taking any of this out of context AND for your non-toxic thoughts on my issue. Apologies, but all too often you see it so I must request it. *And it happened anyway*

-SemperFi

Edited by DirtTrash
  • Confused 3
  • Disagree 4

... I don't get it, what is the option you're hoping to see? More different voice actors, or more spoken languages?

Change the voice. Sorry for not being clearer. I stated above the only option being language. The only voice you get is a guys voice. And excuse me for not being British or not being able to clearly understand his accent. I am talking about being able to have an American Male or Female voice. I mean hell, In Dirt 4, at least I had a Female voice that was WAY clearer in her words.

I get that they probably payed some crazy amount of money to get some important voice, but I'm not a voice enthusiast. I prefer clarity over popularity. And being very competitive, voice clarity from my Co-Driver is the most important factor.

And for anyone thinking its my setup, specs listed below...

Tower: Thermaltake X99 w/mods
CPU: Intel i7 6850k Series-6 Extreme Edition
MOBO: Asus Rampage V Edition 10
RAM: 32gb G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZKO
Graphics: Asus STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING (Asus tuned 2088MHz)
NVMe: Samsung SM951 512gb
SSD1: Sandisk Ultra II 960gb
SSD2: Sandisk Ultra 3D 1tb
PS: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600W T2 Titanium
Primary Monitor: Asus PG258Q 240hz
Secondary Monitor: Asus PG279Q 165hz IPS
Elgato 4k60 Pro Capture Card
Swiftech H320 X2 Liquid Cooling

Gear:
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Headset
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel w/PlaySeat

He was the co-driver for a Norwegian who could understand him. So what's your excuse? You're american and you can't understand a few numbers and words? Boy...

Edited by euphoreon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Hmm, have you tried installing the latest drivers for your G.Skill RAM?

Please tell me you're kidding. I am trying to be serious.

• Disagree 1

I can sorta sympathise with you as the accent is a little hard in places ... I much prefer by miles the co-driver for original Dirt Rally,  I think it was Paul Coleman but not sure on that.  However on the other side of the coin, the American voices that have been in other Dirt games are so grating and annoying that I want to shove a screwdriver in my ear, so this accent is not too bad after all really.  

• Agree 2

Guys, I think this is a trolling thread, maybe let this one slide. OP, if that is your opinion, then a bit less hyperbole may make people take it more seriously.

For the record, I'd love to see other co-drivers being added in future, I really liked the choice in D4 even if the notes were a little stale. And I'd love to try with a Finnish co-driver.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 2

If you have trouble understanding the co-driver try outputting him to a separate channel perhaps (center) like in DR 1.0.  Put him on your headset and put the engine/game sounds on speakers.  That makes it more realistic and much easier to hear pace notes.

Edit: I do have to agree that your original post is a bit unclear that you are after different voices.  Now THAT could be a DLC once a female voice is in there free.  Just saying, not requesting.

Edited by bn880

3 hours ago, bn880 said:

If you have trouble understanding the co-driver try outputting him to a separate channel perhaps (center) like in DR 1.0.  Put him on your headset and put the engine/game sounds on speakers.  That makes it more realistic and much easier to hear pace notes.

Edit: I do have to agree that your original post is a bit unclear that you are after different voices.  Now THAT could be a DLC once a female voice is in there free.  Just saying, not requesting.

Great idea. I honestly didn't remember you could do that in DR1. I'll try to mess with those settings. And thank you for NOT being sided by my post, like it appears most are.

10 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Guys, I think this is a trolling thread, maybe let this one slide. OP, if that is your opinion, then a bit less hyperbole may make people take it more seriously.

For the record, I'd love to see other co-drivers being added in future, I really liked the choice in D4 even if the notes were a little stale. And I'd love to try with a Finnish co-driver.

Troll thread?? Please don't make me regret coming to this community for a resolution to a problem. This is no joke. I have already expressed my discontent to the "staff" regarding unnecessary toxic comments here. This is NOT trolling AND is a genuine question. And again, just because something works for the majority doesn't mean its supposed to work great for every one else.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Was always my favorite co-driver to listen to in WRC coverage. And the Ouninpohja on board with Solberg in 2003 is a master class of Phil Mills. 

• Agree 1

This is directed at those that chose to only see the possibilities of THEIR liking. And thank you to those that were not toxic in their response.

Well, this thread has obviously gone to south. All but one of you have made my decision to get a refund VERY easy. Not that any of you care, as you have clearly shown YOUR "arse's". And it makes me feel as though nothing but toxic non-logically thinking teenagers have responded, with the exception of few. If you had the right mind, you would have had the possibility in your head that maybe this guy is serious. So excuse me for not being the massive majority that can clearly understand my Co-Driver.

To be honest...I am disgusted at the amount of lashing out that went on, JUST because someone had issues understanding a Co-Driver. If I cannot come to a forum and post something without being ridiculed, than it's obviously not the place for me and I need to leave. And yes, it will be blatantly obvious that you all will be ecstatic.

I really have no idea why I took the time to type all of this, as its clear it will only be ridiculed like everything else was. Maybe next time someone posts something, you will look at it from others points of view. Instead of quickly lashing out.

And @RodgerDavies ...You see the exaggeration in my post, because you too cannot see outside of your own possibilities. Not everyone see's things and describes things the same. You sound like you're an intelligent person, by your selection of words. Don't make people think otherwise by your clear context.

**STAFF/MODS** Do as you wish with this thread as it will be my last post here in your forums.

Edited by DirtTrash
  • Confused 3

Well Phil Mills is much easier to understand than this thread, that's a certainty. Of course if you can't understand him that fine, we get it. He does have a slight accent. But what people here do not grasp, from what we assume you are saying, is how he is SO incomprehensible? 

Either you are hard of hearing or were born without ears. Not only is the game subtitled through icons and text at the top of the screen, but in your head what is it you are hearing? Does "5 right 100, don't cut" sound like "Fly a kite, 1000, elephant cauliflower" to your mind? At best guess most people could work it out and most people do.

But there is always one. As CM can attest, there is no pleasing some people.

• Agree 1

This is a rally title, asking for more options to change the voice or the accent of the co-driver is inappropriate at best. Considering that you call yourself 'DirtTrash' I think it's no wonder that people think you're a troll. 

I'm not from the UK either but I find Phil Mills perfectly understandable. Try to get used to it. You have the voice of the co-driver of a former WRC champion in the game. I think this is fantastic stuff. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 3

Well this is really unfortunate.  What you guys may have failed to notice is DirtTrash is signing with -SemperFi which if legit could be a very good reason to have hearing damage if he was ever deployed with the USMC or prior with the Army.   In any case it's not an insult to Phil if one person out of 1000 or whatever the odds are can't understand his pace notes with default settings.  I have some light tinnitus myself from an unfortunate blast and know at least how it can feel.  Basically it is FIRST harder to understand speech over other noise, rally car environment will qualify as such noise. 

Just saying, no need to freak out on the guy because he has a serious problem with a feature, who knows the guy may even be hearing impaired or with a disability.  You know not everyone wants to open up with their life story and list of disabilities to provide feedback or have a request.   If you just don't see the need for some feature you don't really need to reply/support it, there is no need to bash someone to the ground, they're not even insulting you.  🚓

my 20c 🙂                 @DirtTrash, I hope you don't let the comments from other gamers stop you from enjoying the game some day.

• Disagree 1

no need to freak out on thguy because he has a serious problem with a feature, who knows the guy may even be hearing impaired or with a disability

Nobody is “freaking out” here except OP.

He may have a hearing problem, that’s fine,  but his original post was long-winded, confusing and rather hostile. He could have got his point across in one or two sentences – something like:

“I find the co-driver difficult to understand and would like some more options beyond just changing the language. I have a hearing impairment which makes me particularly sensitive to the problem.”

That’s all it’d take, and it actually makes his point clear instead of burying it under far too many words.

• Agree 3

Well I'm not saying the post was clear and really well written, but the comments were also aimed at him not actually understanding/liking the voice.  Like that can't be allowed or can't be true.  I'm sure it is possible. 🙂

Are you saying you can't understand a Welsh accent OP?

Might I suggest you watch the movie "Twin towns" to help you out perhaps?

Or maybe listen to some Stereophonics or Manic street preachers?! 

Why can I not output his voice to the ds4? That was one of the best features of dirt rally they didn't have it in the disaster that was dirt 4, I was hoping it would make a return for dirt 2.0... I have trouble hearing him too, through the controller it's very clear. 

So you're saying you are one of the good players in dirt rally (1)? I am not that bad either, but that started at the point were I knew the tracks very good and could put down the voice of my co driver.

In general I like it when other drivers get fast with a complete other attitude as I have.

I think I get your point. Is there maybe a way to get the audio file and run it thrue a sort of translater to get a more 'american' voice?

If you have hearing difficulty, then sound is a problem in general. Not Phil Mills. 

We have to accept that there are always some people that will complain the sky is the wrong shade of blue. That's just how it is, annoying, but how it is.

Edited by mumblesh
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

Was always my favorite co-driver to listen to in WRC coverage. And the Ouninpohja on board with Solberg in 2003 is a master class of Phil Mills. 

"It gets faster now!" 

Propably my favorite ever line from a co-driver. That's from Solbergs record run in Ouninpohja 2004 at the Mutanen junction towards Kakaristo. 6:17 at the YouTube-video. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mumblesh said:

If you have hearing difficulty, then sound is a problem in general. Not Phil Mills.

This is actually absolutely not true.  People with different hearing difficulties just have MORE issues hearing certain tones and voices and anything that makes it more challenging like a specific accent or lack of volume makes it worse.  Why do people on the internet always assume they know everything?  Look at rallying, how good are all of you at it compared to Ogier or Loeb and how much did you need to learn and practice to get to a reasonable level, equally do you think you are at least as good as an ENT or some medical researcher?  Don't over simplify things you don't fully understand.  The worst thing on gaming forums are fanboys who step in and silence negative feedback or requests they just don't care about.  Don't be one of those sad people.  It's  not like it's 200 people requesting Codemasters waste their time on making 100 new liveries.  Let it be...

Edited by bn880

1 hour ago, bn880 said:

This is actually absolutely not true.  People with different hearing difficulties just have MORE issues hearing certain tones and voices and anything that makes it more challenging like a specific accent or lack of volume makes it worse.  Why do people on the internet always assume they know everything?  Look at rallying, how good are all of you at it compared to Ogier or Loeb and how much did you need to learn and practice to get to a reasonable level, equally do you think you are at least as good as an ENT or some medical researcher?  Don't over simplify things you don't fully understand.  The worst thing on gaming forums are fanboys who step in and silence negative feedback or requests they just don't care about.  Don't be one of those sad people.  It's  not like it's 200 people requesting Codemasters waste their time on making 100 new liveries.  Let it be...

I think you're overreacting a little bit. That this guy has a hearing difficulty is just an assumption, so maybe you're just projecting your issue onto him. He could've stated it in the OP if that was the case.

Having tuning options for the co-drivers' voice in a rally title is not very common, so asking for refund because there's no such option is strange imo. I didn't mean to be disrespectful at all.