Sign in to follow this  

DR 2.0 Weekly thread

Remembered we used to have a weekly thread for DR, but can't seem to find it. So let's get one going again!  

Brag, whine, tell of your exploits, show videos or gifs. All pertaining to this week's online challenge is welcome!

I set off on the Mk2 weekly pretty much as soon as racenet started working. That car is gloriously fun, and I have a snowballs chance in hell of controlling it. Every stage was fun, fun, fun, lose the rear and do a 170kph roll into the countryside.

Powered through the first championship with my Subie just to earn cash to buy an R5, and I got just enough to get a used Polo tonight. Went ahead and did a "learning on the job" run with it for the R5 weekly, felt kind of slow but had sections that were allright. Lost a shitton of time on the penultimate night stage, where I just lost the rear very slightly and nudged the bank on the inside with the front after 20% of the stage. Of course, every lightbulb on the front of my car gave up at the same time, so had to drive the rest of the stage in the dark... Not an easy task. Oh well, there's always next week...

Lets see if this thread goes somewhere.

R5 New Zealand: Currently third place behind the flying fins.

Took the Skoda, using a motor 3 upgrade only.

Great rally, love the inland stage when the flow is there. Had a few severe incidents, one spin and 2-3 times forced to use reverse gear. Also, I fell of a bridge in a hairpin with a reset. That was weird =)

How about you guys? Which R5 car did you choose?

Took the Fiesta, with no upgrades. Was doing OK until I forgot to change my tyres in the service and had to do the long stage with shredded tyres. 

There were several excursions off the stage and quite a lot of expletives. 

• Haha 2

Can anyone tell me what the Weekly challenge car class and venue is? Also, will we be having Monthly events in DR2.0?

I was P4 in a Skoda without upgrades until I crashed the marshall, and everything I saw after the finish because I was angry, I thought the damage after the end wouldnt appear in the next stage and yes, I did the last 3 stages without turbo, lights, bodywork ruined and lost like 2 or more minutes there 🤣

After spending an hour testing R5's to decide which one I wanted to buy, I cashed in my Codies apology monies for a Fabia. Was it the best car for me? No. Was it the sexiest? Absolutely. 

I'm no alien, that's for sure - but I have spent 90% of my DR2 time so far on NZ stages, so I think things went pretty well. Finished in the top 80's which I was happy with, and finished 2nd Kiwi (mostly due to the fact hardly any of the quick ones participated). 

I got a little lucky clipping some banks and avoiding a few punctures, but generally kept it clean and fast. Hopefully I can continue to keep pace on NZ stages as more people get familiar with them - but I enjoyed my early advantage!

Edited by pigloaf

That was a struggle. Lost by 20s to Joona, dont know the details as he ran after me. Had good battling with some console guy until he crashed out. Did some wrong tyre choices that lost me a lot of time and spun two times i think, that 20s gap would be much closer if I had made no mistakes :classic_biggrin:

edit: the results are kinda short tbh, only see overall time? Would be great to have results per stage and overall aswell.

Edited by gheeD

After very nice dailies this weekend I also managed to come in first in a weekly event. R5 with a fully upgraded Skoda in Argentina. It was a very close call, only 2 secs ahead after almost half an hour of dark and rainy hairpins =) Had very clean stages, except one bigger mistake. However, I suspect that the VW Polo is a supreme choice in terms of R5 cars.

PS: After 50hours in, I would probably call the Lancia S4 as my favourite car. Simply Great.

Started a RX career in the rx2 so far having a blast learning the car.

Currently in the pro division and the ai is surprisingly good tho has some issues.  They tend to turn sideways after every corner on dirt wiggling and fighting for traction and some questionable breaking points.

Asides from that, the amount of rain races is a bit excessive.

None the less I am having a blast and all my rally/RX can be found d in one title.

Tip for the R2 Weekly at New Zealand: Upgrade your engine before starting. That'll gain you around 10 seconds per stage on average if you have a clean run.