DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Multiplayer is really just Singleplayer???

I have been hosting rooms with 5 or 6 players and most of the races I am put in a race with only ai drivers.  There is no way to turn off ai drivers and just have a lobby for players. 

I literally just hosted a 3 single race lobby with 6 players and never once got to race against a human player.

Codies please give us the option to NOT have any ai drivers in our multiplayer races.

Multiplayer = Multi (more than one) Player (human participant)

Singleplayer = Single (one) Plater (human participant)

Glad we cleared that up.

Edited by babaluk
clarification
  • Agree 8

What an absolute wasted opportunity with 'Multiplayer' in DiRT Rally 2. It doesn't seem to make any sense as in Single player, when rallying against AI's you see their cars when they have crashed, or if you catch another. So there doesn't seem to be much of a point to the multiplayer section of the game. Yes rallying IS against the clock, and that is what you get with these lobbies, however surely that is achievable without the need to connect with each other at all..

RallyCross multiplayer... Again as others have said, I haven't yet been able to race against another human player. We've been in the same lobby, but racing in separate heats. Exactly what is the point of this?

• Agree 2

This is the real game breaker haven't played rx since day 1. I hope they add the option to disable a.i in online rx/rally    

On 2/23/2019 at 1:39 AM, babaluk said:

I have been hosting rooms with 5 or 6 players and most of the races I am put in a race with only ai drivers.  There is no way to turn off ai drivers and just have a lobby for players. 

I literally just hosted a 3 single race lobby with 6 players and never once got to race against a human player.

Codies please give us the option to NOT have any ai drivers in our multiplayer races.

Multiplayer = Multi (more than one) Player (human participant)

Singleplayer = Single (one) Plater (human participant)

Glad we cleared that up.

That doesnt sound right. You sure you have it set up right? 

I play often with one buddy of mine in RX MP. we often meet in the finals at the end. Sometimes before but thats not often. 
I kinda like how we meet in the end, and all hell brakes lose in the finals. lol 

Edit: Xboxone

Edited by GamerBlades

yeah, it's ridiculous. a rally mode where everyone starts at once and is ghosted would be cool, and take less time per event. worked well in Dirt 3.

rallycross, yeah... no words.

it seems like there are many aspects of the game they got a little wrong for no clear reason. unforced errors, you know?

On 3/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, RallyLover19 said:

Yeah, rallying against ghosted multiplayers  would be awesome like in Milestone's WRC 4... great memories 🙂

Gran Turismo 6 had a great feature where you could see the racing lines of every player instead of ghosts.

A blue line would be drawn along the track showing where the car is going, in real time.

That was great when you were in a Qualifying session with a dozen players as you could still concentrate on your run while also seeing where everybody else was.

• Agree 1

i would like to have a multiplayer mode like it is in WRC8 where you can see the other driver's ghosts. That's feels much more competitive. Please do the same, Codemasters. Thanks!

Edited by Makromatic
  • Agree 1

Seems like they could have a real time rally lobby that is class and course specific. When you click the lobby, it puts you in a wait list for your start time. Then you run like a real rally.  

You would have to ghost cars if coming up on one etc, but it could be cool. 

19 hours ago, Makromatic said:

i would like to have a multiplayer mode like it is in WRC8 where you can see the other driver's ghosts. That's feels much more competitive. I hope Codemaster won't stop working on Dirt Rally 2.0... I hope you read that, Codies!

Aside from season owner DLC hiccups, they do seem to be actively working with the community.  Pretty cool considering the F1 2019 group couldn't care less. 

On 3/27/2019 at 7:01 AM, SquadBruce said:

I still think a game like this should have 30 second staggered starts in multiplayer 

On 3/27/2019 at 6:25 AM, RallyLover19 said:

Yeah, rallying against ghosted multiplayers  would be awesome like in Milestone's WRC 4... great memories 🙂

Dirt 3 had both of these to choose from: you could do staggered starts with other players' cars being ghosts (or not hehe), or you could do a simultaneous start with everyone ghosted. 

probably my fav multiplayer game, and I didn't even like the battle modes. cat and mouse was incredible.