Sign in to follow this  

Poor feeling of driving? Can't take those corners? well...

Mod has been updated 24.12.2014 23:12

It's pretty obvisusly that there is something wrong with the steering when playing with controller and even those car setups might be little bit weird. Will they have effect if you set them in left or in right?
Now you can actually fly throught corners. Not literally but almost like you are actually F1 driver.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/realistic-steering-mod-f1-2014-removes-steering-assist.4485/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRj5Ulj9Tvs

Looks like a pretty good mod! I'll definitely give it a try :) Always thought CM's handling was a bit too heavy and understeery through the slower corners, but that onboard lap of Monaco looks a lot closer to how responsive the real cars are there.

Looks like a pretty good mod! I'll definitely give it a try :) Always thought CM's handling was a bit too heavy and understeery through the slower corners, but that onboard lap of Monaco looks a lot closer to how responsive the real cars are there.
Thanks! and if you liked it please let me know what you liked or disliked so I can improve it to the next version :)

Finally, this game can be enjoyed with a pad. I've tried It yesterday for a couple of hours and It definitely fixes pad gameplay. It is now hard to keep open trajectories when through rapid corners, but the mod pays off when It comes to the more technical tracks.

The  unlock of steerring lock based on speed also made the difference. This will be notcied the most when racing on Monaco.

Thanks for this amazing piece of work.

Now please make a mod to remove those friggin' annoying raindrops on the helmet when on wet races, like It could be done in F12006 for the ps2 (there was an option to turn them off)

hola said:
Finally, this game can be enjoyed with a pad. I've tried It yesterday for a couple of hours and It definitely fixes pad gameplay. It is now hard to keep open trajectories when through rapid corners, but the mod pays off when It comes to the more technical tracks.

The  unlock of steerring lock based on speed also made the difference. This will be notcied the most when racing on Monaco.

Now please make a mod to remove those friggin' annoying raindrops on the helmet when on wet races, like It could be done in F12006 for the ps2 (there was an option to turn them off)
Unfortunately, that was something that made me dislike the mod. Through the lower speed corners it's great, Nouvelle chicane at Monaco can finally be driven properly rather than massively understeering through it. But the twitchiness of the car on a straight just really put me off :( Had to go back to the standard CM handling in the end. 

Keep up the good work though! It's clear you've put a lot of time and effort into it :)

Thanks for the feedback. :), May I ask what kind of car setups do you run? 1-1 2012 -> 2013 win setups? If yes, the problem might be that since the car setups has BIG role how car acts, cornering + acc. etc. And ofcourse the controller left stick is also quite important (if it's heavily used)
And you could also change controller advanced settings which is the last option what I can give you. Deadzone and linearity makes huge differences.

Cheers! Or you could try previous versions 1.0 or 1.1, it's not the same but might be "easier" to handdle in straigths.

Nah, none of those cheat setups for me :p Usually running 5-3 on balance, 1-1 ride height, and 5/8-4/6 on stiffness. I didn't think to try the advanced settings so I'll give that a go when I'm home, otherwise I'd be up for trying 1.0 and 1.1 :)

hola said:

Unfortunately, that was something that made me dislike the mod. Through the lower speed corners it's great, Nouvelle chicane at Monaco can finally be driven properly rather than massively understeering through it. But the twitchiness of the car on a straight just really put me off :( Had to go back to the standard CM handling in the end. 

Keep up the good work though! It's clear you've put a lot of time and effort into it :)
Well this mod is placed somewhere between the already in-game override option, and F12013 handling type, but with faster turn plus full steering lock, which is better for fast corners and hairpins alike. Don't forget to adjust linerarity to 100% with this mod too, although It is perfectly playable already adjusted to 0% (xbox360 controller here).

At least you can control the car with this mod. The override option makes the game with pad unplayable.

I wanted to thank you again for the hours you may have put into this, @_OP. It's absolutely changed my experience with F12014. Time to drop F12013. I'm gonna miss the classics and their sound though

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to here you like it. There is still coming atleast one major changes and few minor changes. Untill that see you!

Cheers have a good race

Updated to 1.22 more realistic damage, ffb adjusting, offroad kills your tyres and more

I am confused.  Is this a mod that allows pad players to further  improve their game and be able to race even better against wheel players?  What platform is this for?  Is this something that can be used without other players being aware?  Please bear with me I am still learning about the game.  

This mod doesn'twork in online, only for singleplaying. And if you have noticed how limited steering pad users have in vanilla game, this will unlock those chains.

Actually someone very skilled would be able to port it for Xbox 360 or PS3. But only on hacked consoles. 

Gui1 said:
Actually someone very skilled would be able to port it for Xbox 360 or PS3. But only on hacked consoles. 
= consoles doesn't support game modding

Or am I wrong?

Gui1 said:
So with a hacked console, someone would be able to use an enhanced performance and your counterparts will not be the wiser?  I am reading this as it is possible.

Im sorry, but I laught little bit. Well alot. But Yes it does work in 2013 and even 2012, but the team names need to be changed or added (HRT).
Just copy the files into F1 2013 -> cars, same way like in 2014 and you are ready to go. Even if you copy hole cars file from 2014 and overwrite it in 2013 cars file you good to go. (textures are messed but it works).

But YES this works in 2013. adding the magically "eight" gear...