Dirt Rally 2.0 - No FFB Effects has been made?

Dear friends, unfortunately every Codemaster racing game has problems with steering wheel. We had many issues also with the first version of Dirt that were fixed later. I don't know why CM work in that way, I believe that a racing game must have a perfect steering wheel functions. I have  learnt  the lesson, I don't buy CM games on release date, I get tired to spend money and not to play due to wheel issues. When I will read on the net that FBB will be ok I will buy the game. If a rally game does not have wheel FBB the 80% of fun is gone. Sorry for my english, I hope to gave you an idea of what I think about CM, I don't know how much a game cost in the world, but in Italy a brand new game cost 70 Euro, i think I must get a good product for an amount like that.

• Agree 1

Agreed. I simply jumped on Dirt Rally 2 too early.  Fruck that !!!! they should have finished the game before release! period!

• Agree 1

here's hoping that the gaming standards agency gets implemented in britain as this will stop studios from releasing half arsed unfinished games,and if they do they will be forced to issue total refunds to all and will be hit with corporate level fines and warned about any future releases,leading to a out right ban on sales until said problems are resolved.the gaming industry is worth to much money for the government to sit by and allow this to happen look how facecrack has been reeled in.take note codies we won't take your **** anymore.you have been warned the revolution is here people power

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 27 April 2019 at 9:00 PM, chrisjaf said:

here's hoping that the gaming standards agency gets implemented in britain as this will stop studios from releasing half arsed unfinished games,and if they do they will be forced to issue total refunds to all and will be hit with corporate level fines and warned about any future releases,leading to a out right ban on sales until said problems are resolved.the gaming industry is worth to much money for the government to sit by and allow this to happen look how facecrack has been reeled in.take note codies we won't take your **** anymore.you have been warned the revolution is here people power

No need for agencies and other Orwellian nanny state organisations. If you don't like the products a company is putting out, don't buy, or refund ASAP. 

Furthermore, there is now more information available about any given product in the form of reviews and YouTube videos than ever before, which allows you to make a very informed buying decision very easily. 

Edited by CalvinCar

1 hour ago, CalvinCar said:

No need for agencies and other Orwellian nanny state organisations. If you don't like the products a company is putting out, don't buy, or refund ASAP. 

Furthermore, there is now more information available about any given product in the form of reviews and YouTube videos than ever before, which allows you to make a very informed buying decision very easily. 

and how many of those reviews are paid for by the studio that makes the games ?,take dirt rally 2.0 for instance not one reviewer mentioned the lack of ffb or the total eclipse graphics where day became night instead of just a bit of shadow,not to mention all the other bugs in the game from day one and still present today some months after release.all the hype pre release are just lies so needs stamping out.it like buying a take away and someone turning up with a bag of ingredients and you cook it yourself,not what you was sold !!!!!!!!! happy i don't think so,all gaming studios need to take note as this will happen and create the biggest shake up in the gaming world.just imagine getting a fully finished game and working game out of the box instead of all this we know we screw you the paying public and we may some day get round to sort of kind a fixing the crud we pump out just for profit.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

and how many of those reviews are paid for by the studio that makes the games ?,take dirt rally 2.0 for instance not one reviewer mentioned the lack of ffb or the total eclipse graphics where day became night instead of just a bit of shadow,not to mention all the other bugs in the game from day one and still present today some months after release.all the hype pre release are just lies so needs stamping out.it like buying a take away and someone turning up with a bag of ingredients and you cook it yourself,not what you was sold !!!!!!!!! happy i don't think so,all gaming studios need to take note as this will happen and create the biggest shake up in the gaming world.just imagine getting a fully finished game and working game out of the box instead of all this we know we screw you the paying public and we may some day get round to sort of kind a fixing the crud we pump out just for profit.

I would guess that very few reviews on steam are paid for. 

Also there is no lack of ffb in DR2; it's actually more detailed than in DR1. The only thing that's missing is the canned gravel texture effect. But that's by design and I knew about it from reviews before I bought the game. 

• Disagree 1

So the latest patch 1.4.1 has done some significant improvements on my wheel setup. Suspension FFB has been measurably improved with road texture now being transfered into the wheel. There is still some work to do concerning wheel traction FFB, but on the whole this is a massive improvement comparing to Day 1.

Running with Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 and I use the following settings since the patch: SAT 45, WF 100, TF 30, SUS 25, COL 75, SL 100, SCF 100. On the wheel settings I most notably have FEI to 50, otherwise the new road texture FFB is ripping my arms of on the coarser tracks (Ausie, Arg.)

The new FFB has actually given me the desire to play the game again! Hopefully Codie will keep on pushing the refinement of FFB, since then we will have an awesome rally game.

So the latest patch 1.4.1 has done some significant improvements on my wheel setup. Suspension FFB has been measurably improved with road texture now being transfered into the wheel. There is still some work to do concerning wheel traction FFB, but on the whole this is a massive improvement comparing to Day 1.

Running with Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 and I use the following settings since the patch: SAT 45, WF 100, TF 30, SUS 25, COL 75, SL 100, SCF 100. On the wheel settings I most notably have FEI to 50, otherwise the new road texture FFB is ripping my arms of on the coarser tracks (Ausie, Arg.)

The new FFB has actually given me the desire to play the game again! Hopefully Codie will keep on pushing the refinement of FFB, since then we will have an awesome rally game.

UPDATE 19/5-19: Having driven some more stages the feelings are now more mixed about the update. The new road texture (rumble) actually becomes rather tiresome and clonky after a while. I have now toned down suspension FFB a lot, since it became distracting to the point of giving discomport in my hands after some driving.

The most annoying part is, that with my setup, I need to redial the ingame FFB settings depending on which surface type I am driving on. That is a definite indicator of something being out of balance with the FFB input. 

As others have indicated, the FFB update has not done anything to the feel on tarmac. This still feels like driving a boat basically (not as badly as Project Cars 2 for comparison though).

I really would like to encourage Codemasters to keep working on the FFB even more. Dirt Rally 2.0 has so much potential, just waiting to be released with the right updates to FFB.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1