Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Achtung! Fix Ai before release!

Thanks for your care... but you didnt answer about driving aids. I think, its just the cause. Drive full trottle each moment - its some far from rally driving true manner. Without assist you mast release gas for a moment while making even little turn, otherwise your car will be involving into twist and miss road. So, railway needed for making in other way, and, looks like, assists give it. I see in challenges I lose also 10 seconds per sector at practically straight road, and even with just full trottle. Looks like, tyres sink in gravel. I had problems with pedals two month ago, but now I have new. Dont know, may be, they really do not support my old good Driving Force GT. Also I recall how I played Toca Race Driver 2: firstly I lost much till didnt  check settings and found they made trottle dead zone of 30 percent by default. Dont know, may be, here the same.

4 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

you didnt answer about driving aids. I think, its just the cause.

I’m willing to bet my cat’s nuts (he’s castrated anyway) that @CatBadders is not mentioning any driving aids just because... he’s using none! They may be useful for those first approaching the game but for seasoned hardcore players their simple existence is close to be offensive as they spoil the game as a pure racing simulator. Not even I use them so there you go!!!

6 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

Thanks for your care... but you didnt answer about driving aids. I think, its just the cause. Drive full trottle each moment - its some far from rally driving true manner. Without assist you mast release gas for a moment while making even little turn, otherwise your car will be involving into twist and miss road. So, railway needed for making in other way, and, looks like, assists give it. I see in challenges I lose also 10 seconds per sector at practically straight road, and even with just full trottle. Looks like, tyres sink in gravel. I had problems with pedals two month ago, but now I have new. Dont know, may be, they really do not support my old good Driving Force GT. Also I recall how I played Toca Race Driver 2: firstly I lost much till didnt  check settings and found they made trottle dead zone of 30 percent by default. Dont know, may be, here the same.

i get your point................

1. you can't handle the fact that there are guys  way better than you at this  REALISTIC rally game

2. you are just trolling 

16 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

you are just trolling

Sorry but I don’t agree! I find that he is also bragging through his elbows. In fact I believe I’ve never seen anyone bragging so much in any other forum, ever. I just hope he doesn’t stop doing it because it’s so darn fun, specially after watching his videos.

8 hours ago, CatBadders said:

@LaPremierre converting and compressing the raw video now, will have it uploaded soon for you. You either need to learn to go flat out, or your pedals are broken and you are not/cannot go 100% because I was redlining 5th gear in the first 20 seconds. I'm going to guess you're scared to go 100% flat out because you had no problem almost getting to 5th gear but always slow down when you get there.

Well damn, my internet upload feels slow but I guess this is what uploading ultrawide at full resolution gets me... this link will eventually be ready. eventually.

https://youtu.be/R2F9SQeJrjI

That's one hell of a lap, I have a long road ahead to reach those levels. Thanks for sharing, great example

4 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

I’m willing to bet my cat’s nuts (he’s castrated anyway) that @CatBadders is not mentioning any driving aids just because... he’s using none! They may be useful for those first approaching the game but for seasoned hardcore players their simple existence is close to be offensive as they spoil the game as a pure racing simulator. Not even I use them so there you go!!!

As I understand, all of you played DR1. There you use not somewhat"aids", but simply railway. And it was not offensive.

58 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

What a video? Where I beat aTTax?

I don’t have a clue on what an aTTax is but I’ll have two with ketchup, to go, please!

58 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

There you use not somewhat"aids", but simply railway

I always travel by train whenever possible. It’s comfortable, relaxing and ecological!

11 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

but you didnt answer about driving aids

I disable every aid and assist in the game. I don't like a computer chip making decisions for me. I release the throttle through a lot of that stage, but the big thing I do for the fast corners is I keep the throttle floored and apply left foot braking to keep it balanced without sliding.

That is honestly the key to holding down the fast sections, LFB but keep the throttle planted. Lift-off oversteer is very real in this game and it will cause you problems.

19 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

I disable every aid and assist in the game. I don't like a computer chip making decisions for me. I release the throttle through a lot of that stage, but the big thing I do for the fast corners is I keep the throttle floored and apply left foot braking to keep it balanced without sliding.

That is honestly the key to holding down the fast sections, LFB but keep the throttle planted. Lift-off oversteer is very real in this game and it will cause you problems.

are you talking about  rwd car  or generally?  just curious

7 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

are you talking about  rwd car  or generally?  just curious

All cars in 2.0 are much more prone to lift-off oversteer. FWD is always the worst, AWD is noticeable, and RWD it can be felt when you're going flat out. The general rule of thumb to use in 2.0 is to be on the brakes before you start lifting off of the gas.

It doesn't have to be a lot of brake pressure, even 10-20% should do it, but don't just let go of the throttle completely. Just like you have to ease onto it on corner exit, you need to ease off of it unless you are trying to powerslide like this is Mario Kart and you can handle it.

1 hour ago, CatBadders said:

I keep the throttle floored and apply left foot braking to keep it balanced without sliding.

I did a quick trial run to test it and it does help a lot! Now I just have to incorporate it into my driving muscles! 💪

Thanks for sharing this nice “trick”!

1 hour ago, CatBadders said:

All cars in 2.0 are much more prone to lift-off oversteer. FWD is always the worst

That can also be used to ones bennefit. I'm doing the career in the Fulvia and for medium speed corners you can just lift off and chuck it neatly sideways into the corner

Congratulations to @CatBadders for the performance! @LaPremierre I saw your video and yes, I'm sure as someone has already said that you must have problems with the pedal or you're not sinking on the accelerator, I tried the same stage and same car with difficulty 70% and despite not being able to fly like @Cat. the A.I. he was always behind me, I even went out. however if you're good on slre, vrally4 and wrc5 does not mean that you can master every racing game as if it were a walk, at least not in a week since the game came out.

6 hours ago, CatBadders said:

Great thanks for your explanations and video (although I couldnt watch it till present moment). Later I shall try to try to understand better that what you tell about your winning intake, although fisrt look it seems to be a bit artificiel. As for aids... I know, that all these Dirt Rally grandmasters in Dirt 4 played in "arcade" department. while their results in "simulation" sector were not so great. So, I thought, that, may be, here by assists developers again play up to that arcade physics lovers. So, great, that its not so. Now I already also improved well and gor some feelings of this type of driving... will see, what will it give together with your recomendations analysing. Thanks again and good luck!

1 hour ago, MCasu said:

Congratulations to @CatBadders for the performance! @LaPremierre I saw your video and yes, I'm sure as someone has already said that you must have problems with the pedal or you're not sinking on the accelerator, I tried the same stage and same car with difficulty 70% and despite not being able to fly like @Cat. the A.I. he was always behind me, I even went out. however if you're good on slre, vrally4 and wrc5 does not mean that you can master every racing game as if it were a walk, at least not in a week since the game came out.

But I dont mean that I can reach peaks in first day of playing. I mean that for "medium" level its a bit too much.... although, may be, some hardware problem take plase yet.

2 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

Now I already also improved well

New games drive differently than old ones, so it takes time to get comfortable with new physics. Keep driving and practicing, you'll be catching up soon!

14 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

I know, that all these Dirt Rally grandmasters in Dirt 4 played in "arcade" department. while their results in "simulation" sector were not so great. So, I thought, that, may be, here by assists developers again play up to that arcade physics lovers.

You know nothing of the sort. You presume, big difference. Most people on the forum didn't even want the Arcade Mode included DiRT4, and said so on the forum at the time. They considered it a step back or pandering to the noobs

3 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

You know nothing of the sort. You presume, big difference. Most people on the forum didn't even want the Arcade Mode included DiRT4, and said so on the forum at the time. They considered it a step back or pandering to the noobs

Do you know Porkhammer? He is just the king of Dirt Rally. So, go to leaderboards of Dirt 4 and check, where  he is on top.

Arcade mode in Dirt 4 was produced just for "classic" dirt railway standard lovers.

3 hours ago, CatBadders said:

New games drive differently than old ones, so it takes time to get comfortable with new physics. Keep driving and practicing, you'll be catching up soon!

Thanks for good words, but now I have doubts about further practice. I like to play, its not bad, but I simply feel myself insulted. Past millenium picture, poor content, extortion of money for playing (best cars again only in deluxe version), no support for my language (which 250 000 000 people use) - and all these with such price! So, now I make choice: too continue enjoying the game - or to keep self-respect in refund request. But its another story...

Almost all Dirt Rally grandmasters I've seen hate the Dirt 4 arcade mode. If you see their videos they are very good at simulation Dirt Rally without aids. Try not to feel insulted, but stay humble, so people can help you improve and have fun on the game!

1 hour ago, LaPremierre said:

Do you know Porkhammer? He is just the king of Dirt Rally. So, go to leaderboards of Dirt 4 and check, where  he is on top.

Arcade mode in Dirt 4 was produced just for "classic" dirt railway standard lovers.

Of course I know Porkhammer, he's a beta tester like me, and has been a member of the forum for years. What does that have to do with your claim that "all DiRT Rally grandmasters played in arcade mode"? Porkhammer set records in DiRT Rally too, which didn't have an arcade mode.

You are correct that arcade mode in DiRT4 was for classic fans, all the numbered games are (DiRT1,2,3+4 are all for arcade racing fans, only the 2 DiRT Rally's are aimed at sim racing fans). The sim mode of DiRT4 was added to the series for the sim fans, but the game was aimed at classic fans. Codies said so at the time.

8 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Of course I know Porkhammer, he's a beta tester like me, and has been a member of the forum for years. What does that have to do with your claim that "all DiRT Rally grandmasters played in arcade mode"? Porkhammer set records in DiRT Rally too, which didn't have an arcade mode.

You are correct that arcade mode in DiRT4 was for classic fans, all the numbered games are (DiRT1,2,3+4 are all for arcade racing fans, only the 2 DiRT Rally's are aimed at sim racing fans). The sim mode of DiRT4 was added to the series for the sim fans, but the game was aimed at classic fans. Codies said so at the time.

You didnt understand me. I said Porkhammer had WRs in DR, but in Dirt4 he gone to arcade section! Because DR was just arcade, while only DR 2.0 is simulator. Dirt 4 "simulation" was intermediate point between DR and DR 2.0, while arcade mode made for those who prefer go back, not forward. And Porkhammer was on top most stages in arcade leaderboards, but in simulation or not presented at all, or at much more unpretentious position. It was at first months, dont know, may be, then he mastered better another sector, too, but the fact I mentioned took place.