Achtung! Fix Ai before release!

I don't know why he didn't post times in hardcore mode, but even the fact that he posted times in arcade mode doesn't mean "all the DiRT Rally grandmasters" played arcade mode only. What about all the others?

3 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I don't know why he didn't post times in hardcore mode

For the same reason he wants his times deleted from anything in 2.0 - he doesn't want people bothering him/chasing after him like they always have. He has publicly asked for CM to delete any and all of his records.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

You didnt understand me. I said Porkhammer had WRs in DR, but in Dirt4 he gone to arcade section! Because DR was just arcade, while only DR 2.0 is simulator. Dirt 4 "simulation" was intermediate point between DR and DR 2.0, while arcade mode made for those who prefer go back, not forward. And Porkhammer was on top most stages in arcade leaderboards, but in simulation or not presented at all, or at much more unpretentious position. It was at first months, dont know, may be, then he mastered better another sector, too, but the fact I mentioned took place.

While Dirt 4 is more realistic than Dirt Rally in some aspects (braking, weight transfer, downforce), the general consensus is that Dirt 4's simulation mode is more arcade than Dirt Rally because grip levels are too high on gravel. Also, Dirt 4's arcade mode is nothing like Dirt Rally.

I am not certain about Porkhammer's situation, but it is very apparent from the Dirt community that they felt Dirt 4 was not simulation enough, and a lot of hardcore players in Dirt Rally don't use assists is they restrict driving techniques like powersliding and weight transfer. For you to accuse them of using assists may insult them too.

There is proof that CatBadders is not using assists here:

He loses control and there are no aids preventing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ark13700 said:

There is proof that CatBadders is not using assists here:

Awww man why did you have to point that one out =P I knew it was a hairpin and thought if I slammed the throttle I could slip around the long apex - but it was way longer than I expected 😞

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Awww man why did you have to point that one out =P I knew it was a hairpin and thought if I slammed the throttle I could slip around the long apex - but it was way longer than I expected 😞

And there's more proof!

https://youtu.be/R2F9SQeJrjI?t=520

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ark13700 said:

And there's more proof!

https://youtu.be/R2F9SQeJrjI?t=520

I don't even need to open that link to know exactly where and what you have linked. Thank you for watching my entire ******** of a run :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

You didnt understand me.

I’m afraid I also don’t understand you! 😔

DR was just arcade? Does that mean that for all these years I’ve been fooled thinking that I was playing the closest thing to a rally simulation? Very disappointing! I’ll go face the wall for some hours now!

2 hours ago, CatBadders said:

I don't even need to open that link to know exactly where and what you have linked. Thank you for watching my entire ******** of a run :classic_laugh:

Well, you get 50 points for killing the marshal! But you didn’t shoot no deputy, bless your heart for that!

8 hours ago, CatBadders said:

For the same reason he wants his times deleted from anything in 2.0 - he doesn't want people bothering him/chasing after him like they always have. He has publicly asked for CM to delete any and all of his records.

Yeah, I know why he doesn't want his times posting in 2.0, I can't say I blame him.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

I’m afraid I also don’t understand you! 😔

DR was just arcade? Does that mean that for all these years I’ve been fooled thinking that I was playing the closest thing to a rally simulation? Very disappointing! I’ll go face the wall for some hours now!

So, you didnt read my epic text? Dont know the story?... Hmmm... some people live in their isolated universe, and ignore basic things. So, I have to note you, that in 2015 not only DR was released, but also Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO. And these two were two opposite poles in interpretation of true rally physics. In DR we meet railway model, where car starts in a moment, stops in a moment and turns in a moment just for the same amgle as wheel was turned. Especially interesting, that car rotated there in such way even beieng in fly, e.g. no any model of tyres-road interaction was presented at all.

In the same time Milestone, former editor of oficcial WRC series, created exellent drifty model, where heavy car slides on surface and where you must predict further consequences of your action taking into account several self-interacting factors, including inertia, ground reaction and engine work. It was really something opposite

So, huge Dirt community, for which even previous WRC games were too hard, got great rejoyce for the fact they now can play rally, too, and ut was the reason of this game success.

But after Dirt 4 release theur reaction was already a bit sour. Because inertia and sliding appear, at least in castrated form!

But now my friend, which bought deluxe edition of DR2, wrote me immediatly: "Its very, very close to SLRE!".

So, now we know, where is true simulator.

But at the beginning was my criticism I posted here in 2015, whicn was summarized in my text

https://ivanushkablog.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/dirt-rally-from-fake-simulator-to-a-glamour-hell/

Developers read it, appealed to experts and make conclusions. Now they admit I was right.

DR was NOT simulator, or it was fake simulator made for crowd.

Edited by LaPremierre
  • Disagree 1

18 hours ago, CatBadders said:

New games drive differently than old ones, so it takes time to get comfortable with new physics. Keep driving and practicing, you'll be catching up soon!

For the ends, I watched your recording well. Of course, now I see clear, that I lose at straight, where my speed is twice lower sometimes. No problems with turns, at least with THIS speed.

Then, I found some reason for it. Its for laugh, but yestarday I, also for the ehds, entered wheel advanced settings and, yes, found, that default settings stated there include 20% dead zone for throttle, brake and steer! So, the story of TrD2 is now replicated! Of course, its also my fault, but in the same time strange, that nobody here said me about it! Looks like, thats made for joystic, where its, may be, really optimal... and since developers didnt proclaim DF GT support, the game consider my wheel as joystic also?..

But, third.... looks like, its not the only reason. I see you drive practically always with 5th gear. Its looks strange for me. I shall try, but I cannot understand it. You can see, that at my FH3 recording practically always I use not 5th, but 2d gear! Its natural for rally! Of course, there the road is much more twisty, but nevertheless... may be, it means somewhat wrong is with the game itwself.

But, on the other hand.... when I played WRC5 with serious guys, competed for prize car, one of them posted in-game recording... and we found, that he pass very sharp corners with 4-6 gears also. We tried with my friend and found its impossible. Of course, it may be simply cheating soft, but.... now I have doubts... may be, its some great art of shifting? Hmmmm

32 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

I see you drive practically always with 5th gear. Its looks strange for me. I shall try, but I cannot understand it. You can see, that at my FH3 recording practically always I use not 5th, but 2d gear!

2nd gear is useful in tight corners, but these are big roads with long corners - so don't slow down! Drive so that you always are at 5k+ RPMs and you always have power. I also use very wide driving lines, so a sharp corner isn't sharp anymore. If he says "2 Left" try to drive wide and pretend it is a "4 Left". If you do it right, you can keep the gears much higher. In Poland, you should almost always be in 4th or 5th gear.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LaPremierre said:

So, you didnt read my epic text? Dont know the story?... Hmmm... some people live in their isolated universe, and ignore basic things.

I’m truly sorry that I missed your epic text. I guess it didn’t show up for my isolated universe’s Big Bang anniversary! (Most likely the invitation card was eaten by some vicious black hole) 😞

Thanks for taking the time and effort to summarize it for me! 🤗

1 hour ago, LaPremierre said:

Developers read it, appealed to experts and make conclusions. Now they admit I was right.

DR was NOT simulator, or it was fake simulator made for crowd.

So I guess we owe you our gratitude for opening the developers’ eyes for this crude reality! And them also, along with the experts, for finally admitting it. 👍🏼

It doesn’t cease to amaze me how illuminating this forum can be! 🕯

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

But at the beginning was my criticism I posted here in 2015, whicn was summarized in my text

https://ivanushkablog.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/dirt-rally-from-fake-simulator-to-a-glamour-hell/

DR was NOT simulator, or it was fake simulator made for crowd.

Do you really think Codies read your blog?

4 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Of course they do. So do Milestone and Kylotonn. That's why DR2.0 has better physics, it's why Milestone decided to release SLRE and it's why there is a stage generator in V-Rally 4.

I don't know what we would do without him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

They don’t??? B@st@rds!!! Where else can you learn that “The letters D I R T simply hide the letters F A K E.”??? I’m now officially a fan!

Edited by Mastoideu
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

They read all these here, at forum. Then you deleted all my posts, but they were presented and quite avaialable.

Its strange, but looks like my posts affect game developers well. Several examples. I wrote several times to Milestone, in facebook and simply by post... and as a result they made the game utterly satisfying to my offers.

Past year I wrote WRC7 review and sent link to editor (Bigben Interactive). I received answer with thanks... and in the autumn I found V-Rally made again in total agreement with my wishes for physics and gameplay elements. Even the very idea of making track generator based on road net was taken from my review.

Edited by LaPremierre
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pfei said:

Of course they do. So do Milestone and Kylotonn. That's why DR2.0 has better physics, it's why Milestone decided to release SLRE and it's why there is a stage generator in V-Rally 4.

Ah, now it all makes sense again.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

@SkiddyMcCrash

i think this thread should be closed..........................

But then I'll have nothing to read while I eat my popcorn..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Evilsmurf said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Evilsmurf said:

I could recommend a certain blog...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Pfei said:

I don't know what we would do without him. 

You can mock, but at least in case of V-Rally there are too much points of coincidence for it would being accidentally. And here also... I got this work and in detail described the origins of the problems and the ways for solving. You read it, most users here read it. Hipe was quit good. Developers also read no doubt, and they were  simply forced to realize some things. I believe, I proved there even to them, that their "simulator" was fake. Please, mention me another origins of their conceptions deep changing. At least my notes were quite enough for it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i think this thread should be closed

You’re not serious, right??? I never enjoyed a game’s forum this much in all my life!!! And the things you learn here!!! I’d rather see Wikipedia close (I’m pretty sure they steal their articles from some blogs out there)!

Edited by Mastoideu
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1