Achtung! Fix Ai before release!

1 minute ago, LaPremierre said:

They read all these here, at forum. Then you deleted all my posts, but they were presented and quite available.

Its strange, but looks like my posts affect game developers well. Several examples. I wrote several times to Milestone, in facebook and simply by post... and as a result they made the game utterly satisfying to my offers.

Past year I wrote WRC7 review and sent link to editor (Bigben Interactive). I received answer with thanks... and in the autumn I found V-Rally made again in total agreement with my wishes for physics and gameplay elements. Even the very idea of making track generator based on road net was taken from my review.

I didn't delete your posts, I banned you for insulting other members after asking you several times to stop, and then warning you I would ban you if you didn't.

It might look like develeopers are affected by your posts but that doesn't mean they are. At no time during any of the beta testing for D:R, D4 or D:R2 did anyone from Codies ask us to test a handling pack based on your recommendations, or even mention your name, either on the forum or in person at the studio.

If they did follow your recommendations, surely it would have been when they released the updated handling pack for D:R, which was known as "V2". They wouldn't have released an upgrade to one game, released a 2nd game and then wait until the 3rd game to implement your ideas, but that is what you're claiming.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CatBadders said:

2nd gear is useful in tight corners, but these are big roads with long corners - so don't slow down! Drive so that you always are at 5k+ RPMs and you always have power. I also use very wide driving lines, so a sharp corner isn't sharp anymore. If he says "2 Left" try to drive wide and pretend it is a "4 Left". If you do it right, you can keep the gears much higher. In Poland, you should almost always be in 4th or 5th gear.

Of course, in Poland 5th gear has to be used😁. And the reason of why I didn't reach it was also stupid default gears ratio. Always in different games I try first such default settings.... and never they were so bad! Slider was in the middle. Now I moved it to most "short" position... and now I go 5th gear and improved my previous time for 1,5 minutes... but I still lose a minute to you and start to produce lag from the start straight: at first sharp turn I already lost 3 seconds. Looks like, there are another settings, chosen by default in the same stupid way, and I cannot sometimes simply to understand, what these parameters affects really...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

And the reason of why I didn't reach it was also stupid default gears ratio.

I run all of my cars 100% default settings, including gear ratios. I get a weird satisfaction posting fast times using stock cars.

Codies did a terrible job with the tuning area though, absolutely no hints or tool tips about what each component does or what softening/firming them affects. Seriously needs some attention.

Edited by CatBadders
  • Agree 7

12 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

Now I moved it to most "short" position... and now I go 5th gear

I'm not sure what to say to this bud. You're reaching 5th gear now because of the shorter ratios, you aren't going faster, you just shortened 5th to the speed you were doing. Fully short ratios on Poland is nuts, unless codies realllly messed something up with gear setup. Your top speed will be balls.

I am amused by the idea of you ranting along in Poland on the rev limiter doing 50kph tho.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cortextual said:

I'm not sure what to say to this bud. You're reaching 5th gear now because of the shorter ratios, you aren't going faster, you just shortened 5th to the speed you were doing. Fully short ratios on Poland is nuts, unless codies realllly messed something up with gear setup. Your top speed will be balls.

I am amused by the idea of you ranting along in Poland on the rev limiter doing 50kph tho.

Dude, that I goes MUCH faster - its the fact. I said, that I won 1,5 minutes above my previous result. So, all questions to developers. 

Of course, it supposed to be helpful to set longer gears in Poland. But we see opposite... and not only here. I worked seriously with this questions just in Poland in WRC5, and future esport competition leaders appealed to me for advise in this question.... so, only for two stages of six longer gears were useful. Only one I chosen 4/5 in the long side. But, of course, there stages were NOT so straight as here.

And I tried most short by the simple reason that in many games this choice happens the best for ANY track. As we see, this game did not become an exclusion.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

That's probably because you aren't using the longer gears to their potential though, you still need to stay on the throttle to get up to the better top speeds. But I do admit to some irregularities in the past with the gear ratio implementation, so it's possible there are still some.

2 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

and future esport competition leaders appealed to me for advise in this question.... so

lol.

24 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

Dude, that I goes MUCH faster - its the fact. I said, that I won 1,5 minutes above my previous result

Here is the big question - what was your old top speed, and what is your new top speed? Along with that, how often _and for how long_ are you redline in 5th gear at your top speed? Poland is long and very fast, so you want that 5th gear to be long and getting you around 130-140mph (210-225kph)

Ok, I have recording of new run (lighting conditions other, the same didn't present in time attack). First 6 minutes.

https://youtu.be/gVnA2Ez-QLE

Now here km/h (why to use miles, brexit already works?:classic_biggrin:). For testing gears, of course, you have first check both edges. I started from short by the reason mentioned above - close to the board, it happened faster. next time I made  just the limit - and its even more fast. Here the last attempt.

I know, sometimes short gears give general improvement, and long also, while middle are the worse. Don't know about this case, but default was in the middle :classic_biggrin:

26 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Here is the big question - what was your old top speed, and what is your new top speed? Along with that, how often _and for how long_ are you redline in 5th gear at your top speed? Poland is long and very fast, so you want that 5th gear to be long and getting you around 130-140mph (210-225kph)

https://youtu.be/gVnA2Ez-QLE

Comments in the post above - forgot to make citation there

Buy the way - does my lines itself really worse, than yours?

Edited by LaPremierre

Just a few points that I observed from the community in the past:

- Dirt Rally was widely praised for being difficult to drive

- Dirt 4 was initially praised by the hardcore Dirt players for its braking and inertia compared to Dirt Rally

- Dirt 4 was later criticised when they realised the physics don't allow cars to slide as much as Dirt Rally

- Dirt Rally 2.0 was built with the help of hardcore Dirt players from this forum and the handling was created to their liking, the main tweak being more sliding on gravel and less railroad effect

Edited by ark13700

2 minutes ago, Mastoideu said:

@LaPremierre Sadly I cannot access your video!

Anyone having the same problem?

Probably still processing, mine took ages to process

Just now, CatBadders said:

Ah, good. Wouldn’t want to miss it for the world!

• Agree 1

It's pretty gosh darn exciting. Maybe if we go to bed it will come faster? Ohhhh but I bet I won't be able to sleep.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Sorry, I forgot to press "done". For me it was well available...:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cortextual said:

Actually a pretty decent run other than the few little crashes.

True. And the few little crashes are not even the drivers fault. After all who would think of including turns in an otherwise perfectly straight road???

As a bonus, the roadside won’t be needing any maintenance since the grass has been mowed already!

So, for conclusions. In career I passed one season well with Fulvia winning easy. Yestarday I got Porche. Its undriveable rattletrap, although you can recieve some enjoyment in breaking it in. In V-Rally 4 I tried it well

Here first was long stage in Poland. I lost 28 seconds with little crashes cost me for 5-8 seconds, but generally it was not "decent", it was hell EXELLENT DRIVING!

Full replay:

At second in first attempr I lost 5 seconds... by the reason of hell donats

Backward in darkness I won even with entering trap at last sector (then improved a little):

At last stage I won much and finished event at second place.... but it was really amazing. If you dont think so, try to move a little avec ce taco.

Replay with wheel looks more nice:

So, conclusion is: with such smooth driving I must win easy at 100%, not 70. But developers in very strange way even forbid to set up gears in career and online challenges! As a result I simply cannot compete. So, if somebody really has contacts with developers, notify them, please, that they turned out pot-boilers and must to fix gears, AI, or  better both!

Edited by LaPremierre
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, LaPremierre said:

if somebody really has contacts with developers

Maybe I misunderstood you before (mea culpa) but didn’t you say that the devs come to you for advice? Why don’t you tell them yourself then? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

So, conclusion is: with such smooth driving I must win easy at 100%, not 70. But developers in very strange way even forbid to set up gears in career and online challenges! As a result I simply cannot compete. So, if somebody really has contacts with developers, notify them, please, that they turned out pot-boilers and must to fix gears, AI, or  better both!

Other players can drive faster than that and enjoy competing at 100%, why reduce the AI and spoil their fun? Sorry, but you're talking as if the world revolves around you.

5 minutes ago, ark13700 said:

Other players can drive faster than that and enjoy competing at 100%, why reduce the AI and spoil their fun? Sorry, but you're talking as if the world revolves around you.

Dude, here guy with extremely fast run confirmed that I lose by the reason I have too low speed AT STRAIGHT. We didnt find the reason, but this reason does exist. Anyway developers must provide AI corresponding  to driving quality. If exellent driving does not lead to good results, so, some players with worse driving wins minutes upon those who drive good, - it means some things are wrong in this game. And absolutly no doubt, that it concern not me only, but thousands of players. And in case developers will not solve the problem soon, for the ends the wave of their anger will cover the game.

The reason is plain to see

In this section Catbadders holds full throttle and maintains 100-110mph (160-170kph)

You lift off the throttle throughout, slowing the car to 130-150kph

On top of that, if you did drive with the gear setting to 'short', that reduces the car's top speed. The problem is not the AI difficulty, the problem is using a car setup for low top speed on a high speed stage.

• Agree 1

The great and furious LaPremier also begins that fast section at the exit of the 4 Right by hitting the outside bank and flipping the car on it's side. The result of a bad exit at the start of a straight is that you lose time for the whole straight or until you hit top speed, which I don't think he ever does. Couple that with the fact he isn't planning far enough ahead so his lines are garbo and forcing him to get off the throttle and he loses 11 seconds just in that section between the 4 Right and the tarmac 1L. Catbadders doesn't nail that 4R either, he gets too much oversteer and hits the bank with the rear of the car, the difference is he knows he needs to get it under control and start building speed asap so he lifts off and doesn't go careening into the bank like a maniac.

LaPremier I wonder if you have considered that perhaps the problem exists between the chair and the steering wheel?

Edited by Cortextual
I don't have to justify my edits to you computer! I am human.
  • Haha 2