Achtung! Fix Ai before release!

3 hours ago, CatBadders said:

We just don't agree on this then. I don't care if I can see the turn when the co-driver calls a note. I can remember 3 or 4 notes ahead and I use that to drive faster. If you only drive by what you can see you can't push the limits.

If notes call "5 Right 6 Left Tightens 4" I use that to go faster. I will sit on the right side of the road and ignore the "5 Right", instead pretending it is a "6 Left Long". I then wait to downshift until the "Tightens" part. You can't do that if you only have notes you can see.

Strange. I just said about complex virage, that entire couple of notes needed. But in this game we meet warning for smooth 5-6 turn, which follow after 2-3 similar turns, divided by long distance, its absolutely senseless and spoiling.

Edited by LaPremierre

I don't think any of us would claim the pacenotes in this game are perfect but they are better than any other game by some margin. For a fan of SLRE and the WRC games to criticise them screams troll to me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

I don't think any of us would claim the pacenotes in this game are perfect but they are better than any other game by some margin. For a fan of SLRE and the WRC games to criticise them screams troll to me. 

and this time italian codiver is a very smart guy 😄     not like the sleepy meridional looser in dr1 😆

47 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

Of course, its simply an axiom, that here everything is  better than in SLRE and WRC. Including picture, world dimensions, advises system and so on.

But if to avoid axioms... may be, we shall find brute hack-work in ideal game?

5 hours ago, LaPremierre said:

I found additional part of solution: setting up accelerator saturation for 45% instead of 100 I go at straight much faster. May be, its also my fault, but nobody here didn't give me advise.

Posted 22 hours before your post

On 3/5/2019 at 11:00 PM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

@LaPremierre make a video showing your input settings. Hold down your accelerator for 5 seconds, then hold down your brake for 5 seconds, then the clutch for 5 seconds, then turn the wheel fully to the left for 5 seconds and finally hold accelerator and brake for 5 seconds. This should show us if there is anything wrong with your inputs.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:05 PM, Cortextual said:

LaPremier I wonder if you have considered that perhaps the problem exists between the chair and the steering wheel?

+1

I’m going to write an EPIC article, addressed to the competent authorities (they come to me for advice anyway), proposing that some people in this thread be canonized for their relentless efforts on what seems to be an impossible mission. You more than earned your place in heaven already!

Meanwhile, stay strong and never give up!

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2019 at 5:48 PM, Mastoideu said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the AI times are generated in Rally? I mean, in RallyCross we have cars running and the AI doing it’s thing so it’s pretty obvious. I’m just wondering if there’s actually any AI doing virtual runs to set the times or if they are presets with random values within parameters for the chosen difficulty, so that for example in the default difficulty settings they are randomized between a minimum of “x” and a maximum of “y”.

Ps: I know this - although strangely within the topic of this thread - may sound irrelevant but in fact the chances of the AI times being corrected seem higher if they are presets. Otherwise the devs will have to fumble with the AI to get it right!

The way I understand it is as follows (disclaimer: I'm not a programmer and this is all guesswork):

• Rallycross: AI drivers in your race are running in real-time. Once you cross the finish line the cars behind you have their remaining time approximated based on where they are on the track (ie: if a driver is 5 seconds behind you when you finish, it adds 5 seconds to the car's current time).
  • Rallycross: AI drivers running in other heats/divisions are not running in real-time, but have their times calculated based on an initial value which is then scaled up or down for difficulty and other factors.
  • Rally: Same as Rallycross AI drivers not running in real-time.

Let's take a hypothetical Rally Stage: 

• D. Morton (AI driver) has a base time of 3.00.00
  • If you have AI difficulty set to 1 (very easy) "his" Stage time will be a randomly-selected number between 5.00.00 and 5.10.00.
  • If you have AI difficulty set to 100 (very hard) the Stage time will be a randomly-selected number between 2.20.00 and 2.30.00.
  • If Unexpected Incidents are enabled, there is a small percentage chance that 1 of multiple issues will modify the Stage time on top of the difficulty multiplier; there might be a 5% chance of a puncture for example, and if it triggers that's something between +20.00 and +30.00 to the Stage time.
  • Apply all of the above to all AI drivers competing, each of which would have a different base time.

If this is how it works and Codemasters feel that AI in some Classes/Difficulties is too high/low, they could examine player Stage times and adjust the AI base times accordingly.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Posted 22 hours before your post

I entered there and found that pushing pedals I fulfil bien all scales. But for finding true reason more deep investigation needed :classic_biggrin:. Nevertheless I cans prove, that such type of hints is at least really helpful, thanks.