Sign in to follow this  

Duel Mode Issues - Massive Point Losses

Duel mode continues to be a major issue. While AI car issues were significantly better after last update and grid starts only drop you 2-3 places now as opposed to 6 (you can't call that a fix, btw), the races simply cannot be won. One of my "opponents" today, who was clearly AI, actually, closed over a 1 sec gap to overtake me in the final turn, which I took almost flat out on the racing line, and went ahead around 1 sec to win. Would have been the only win of 10 races run and lost today and clearly unacceptable per the new setup for a player to win even 10% of the time. So that remains just a massive fail here. Current points count since the duel-killer update, -2,200, bringing me to 3,000, so fast approaching a 50% loss in points here. I dont understand why they dont fix it.

• Agree 1

Appreciate your frustration with the inbalance @Wheeeeee.  There seems to be something odd going on at sector 3,  also seen opponents cars warp ahead 2+ sec when I'm flat out on the racing line, even happened in my favor a few times.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 1

Just discovered EA sports Real Racing 3. Not F1, but the gameplay is so much better. Think I'll make the switch.

Personally I found RR3 just as frustrating but in different ways.

Basically, each series is uncompletable unless you spend tons of £ on gold. Tracks are restricted by the upgrades you put on each car, so if you haven't upgraded enough you can't progress. In addition the upgrades often cost gold just as many of the cars do. At the moment this is far less pay to win.