Jump to content

Setting Up Cars Really Stinks

Recommended Posts

I really hated setting up cars in Dirt Rally and you have made it even more of a pain in 2.0.

I'm not a game designer so I don't know what to suggest, only that the current system is absolutely horrible. Rally 1.0 really stunk for making setups and 2.0 is much worse.

You basically get one try to get your setup right and it's simply not enough. You make a complete guess...since the stock setups are trash, every single thing needs to be changed...and if you tap one thing on your practice run the session is over because you have to make a repair, no matter how minor. What?! Now you're running your rally with a trash setup wishing the car didn't suck the entire run. To make it worse you have to do 2 stages like this, then make changes and pray it's even better to any degree and hope it's not worse. It's a fun killer.

Running in freemode is just as bad....there is no true freemode to just run a trail and test things out. If you don't want people memorizing the trails make a separate setup mode and give us a minute and a half where we could test things out without having to worry about tapping a wall and ending the progress of setting up. Give us separate little test sections with tight uphill turns or flat out sections to at least get in the neighborhood of things.

Exactly how did you want us to make setups? The correct way is to make a single change, test, make another, test...so you know what changes are working. This is literally impossible with your system. The only way is making multiple changes at a time and hoping for the best as you do your official run. If it's no good you have to guess what it was you don't like and start guessing again. And every track/surface needs a different setup so you basically never EVER have the setup you want. At least in 1.0 I was guaranteed a few tries, in 2.0 it's a complete joke. Sorry, but it is.

Cmon guys.

Edited by SonnyPrince
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed!

Even in reality teams can test their cars on roads or circuits.

We need simple test area.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a detailed setup in the same vein as Forza/Horizon where you can change every setting on the car.

Speaking of which I can't make head nor tail of the metric system used to measure spring rates etc. Can't they be measured in lbs instead of nm?

Lastly can somebody explain the gear ratios to me or point me in the direction of a converter? I'm used to altering 3.90 and 4.44 final drive ratios for example...not 0.500.

Aside from the minor niggles and the audio randomly cutting out...colour me impressed Codies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get 10 tries at the shakedown stage at the start of each event right? That gives you a reasonable amount of mileage for setting up the car. Plus, testing time is quite limited for rally crews in the real world normally.

I agree that it would be nice to have a small test area for familiarisation with new cars and for making setups, but its not a huge problem as you seem to suggest.

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, austinb said:

You get 10 tries at the shakedown stage at the start of each event right? That gives you a reasonable amount of mileage for setting up the car. Plus, testing time is quite limited for rally crews in the real world normally.

I agree that it would be nice to have a small test area for familiarisation with new cars and for making setups, but its not a huge problem as you seem to suggest.

If you don't play the game, understand the issue, or read what I have typed, please don't comment. You do not get 10 tries anymore if you get any dmg to your car at all, which is very common trying to see how your car will behave at the limit. You should know this if you have played the game. I said this in my post. It is a huge problem. It is a suggestion area in the forums, I didn't type it for you to try to invalidate my opinions to make you feel better about yourself. I've been sim racing for 15 years and have been doing all my own setups for most of that, I know what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Edited by SonnyPrince
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you shared your opinion, I shared mine. I will go back to not playing the game with my newly accrued self-affirmation. Thanks.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, austinb said:

Wow, you shared your opinion, I shared mine. I will go back to not playing the game with my newly accrued self-affirmation. Thanks.

Your opinion was to try to invalidate mine, which it does not. I did not ask your opinion, as I said, it's a suggestion area of the forums. I was suggesting. You were...I don't know what you thought you were doing other than suggesting I didn't know what I was talking about.  With 364 posts in the forums you obviously live here and should understand what each section is for.  

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with AustinB on this one for the most part.  In reality tuning a car (for some single non expert) is a huge PITA.  You need to keep good data, and do a lot of research.  Testing time is limited as it's expensive, it's basically limited in the professional series as well to limit the cost of the sport.  Shakedowns are a bit short I will give you that, but you get 10 attempts.  The fact that you pay to repair your car after shakedown disasters is marvelous and immersive (to me and I am sure many).  If it's a career/campaign/championship, honestly, you need to treat your car like an egg as you're the team owner too and are paying the bills.  if you don't want to deal with the challenges of running a rallying career you basically can freeplay  etc.    (not sure if a custom career can resolve this, I suppose giving players an option to configure this aspect would be good for custom careers/championships)

 

That's my personal view on this, I am not bashing anyone over theirs and yes I know it can be frustrating.  

Edited by bn880
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bn880 said:

I agree with AustinB on this one for the most part.  In reality tuning a car (for some single non expert) is a huge PITA.  You need to keep good data, and do a lot of research.  Testing time is limited as it's expensive, it's basically limited in the professional series as well to limit the cost of the sport.  Shakedowns are a bit short I will give you that, but you get 10 attempts.  The fact that you pay to repair your car after shakedown disasters is marvelous and immersive (to me and I am sure many).  If it's a career/campaign/championship, honestly, you need to treat your car like an egg as you're the team owner too and are paying the bills.  if you don't want to deal with the challenges of running a rallying career you basically can freeplay  etc.    (not sure if a custom career can resolve this, I suppose giving players an option to configure this aspect would be good for custom careers/championships)

 

That's my personal view on this, I am not bashing anyone over theirs and yes I know it can be frustrating.  

Wow I'm usually a nice guy but you guys are morons.

I wasn't asking you dumb ass opinion. Make your own thread about how you love their game. What is wrong with people?

I don't care about how realistic it is. I don't even watch real rallies and never will as they are boring as hell. I donm't care how you feel and I didn't ask your opinion. This is a suggestion area of the forums and I was suggesting....as I have stated several times already.

Edited by SonnyPrince
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonnyPrince said:

Wow I'm usually a nice guy but you guys a freeking morons.

I wasn't asking you dumb ass opinion.

You are dangerously rude my friend.  If you really don't want people's opinions then posting on a community forum may not be a great idea.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bn880 said:

You are dangerously rude my friend.  If you really don't want people's opinions then posting on a community forum may not be a great idea.

ITS A SUGGESTION AREA OF THE FORUMS.  Get over yourself. What exactly is your point of posting against my suggestion?? Would it hurt your feelings or ruin your immersion to give us a better way to set up cars? Please.

Edited by SonnyPrince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonnyPrince said:

ITS A SUGGESTION AREA OF THE FORUMS. 

Yes, and I didn't bash your suggestion or you.  And I said it may be a good idea to make that an option to users.  You are becoming rude to people who have not done anything to you.  Your suggestion also asks for a CHANGE of a system that others like, this is why you are getting opinions.  People are worried that things will change for the worse in their opinion.  If you asked for an OPTION then it would be a slightly different discussion.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please note I've removed a couple of posts that break the forum rules. 

Please be civil and stay on topic. If the fighting continues, I will close this thread. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faya said:

Please note I've removed a couple of posts that break the forum rules. 

Please be civil and stay on topic. If the fighting continues, I will close this thread. 

Please delete this thread. I was looking for a way to do so but there is no option. Delete this account also lol.  There is no way to do that either I see.

Edited by SonnyPrince
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but you're being extremely touchy. In my original post I actually agreed with your suggestion, but expressed my opinion that you were exaggerating how much of a problem it is.

For some reason you took this as an insult or attack (which it wasn't). You then proceeded to actually insult me multiple times for no reason. I chose not to react in the hope that you would chill out. Instead you have just carried on digging a hole in my absence.

Forums are for discussion. If you post a suggestion, why are you surprised that people come and comment on it?

It is OK to have different opinions, we are not trying to change your mind, just have a balanced discussion on the genuinely interesting suggestion you made.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When that is done present your record number, and a page will show up with your water bill. So you see, this procedure will scarcely take a couple of moments given that you've your subtleties. On the off chance that you accept your record number isn't right so get in touch with them and their staff will unquestionably help you.https://pakbuzz.pk/check-lesco-bill-duplicate-payment-and-complaint-process/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×