Sign in to follow this  

Just unlocking the tuning costs hundreds of thousands

I know that credits probably won't be an issue in the late game.

But having to spend 30.000 CR for my team just to learn how to unlock tuning for an E30? Or even 100.000 CR for unlocking tuning for the Porsche?

It's a lot, I can definitely see an argument for it being too much if you wanna upgrade all the cars. On the other hand it keeps credits useful in a way they never were, as do the running repair costs. I can understand the intention, it does make it feel like you're running a team and actually financing the thing. Shame those are the aspects that suck IRL and make the cost of rallying prohibitive lol.

It’s nicely balanced in my opinion. Without it you’d own all the cars and upgrades in a week and credits would become meaningless.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I like it. The credits system quickly became redundent in the last games.

If they made the numbers more relatable it might help but the balance is perfect in my opinion. I'm enjoying finally having to weight up repairs/upgrades. Will I have enough to complete the championship etc...

I believe it to be one of the many bold strokes that the developers have introduced to the game. Bravo.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Like 1

Agreed with you guys, the cost makes sense as it actually becomes a gameplay element where you have to weigh the costs of certain things and make decisions.

I don't get it. 

The car costs 60.000 and I need another 30.000 just so my team of engineers knows how to tweak ride height and camber?

Excuse me?

35 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

It’s nicely balanced in my opinion. Without it you’d own all the cars and upgrades in a week and credits would become meaningless.

It's not about upgrades. Make them cost, I don't care.
But the ability for basic tuning should be one of the benefits of being an engineer, don't you think?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, WeamDreaver said:

It's not about upgrades. Make them cost, I don't care.
But the ability for basic tuning should be one of the benefits of being an engineer, don't you think?

That's a good point, I'm on this guy's side now.