DR2.0 - Multiplayer Features for Leagues

@PJTierney Here's me bothering you again. 😛

I'm curious as to if/when we can expect a spectator mode...I'd dare to bet it's a feature people want more than VR, which has already been announced to release this summer. 🙂

Oh and on a completely different matter, I'd appreciate if the bugs I mentioned in my Reddit post got some attention: https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/c9io0c/monte_carlo_is_funexcept_when_its_not/

Spectate has been talked about. It makes more sense to roll that into a general esports update than to do it independently, but I can’t really say more than that. What I can say however is that esports for this game was announced at launch and the team is committed to delivering it.

Monte Carlo, we talked about it today actually. They are aware of it so who knows what’ll happen in the future. 😉 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Spectate has been talked about. It makes more sense to roll that into a general esports update than to do it independently, but I can’t really say more than that. What I can say however is that esports for this game was announced at launch and the team is committed to delivering it.

Monte Carlo, we talked about it today actually. They are aware of it so who knows what’ll happen in the future. 😉 

That's lovely to hear, thanks a lot 🙂

• Like 1

@PJTierney Sorry to keep bothering you, but as a league organizer I have to constantly feed my participants updates (101 atm), so has there been any news of the aforementioned bug (the setup bug in clubs)? Is there an ETA yet?

55 minutes ago, SereneLogic said:

@PJTierney Sorry to keep bothering you, but as a league organizer I have to constantly feed my participants updates (101 atm), so has there been any news of the aforementioned bug (the setup bug in clubs)? Is there an ETA yet?

If I remember rightly the person best suited to fixing it is currently tied up with GRID work. Once that frees up, it’ll certainly be worked on.

I don’t have an ETA, but the DiRT team clearly know that this is the biggest issue with a Clubs right now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If I remember rightly the person best suited to fixing it is currently tied up with GRID work. Once that frees up, it’ll certainly be worked on.

I don’t have an ETA, but the DiRT team clearly know that this is the biggest issue with a Clubs right now.

It's pretty time sensitive, most of my participants are becoming more and more agitated, because they already waited so long for clubs, and now they're waiting so long to have it working properly. As a person, I'm fine with waiting, but as an Organizer I can just see my audience slipping away. So I'd appreciate it if it's handled as soon as possible. This is actively hurting the competitive community more and more every week this goes on. 😕 

10 hours ago, SereneLogic said:

It's pretty time sensitive, most of my participants are becoming more and more agitated, because they already waited so long for clubs, and now they're waiting so long to have it working properly. As a person, I'm fine with waiting, but as an Organizer I can just see my audience slipping away. So I'd appreciate it if it's handled as soon as possible. This is actively hurting the competitive community more and more every week this goes on. 😕 

I understand, however it's not entirely within my control. I'll continue to remind people and push for it to be resolved soon 🙂 

• Agree 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, PJTierney said:

🙂 

I found a bug for clubs:

20190722125944_1.thumb.jpg.e3204557888ca748551241a140606c23.jpg

As You can see, there are several missing informations - only occours for the user (Me):

20190722125944_1.thumb.jpg.0b7c0d5a6b9cf057d464892ba3058314.jpg

@PJTierney Hey, lovely hearing Dirtfish is coming out, got to love some casual stuff for once. That said, has there been an update on the clubs fix? And when will we see more competitive updates, such as the spectator mode and anything else that may be in there?

1 hour ago, SereneLogic said:

@PJTierney Hey, lovely hearing Dirtfish is coming out, got to love some casual stuff for once. That said, has there been an update on the clubs fix? And when will we see more competitive updates, such as the spectator mode and anything else that may be in there?

Clubs tuning fix: Not in 1.7. Pretty decent chance of it being in 1.8.

Spectator mode: Will likely be added once we begin official esports support. Don't have a date on that which I can share publicly, sorry.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.7aa07fd5d09f6d1592dce7db94e1bdaf.png

@PJTierney Something new for once, I drove a bit of Estering and someone about the joker just felt off to me. So I took the overhead map that shows in the loading screen and put the official FIA track map on top of it. 

As you can see, it seems the joker's slightly wrong, especially comparing it to the rest of the track, which seems pretty much spot on.

• Thanks 1