Jump to content

DR2.0 - Multiplayer Features for Leagues

Recommended Posts

Since the announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0 leagues such as AOR (ApexOnlineRacing) have been carefully planning and preparing their leagues to accommodate for the demand of competitive league featuring DiRT Rally 2.0 However since the release of DiRT Rally 2.0 it has become apparent that in the release build of the game neither Rallycross or Rally leagues, at the quality that AOR is known for, are possible. I heavily suggest that the following features are added as soon as possible, seeing as the latest announcement mentions a partnership regarding Esports events. People will want to prepare for this, both existing and new simracers, so in order for that to be possible, leagues need to be possible.

The tools in order to make a Rally league possible are easily explained, clubs (or that's what they were called in DiRT 4). This would enable league organizers and coordinators to set up and run championships with a large group of people, without needing every single participant to be present in a lobby, which is the luxury and quality we're used to since DiRT Rally and DiRT 4.

In order to make a Rallycross league possible three, preferably four, features would need to be added. These features are as follows:

  • The ability to disable AI in Multiplayer Lobbies, since at the moment we're unable to filter out the AI. (Which also ruins the joy for me personally to do Multiplayer at all. I'm sure some people appreciate it, but at least making it optional would benefit either side of this argument)
     
  • The ability to select which type of starting grid we use in a single race, i.e. a horizontal lineup (as WRX has during Heats) and a staggered lineup (as WRX has during Semi-Finals and Finals). As right now we're always forced into a heat format if we select to run a single race, which really doesn't feel right. An idea for this would be to look at the DiRT 4 feature where we could decide between the format "Timed" and "Position".
     
  • The ability to assign starting grid positions to each participant in the lobby (this requires both previous points). This would enable us to hold the league as close to the WRX format as possible, since in WRX your starting position means everything, especially considering starting from the front is way more advantageous over starting from the back row. This means we would be able to hold an x number of heats which lead into a Semi-Final where the winner and the runner-up of the overall heat standings start on pole position in there respective semi-finals.
     
  • The ability to spectate and toggle to be a spectator in a lobby. This isn't mandatory but both for future official Esports events and leagues such as AOR, having a dedicated streamer broadcast and commentate on your event makes the overall league and event much more open to the audience and again improves the overall quality of the league. (Who doesn't love to watch close side-by-side racing)

The aforementioned features would be necessary to hold any kind of decent RX league if you ask me, some to enable a league at all, others to stay as true to the WRX format and some to open it up to people who aren't involved in the event/league. And seeing as there is an official Esports partnership these features would probably be highly appreciate by both simracers, league organizers/coordinators and the organizers of the Esports events. 

These were my suggestions and I really hope these features are looked over and implemented as soon as possible, even though I know being a developer is a lot of work and they over get overlooked, the community would appreciate these features a lot (Even more than custom liveries, which are also nice to add some individuality to both singleplayer, multiplayer, competitive leagues and Esports events). On top of that if they're already in development or are going to be taken into development, organizers and league coordinators would love to know ahead of time so they can plan and schedule.

Edited by SereneLogic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, I've read it all. 😅

Aggree. We need multiplayer rallycross without AI + spectator mode, for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding a bit on top of this, there have been serious mentions of desyncs and disappearing cars in Multiplayer....Might want to fix that too 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is what we need to run Rally and RX championships/leagues. It is a bit frustrating but in my honest opinion they killed multilayer in DR2.0. A combination of both DiRT Rally + DiRT4 would be better than DiRT Rally 2.0 game. For me, it is unfinished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The need for this is rising more and more as time goes on.

There is only so much I can challange myself on time trial. 

Why was this the only competitive outlet we were given on this game at release? When clubs and leagues were so vast on the previous two games? 

 

This is supposed to be the official WRX game. Yet we have been given the most mediocre multiplayer ever seen.

multiplayer itself sure wasn’t ever a massive thing on Dirt. I understand that as Rally is rally. It isn’t a circuit race type style. But WRX is and we were given such small options with it in multiplayer. 

I myself don’t play RX much as I don’t have the pace the guys above have on circuits. But rally I enjoy and believe I have good pace on. So clubs and leagues are almost essential for me in this game series. 

On top of that the lack of communication from codies even within these official forums is pretty dismal. 

I agree with everything said above and tbh we need something soon. 

New tracks and rallies are great don’t get me wrong codies. But we need improvements to parts already in the game not just additions (bar the addition of clubs) 

COME ON CODIES LET GET THIS GAME MOVING FORWARD AND MAKE IT GAME WE CAN ALL ADORE NOT JUST LOVE 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I've just replied to your post on reddit, but I wanted to put this on the forums too so my response was in more than one place. I've structured it loosely around condensed bulletpoints that others have shared, so hopefully it's in a clear enough format:

"We're not fixing FFB as it's not broken for us"

We're definitely making changes in this area - but OP is right that we had to do a lot of investigative work and talk to a lot of people to ascertain what was 'missing'. Also, as we've alluded to elsewhere - not everyone has been affected/been discontent with the FFB out of the box, so we've had to discuss about how to implement it as well (and that's still something we're trying to define). Please bear in mind that we also have a wealth of data here about people's wheels, settings, etc - so it's all a big balancing act to please as many people as possible. 

In terms of the process of how we refine and change FFB; it’s something that needed key individuals in the studio to be given the time to look at in detail, whilst also trying to balance this against giving them the time to fix other issues and work on upcoming features. There's also a lot less people available to take part in this process now the game's out, as the service team is smaller than the base game team. There are demands from all areas of the company, with numerous projects going on and F1 2019 launching two months earlier than ever before. In that respect, it's something that's ended up taking us a little longer to tackle, just by sheer number of people available - and that's something we're really sorry about. Throw into the mix that we want to get it validated by pro drivers, and you can see how the weeks have gotten away from us.

And finally, just on the point of FFB: with DiRT Rally 2.0 we very much focused on simulating the effects that come through the front wheels as purely as possible, and we (and external validators) were pleased with how authentic the simulation felt in that regard. However on previous games, rather than just science, we used a little more art in some of the effects (especially with regards to the chassis effects, environmental effects, etc) - and that's the area where we've seen the most feedback. 

We didn't think we were launching it 'broken' and felt we had achieved and validated a realistic representation of steering feedback when driving a rally car. The sheer volume of [negative] feedback we've had definitely took us by surprise, and it's taken us a considerable amount of time to find something that a/ tackles the feedback we've had, and b/ is still an improvement on all previous iterations of DiRT games. We're getting there, and I look forward to sharing with you in the coming weeks when these changes/options will arrive. Our car handling team have done an absolutely stellar job when it comes to DiRT, and they've been valiant in going through the more nuanced feedback we've received about how it feels. 

"We're not adding clubs because there aren't enough players in this game" 

Clubs is in for testing now. It's very likely Clubs will arrive in June - which we know is late, and it's disappointing because the same thing happened with DiRT 4's Clubs coming quite late post-launch - but it's a huge undertaking to get right. We have also needed to refactor the backend RaceNet system and make significant changes to the web interface as a result. However, we're seeing some brilliant retention numbers despite the lateness of this feature, and we're confident it'll be more than ready to provide infrastructure for our competitive plans later this year (as well as all your plans). 

Just while we're on competitive - the next update will include human-only MP rallycross. We've always been listening, and that comes later this month in Update 1.4.

"We only push out the DLC we promised because that makes us money while fixes don't" 

The health, longevity and player sentiment is just as important to the commercial stuff as DLC is. There's no point releasing DLC if people aren't playing the game - if no-one's playing it, who's going to buy DLC? And conversely, who will let us make DLC if no-one's buying it? Plainly: everyone who's worked on DR2.0 loves it and wants to make more for it for as long as we're allowed!

But back to the main issue raised: the new environments are made by our amazing Environment Artists and Level Design team, and the vehicles are made by our Vehicle Artists. It's a predominantly different set of skillsets that tackle the bugs. However, player satisfaction and happiness is just critical to our commercial goals as DLC.

"We're working on VR instead" 

"We're not working on VR because of other fixes" 

We're working with an external development company to make this. There's a VR build in the studio right now - the lion's share of work is done, and we're onto looking at comfort features. More on that soon!
 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the in-depth reply especially regarding FFB, @ChristinaMc. Very appreciated to hear more even when it isn't only rainbows and sunshine.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc That is exactly what we wanted to hear, thank you so very much. As I said in my reddit post, we do understand certain things are taking a long time due to either back-end issues or as with the FFB the rather complicated and complex nature of the problem. But we're glad to have some solid information to go by now, that's what my goal was when I created that post, to get more information to act on and convey to all members of the community. 

I do hope nothing was conveyed too negatively, I have nothing but respect for every single person working with or in the game. ❤️

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc Thank you for that relatively comprehensive update. I know I have been one of the more vocal protagonists about FFB and other issues so I genuinely appreciate the candid response. 

WRT FFB, it would be useful if more information could be shared on how the team believes the in game settings should be utilised to get the most ‘natural’ feel as a starting point for discussion. I can tell that at least some of the ‘missing’ forces are there, but without XML edits you simply can’t feel them. 

Very good news about VR, I had serious concerns about delivery but this is comforting information. My Rift is ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, SereneLogic said:

Since the announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0 leagues such as AOR (ApexOnlineRacing) have been carefully planning and preparing their leagues to accommodate for the demand of competitive league featuring DiRT Rally 2.0 However since the release of DiRT Rally 2.0 it has become apparent that in the release build of the game neither Rallycross or Rally leagues, at the quality that AOR is known for, are possible. I heavily suggest that the following features are added as soon as possible, seeing as the latest announcement mentions a partnership regarding Esports events. People will want to prepare for this, both existing and new simracers, so in order for that to be possible, leagues need to be possible.

The tools in order to make a Rally league possible are easily explained, clubs (or that's what they were called in DiRT 4). This would enable league organizers and coordinators to set up and run championships with a large group of people, without needing every single participant to be present in a lobby, which is the luxury and quality we're used to since DiRT Rally and DiRT 4.

In order to make a Rallycross league possible three, preferably four, features would need to be added. These features are as follows:

  • The ability to disable AI in Multiplayer Lobbies, since at the moment we're unable to filter out the AI. (Which also ruins the joy for me personally to do Multiplayer at all. I'm sure some people appreciate it, but at least making it optional would benefit either side of this argument)
     
  • The ability to select which type of starting grid we use in a single race, i.e. a horizontal lineup (as WRX has during Heats) and a staggered lineup (as WRX has during Semi-Finals and Finals). As right now we're always forced into a heat format if we select to run a single race, which really doesn't feel right. An idea for this would be to look at the DiRT 4 feature where we could decide between the format "Timed" and "Position".
     
  • The ability to assign starting grid positions to each participant in the lobby (this requires both previous points). This would enable us to hold the league as close to the WRX format as possible, since in WRX your starting position means everything, especially considering starting from the front is way more advantageous over starting from the back row. This means we would be able to hold an x number of heats which lead into a Semi-Final where the winner and the runner-up of the overall heat standings start on pole position in there respective semi-finals.
     
  • The ability to spectate and toggle to be a spectator in a lobby. This isn't mandatory but both for future official Esports events and leagues such as AOR, having a dedicated streamer broadcast and commentate on your event makes the overall league and event much more open to the audience and again improves the overall quality of the league. (Who doesn't love to watch close side-by-side racing)

The aforementioned features would be necessary to hold any kind of decent RX league if you ask me, some to enable a league at all, others to stay as true to the WRX format and some to open it up to people who aren't involved in the event/league. And seeing as there is an official Esports partnership these features would probably be highly appreciate by both simracers, league organizers/coordinators and the organizers of the Esports events. 

These were my suggestions and I really hope these features are looked over and implemented as soon as possible, even though I know being a developer is a lot of work and they over get overlooked, the community would appreciate these features a lot (Even more than custom liveries, which are also nice to add some individuality to both singleplayer, multiplayer, competitive leagues and Esports events). On top of that if they're already in development or are going to be taken into development, organizers and league coordinators would love to know ahead of time so they can plan and schedule.

I subscribe and copy/paste everything for the Rally discipline. I have suggested something similar in DR1 steam forums a few years ago.

Obviously Rally has different settings that need to be unlocked so that we can configure the league, but nothing that the DR1 league system doesn't have yet.

- Ability to define what cars can run, individually, instead of class filtering (DR1 has this)

- Ability to define what penalty times to be used (Normal or Hardcore). DR2 has 4 seconds penalty for a recovery, for example, which is too low.

- Ability to define running order manually (needed for the first event), and the ability to define wether or not the running order will be automatically after the first round, taking into account the positions. Allow a manual define so that we can have our own running order rules and therefore define them in the league.

- Ability to define wether or not assists are allowed. (DR1 has this)

- Ability to define what kind of equipment can be used. (DR1 has this)

- Ability to set penalties to each player in the league website version, and see which penalties the player had so far, on which stages or services.

- Ability to pair the league with an in-game rally lobby, restricted to the lobby's maximum drivers, so that we can stream the events. Right now, and also on DR1 Rally leagues, there's no way to spectate the people playing in it. We should be able to assemble a lobby, choose the league that we are competing for (just like RallyX), and it would automatically set the current stages for everyone, with all the league parameters, all of it locked. This would allow for a streamer to join the event and spectate people. The finishing countdown would have to go away, as that's a big spoiler that someone already ended. Instead, when you finish the stage you get taken into the leaderboards and if you wish, either wait for everyone to finish or go back to the lobby or to the loading screen and wait until everyone's ready.

- Ability to define staggered starts. Since we can't have the D3 staggered start, simply let us define the time of the staggered start. Basically,  everything is the way it is right now, but you simply have a countdown timer on top of the screen while waiting at the start of the stage. You won't see any other driver in the stage, but the staggered start will be there and this will make things more immersive, will help the streamer and the whole eSports environment because people will be able to watch how each driver passes through certain locations. If you throw them all at the same time, you will lose moments.

It's a big task, but this is needed and it's imperative if eSports are to have any success at all in this game. eSports isn't just about playing it, it's about people watching it and so we need the tools for it. Last year's DiRT 4 World Championship, sponsored by Volkswagen, was a successful test (at least that's what I consider, but I don't have actual data to support it) and despite some of these things being already an advancement over DR1, everyone noticed there could be some improvements done to the multiplayer, by adding/tweaking these tools in order to improve the spectator and the public watching the event.

You could notice how special moments would be lost because everyone was racing at the same time, and the streamer could only watch one or two drivers at once. The staggered start would make it up for a lot, and it's a quite simple process (compared to what has been asked before, a DiRT3 staggered with visible cars), by adding a countdown timer to the top of the screen.

 

This might be a lot to ask for, and in fact some of it is, but most of the base structure is already there. It simply needs that final detail, that final refinement, which will make the whole difference and allow for this game to stay up in the charts for a long time. And now with content being added in DLC... that's just what we need - tools to keep the esports alive. 🙂 

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

I subscribe and copy/paste everything for the Rally discipline. I have suggested something similar in DR1 steam forums a few years ago.

Obviously Rally has different settings that need to be unlocked so that we can configure the league, but nothing that the DR1 league system doesn't have yet.

- Ability to define what cars can run, individually, instead of class filtering (DR1 has this)

- Ability to define what penalty times to be used (Normal or Hardcore). DR2 has 4 seconds penalty for a recovery, for example, which is too low.

- Ability to define running order manually (needed for the first event), and the ability to define wether or not the running order will be automatically after the first round, taking into account the positions. Allow a manual define so that we can have our own running order rules and therefore define them in the league.

- Ability to define wether or not assists are allowed. (DR1 has this)

- Ability to define what kind of equipment can be used. (DR1 has this)

- Ability to set penalties to each player in the league website version, and see which penalties the player had so far, on which stages or services.

- Ability to pair the league with an in-game rally lobby, restricted to the lobby's maximum drivers, so that we can stream the events. Right now, and also on DR1 Rally leagues, there's no way to spectate the people playing in it. We should be able to assemble a lobby, choose the league that we are competing for (just like RallyX), and it would automatically set the current stages for everyone, with all the league parameters, all of it locked. This would allow for a streamer to join the event and spectate people. The finishing countdown would have to go away, as that's a big spoiler that someone already ended. Instead, when you finish the stage you get taken into the leaderboards and if you wish, either wait for everyone to finish or go back to the lobby or to the loading screen and wait until everyone's ready.

- Ability to define staggered starts. Since we can't have the DR3 staggered start, simply let us define the time of the staggered start. Basically,  everything is the way it is right now, but you simply have a countdown timer on top of the screen while waiting at the start of the stage. You won't see any other drive in the stage, but the staggered start will be there and this will make things more immersive, will help the streamer and the whole eSports environment because people will be able to watch how each driver passes through certain locations. If you throw them all at the same time, you will lose moments.

It's a big task, but this is needed and it's imperative if eSports are to have any success at all in this game. eSports isn't just about playing it, it's about people watching it and so we need the tools for it. Last year's DiRT 4 World Championship, sponsored by Volkswagen, was a successful test (at least that's what I consider, but I don't have actual data to support it) and despite some of these things being already an advancement over DR1, everyone noticed there could be some improvements done to the multiplayer, by adding/tweaking these tools in order to improve the spectator and the public watching the event.

You could notice how special moments would be lost because everyone was racing at the same time, and the streamer could only watch one or two drivers at once. The staggered start would make it up for a lot, and it's a quite simple process (compared to what has been asked before, a DiRT3 staggered with visible cars), by adding a countdown timer to the top of the screen.

 

This might be a lot to ask for, and in fact some of it is, but most of the base structure is already there. It simply needs that final detail, that final refinement, which will make the whole difference and allow for this game to stay up in the charts for a long time. And now with content being added in DLC... that's just what we need - tools to keep the esports alive. 🙂 

i think it's right that anyone can choose and setup the car he likes.  i like it more how it is now than in dr1.    anybody can choose the car and the setup he prefers,  i really don't understand what's the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i think it's right that anyone can choose and setup the car he likes.  i like it more how it is now than in dr1.    anybody can choose the car and the setup he prefers,  i really don't understand what's the problem

I think you misunderstood what I said about the cars. I was refering to the car selection for the league.

For example: Right now in the lobbies you can only define which class people can play (R5, Group A, etc). In DR1, you can define that by car instead of by class. This will allow us to have a Group A Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI run in the same lobby/league as a Up to 2000cc Subaru Impreza 2001, a Ford Focus 2001 and whatever else people want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I think you misunderstood what I said about the cars. I was refering to the car selection for the league.

For example: Right now in the lobbies you can only define which class people can play (R5, Group A, etc). In DR1, you can define that by car instead of by class. This will allow us to have a Group A Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI run in the same lobby/league as a Up to 2000cc Subaru Impreza 2001, a Ford Focus 2001 and whatever else people want.

i see, but i still think it's out of reality,imho

in real life drivers all having same car/setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No dude, the setup is up to each driver to use their own. What this feature brings is the possibility of having a group of cars that shared competition in the WRC, but due to the current class limitation in-game we can never put the Lancer Evo VI in the same lobby as the Subaru Impreza 2001, although these two competed with each other back in 2001.

This way we could define a car selection in a league/lobby to this:

"Available cars:

- Evo VI

- Ford Focus 2001

- Subaru Impreza 2001"

If we are only allowed to define which class, the Lancer Evo VI will only be available if the lobby is set as Group A, together with the Lancia and the others. Makes no much sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierneyIf you don't mind me tagging you personally, I have a few questions about future support/update of a competitive nature. But before I do that, lovely to hear clubs are finally releasing, can't wait to get my hands on them to create some amazing rally leagues next to the RX league that's currently collecting sign-ups and is nearing 30+, incl. world champion Joona P (https://twitter.com/ApexOnRacing/status/1128627198271852544). 😉

My questions are rather short so here we go:

  1. Can we expect a spectator mode/toggle to be added in the near future, so that people might actually watch a race instead? This'd mainly help with my RX league, with such fast and popular field, people'd love to be able to watch a livestream with commentators commentating over the racing, but at the moment with the lack of a proper spectator mode/toggle, this isn't possible.
     
  2. Is it possible we can get an option to select which type of grid we want to have in Single Race mode (i.e. 5-man heat lineup or a 6-man final lineup)? And if so, when could we expect such an option?
     
  3. Along with 2. a feature that is highly requested amongst RX league, to give an as accurate to real FIA WRX as possible, is a way for the host to customize the grid order. In leagues this'd mean, since we're with more than 8 people, we hold sep. heat races through the Single Race mode (hence question 2), so we can't have a proper semi-final or final at the moment regardless of whether 2. is implemented. Therefor an option to customize the racing grid, such as F1 has, would be appreciated.

Those are my humble questions that really are on my mind as a league organizer and coordinator, these would really help. 

In advance, I'd like to at least thank you for taking the time to read through my post 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good questions 🙂

Right now let’s focus on getting Clubs out the door and see what you guys can do with the options presented. It likely has room to grow and evolve based on feedback, but that obviously depends on staff priorities (GRID is the big dev project right now).

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Good questions 🙂

Right now let’s focus on getting Clubs out the door and see what you guys can do with the options presented. It likely has room to grow and evolve based on feedback, but that obviously depends on staff priorities (GRID is the big dev project right now).

It's unlikely that clubs is a solution to any of the aforementioned issues as clubs never tended to focus on live events, rather spacing those out across a certain timespan, often weeks. Hence why I was getting ahead of the trend by asking the important questions.

As with clubs, I'm well aware of its options and possibilities, I'm planning a Rally League as we speak, but Rallycross is and always will remain a live event. 🙂

Furthermore, with the Esports deal made before/at release, I'd think all of the features mentioned in the questions would positively add to the event, as for one without a spectator mode it's going to be difficult to broadcast any Esport events. 

P.S: Christina came back to me some weeks ago, detailing me some of the plans/features they were working on, from a community's perspective it'd be nice to know a bit more than just Season Announcements to know where the game is going, particularly in a competitive aspect.

P.P.S: Going back to Esports for something, majority of the Esports community would rather see a split between Rally and Rallycross, instead of mixing the two as done with the DiRT World Championships. On top of that, a championship series rather than a single tournament does rate very highly in the community. It'd be nice if this feedback was noted. 🙂

P.P.P.S: You mentioned staff priorities and GRID, should we now be worried of DiRT Rally 2.0 staff getting put on GRID, and DiRT Rally 2.0 thus receiving less resources to fix bugs, process feedback and develop new features/options from said feedback?

Edited by SereneLogic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with SereneLogicI was also thinking if it's possible to implement spectator modes for rallies as well (if the rallies were staged just like in Dirt 3 for example then that would be perfect!). I believe that having spectator modes, and some kind of "order" for the leagues would really be interesting. If there was a mode where given an order A, B, C , D  - they start the stage in that order and everyone could follow their progress real-time (e.g. on the website).

For now, it feels like I just join a club, jump in, do the stages, later check the results online and that's it (obviously I still enjoy that!). I understand that it's maybe too much work for DR 2.0 and maybe it's for later games, but I just wanted to say that implementing something similar to real-world rallies would be interesting for some people as well.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, SereneLogic said:

It's unlikely that clubs is a solution to any of the aforementioned issues as clubs never tended to focus on live events, rather spacing those out across a certain timespan, often weeks. Hence why I was getting ahead of the trend by asking the important questions.

As with clubs, I'm well aware of its options and possibilities, I'm planning a Rally League as we speak, but Rallycross is and always will remain a live event. 🙂

Furthermore, with the Esports deal made before/at release, I'd think all of the features mentioned in the questions would positively add to the event, as for one without a spectator mode it's going to be difficult to broadcast any Esport events. 

P.S: Christina came back to me some weeks ago, detailing me some of the plans/features they were working on, from a community's perspective it'd be nice to know a bit more than just Season Announcements to know where the game is going, particularly in a competitive aspect.

P.P.S: Going back to Esports for something, majority of the Esports community would rather see a split between Rally and Rallycross, instead of mixing the two as done with the DiRT World Championships. On top of that, a championship series rather than a single tournament does rate very highly in the community. It'd be nice if this feedback was noted. 🙂

P.P.P.S: You mentioned staff priorities and GRID, should we now be worried of DiRT Rally 2.0 staff getting put on GRID, and DiRT Rally 2.0 thus receiving less resources to fix bugs, process feedback and develop new features/options from said feedback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney With Clubs now being released, could you please convey the message that we'd like Germany and Sweden ASAP in there? That's my only feedback at this moment FOR CLUBS. As for Multiplayer, see my earlier reply to your post, I'd still like a reply to those concerns, if you wouldn't mind of course. 🙂

Edited by SereneLogic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SereneLogic said:

@PJTierney With Clubs now being released, could you please convey the message that we'd like Germany and Sweden ASAP in there?

Team's aware, and they will likely get added soon 🙂

Can't give an exact date as I'm not privy to the info, but it's certainly on the to-do list.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Team's aware, and they will likely get added soon 🙂

Can't give an exact date as I'm not privy to the info, but it's certainly on the to-do list.

Appreciate the quick answer, but I'd still like to know whether the team's aware of the community's request to have:

  • Spectator Mode for Multiplayer Lobbies
  • Starting Grid Type Selection (i.e. Heats vs. Final) for Single Race mode/format in Multiplayer Lobbies
  • Custom Starting Grid Selection for Single Race mode/format in Multiplayer Lobbies

Then I'll promise to stop bothering you. 😛 (I hope I'm not being too bothersome)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney Quick thing about clubs, seems setups revert to a default setup either at the next service or at the next stage. This is probably a really big bug that actually needs to be fixed asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×