Thank you Codemasters

Hi guys,

I would like to thank you for the experience I had yesterday in the career mode (Spain with Stratos).

There was one short stage in wet with showers, and another one (long) on dry surface. The game suggested wet tyres, obviously - no one wants to crash because of late braking or aquaplaning.

However.. I expected to overheat those wet tyres on the long stage (as they have 1 durability and 1 performance brand new). Therefore I went for gamble, and took medium dry tyre.

Absolutely loved how the car felt on the wet stage, I was scared AF, also did one late braking which was really scary. Finished with 5s loss.

But then on the dry stage AI (who obviously took wet tyre) got 30 sec loss on me. And that flow in the second stage, absolutely loved it!

Thank you for the opportunity to make these decisions. Also thank you for better repair system, which is so much more realistic as it was in previous games.

I think you also made a huge progress with tarmac surface, it feels much more natural now.

What I really miss is the possibility to set manual H pattern with clutch + manual sequential gearbox as it was in DR1, also FFB is a bit odd sometimes, and Racenet connectivity is really anoying tbh.

Overall I would like to thank you for the game you delivered, it's so much fun I forgot to go sleep last night :classic_laugh:

Thank you so much guys,

Kaleb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

Thanks Codemasters ! You've done a great job.

Despites some tweaks already described by the community, WHAT A GAME YOU HAVE DONE !

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

I clicked on this thread expecting it to be a dig at CM about FFB, Racenet or something else but it wasn't so +1 to you!

Despite the shortcomings which everyone is very aware of, its a fantastic game which builds on both DR1 and D4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Best Rally game ever.

Finally a real RBR beater

From The Improved handling, fantastic stages, addition of Time Trial, addition of online multiplayer, great Freeplay championship designer, improved career...... this is a worthy DR1 successor.

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

There are certainly gripes, but the core game seems very strong and, if they can get the details ironed out, this is surely going to be the best game in the DiRT series. 

Hoping to get to grips with the base content before the DLC starts to arrive!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Almost perfectly game. CM must delete RaceNet and give us credits in freeplay and this game will be awesome.

16 minutes ago, Exxan said:

Almost perfectly game. CM must delete RaceNet and give us credits in freeplay and this game will be awesome.

Credits in Freeplay would be too easy....... and pointless when you can use every car fully upgraded in Freeplay anyway.

I had a similar kind of experience with the tires in New Zealand as in the OP. I was battling for the win with the AI. Just two stages to go, and I was in second place just a second behind the leader. The first stage was a long one (over 12km) and the second was a short one (4km). Game suggested me medium tires, but I decided to gamble, and went for the soft ones. It was a risk worth taking. Absolutely hammered the AI on the long stage, and grabbed a stage win by 40 seconds. Of course my tires melted down on me, but because the last stage was so short, I lost only 5 seconds there, and managed to win the event. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

it's a HUGE step forward compared to dr1............

the physics feel more realistic and understandable

the car weight are correct

even the rwd (i'm not a master of it) feel a lot more smooth then dr1

have 680hours on dr1 , i suppose to have 2000 on this game,maybe more..............

i'm almost moved

original.gif

Edited by teknoid85
  • Haha 1