Can someone explain career mode please, makes no sense.

11 minutes ago, MarkHam207 said:

Ok but upgrading your cars makes no sense this time around because they remain the same specications compare the cars you choose for free in Timetrial and Custom Championship 

The visual specifications data doesn't change but the car is slower in Stage 1 engine and its pieces wear faster if you don't upgrade. This is only affected in the career mode. Freeplay has everything unlocked.

so no benefits if you don't play careermode? In the end it's all about online comparisons so why waisting time grinding 

3 minutes ago, MarkHam207 said:

so no benefits if you don't play careermode? In the end it's all about online comparisons so why waisting time grinding 

What? Online challenges and eSports are part of the Career Mode. Freeplay is just that, freeplay. If you don't intend in joining the online challenges, esports or singleplayer career mode, then no there's no difference for you outside of that. And then when Leagues/Clubs come, there might also be an option to use career engineers or my team.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, bn880 said:

The lack of hardcore damage in the career is.. totally astounding to me.  That is one of the main reasons for hardcore damage as it affects repair costs.  If the repair system is a problem there should be a version of the career aimed at hardcore damage to somehow make it realistic.

Career mode is already a grind with buying cars, staff, upgrades, repairs. Do you really want to be in a position where you are at an unfair disadvantage for the online events because all your money has gone into hardcore repair costs.

Its costly keeping maps team going without that added burden.

4 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Career mode is already a grind with buying cars, staff, upgrades, repairs. Do you really want to be in a position where you are at an unfair disadvantage for the online events because all your money has gone into hardcore repair costs.

The answer is yes.  😄

(To clarify, a career and MyTeam should be available to use only for single player if someone desires.  And that should not require building and configuring the entire thing or faking it so that it doesnt affect your multiplayer (online) experience.  I focus mostly on offline stuff and that's what a career should be first, any MP stuff IMO is 2nd priority. (so the two should be possible to separate) )

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Riggs said:

What? Online challenges and eSports are part of the Career Mode. Freeplay is just that, freeplay. If you don't intend in joining the online challenges, esports or singleplayer career mode, then no there's no difference for you outside of that. And then when Leagues/Clubs come, there might also be an option to use career engineers or my team.

Ah now it makes sense to me. I only want to drive and complete online. So Timetrial is some sort of offline if i understand correctly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bn880 said:

The answer is yes.  😄

To clarify, a career and MyTeam should be available to use only for single player if someone desires.  And that should not require building and configuring the entire thing or faking it so that it doesnt affect your multiplayer (online) experience.  I focus mostly on offline stuff and that's what a career should be first, any MP stuff IMO is 2nd priority. (so the two should be possible to separate)

It's already separated. In Freeplay you have everything a career mode has. You can make your own championship, or just play a stage, full list of cars unlocked and upgraded, multiplayer lobbies, everything. I don't see what's the grasp here. For those who enjoy a full immersed career mode, it makes sense having a money system and progression, just like in real life. Life is a grind.

And it should indeed have hardcore damage turned on to make it even more realistic and difficult. But I believe they are turning that on eSports entries.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkHam207 said:

Ah now it makes sense to me. I only want to drive and complete online. So Timetrial is some sort of offline if i understand correctly?

Timetrial is both offline and online. You are able to compare times with online leaderboards there or with your personal best or just your friends. But the real online action that matters are the Online Challenges, inside the career mode (Events panel). It's also there where eSports will probably happen (at least it was like that in D4). There are a few communities, like AOR and RaceDepartment that organize their own championships and events, which they might use Freeplay for the lobbies, or just wait for the leagues system where the My Team feature can be enabled.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It's already separated. In Freeplay you have everything a career mode has. You can make your own championship, or just play a stage, full list of cars unlocked and upgraded, multiplayer lobbies, everything. I don't see what's the grasp here. For those who enjoy a full immersed career mode, it makes sense having a money system and progression, just like in real life. Life is a grind.

And it should indeed have hardcore damage turned on to make it even more realistic and difficult. But I believe they are turning that on eSports entries.

Well you are actually proving my point:  I don't want to MAKE a custom championship.  I WANT to have progression, money system, team, the grind AND real hardcore damage and without having to custom build this or fake it which is the only way to get that with Freeplay right?

So your last sentence basically acknowledges the problem but diminishes it's importance.  My point is exactly that it is more important to many people than eSports.  Not to mention that eSports have a perverted amount of arcade stuff already so the  (not 100% hardcore) hardcore damage should/could be turned on.

2 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Well you are actually proving my point:  I don't want to MAKE a custom championship.  I WANT to have progression, money system, team, the grind AND real hardcore damage and without having to custom build this or fake it which is the only way to get that with Freeplay right?

So your last sentence basically acknowledges the problem but diminishes it's importance.  My point is exactly that it is more important to many people than eSports.  Not to mention that eSports have a perverted amount of arcade stuff already so the  (not 100% hardcore) hardcore damage should/could be turned on.

lol nevermind, i was misreading

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Timetrial is both offline and online. You are able to compare times with online leaderboards there or with your personal best or just your friends. But the real online action that matters are the Online Challenges, inside the career mode (Events panel). It's also there where eSports will probably happen (at least it was like that in D4). There are a few communities, like AOR and RaceDepartment that organize their own championships and events, which they might use Freeplay for the lobbies, or just wait for the leagues system where the My Team feature can be enabled.

Helpfull bro, thnx

Can't wait for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voidhawk said:

Its costly keeping maps team going without that added burden.

I’m the same as @bn880 - I think Codemasters underestimate the masochistic nature of the average rally fan... 

Remember, we’re the people who get up at 3am armed with a ham sandwich and a torch with no batteries and spend 2 hours traipsing through a forest to see 50 cars go past us, then do the same thing again in the afternoon!

Feel free to make the reward higher for increasing the risk, as was done in DR1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hey guys, quick question regarding career mode....what are the regulations for repairs after each stage?

I did several stages last night and wasn't given any options to service my vehicle as it would just put me at the starting gate of the next stage when I pressed continue...usually with a beat up car lol

Also is there no way to change tire pressures?

Cheers

12 minutes ago, KuruptCDN said:

Hey guys, quick question regarding career mode....what are the regulations for repairs after each stage?

I did several stages last night and wasn't given any options to service my vehicle as it would just put me at the starting gate of the next stage when I pressed continue...usually with a beat up car lol

Also is there no way to change tire pressures?

Cheers

Hi @KuruptCDN you should be able to see which stages have service areas by viewing the championship details on the MyTeam events screen and then selecting each event. Hope this info helps.

On 25/2/2019 at 14:46, Benniz said:

C'è un modo in cui si può regolare la difficoltà dell'IA in modalità carriera? La difficoltà standard è troppo semplice.

in modalità carriera non si regola IA, aumenta difficoltà come nel primo Dirt Rally. gli ultimi livelli sono elite e masters

28 minutes ago, KuruptCDN said:

Ciao ragazzi, domanda veloce sulla modalità carriera .... quali sono i regolamenti per le riparazioni dopo ogni fase?

Ho fatto diverse fasi la scorsa notte e non mi è stata data alcuna possibilità di riparare il mio veicolo in quanto mi avrebbe appena messo al cancello di partenza del palco successivo quando ho premuto continua ... di solito con una macchina lol battuta

Inoltre, non c'è modo di cambiare la pressione dei pneumatici?

Saluti

non si cambia pressione ai pneumatici, puoi scegliere solo la mescola.

I read so many perplexities about career mode. personally the only problems encountered in the game are, FFB very lacking, review lighting in the shadow stages and improve additional headlights, hardcore damage (very little hardcore). ico-driver I brought it to the highest level, the chief engineer at the highest level, 2 engineers at the highest level. all doing the career, the money is also advanced to buy all the historical cars up to class H3. Tomorrow I start the ELITE level, it's very hard, I had to push more than the first Dirt rally. I understood how to take advantage of the soft rubber compounds (recommended the medium !!!!), very appreciable the strong degradation of the surfaces. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi @KuruptCDN you should be able to see which stages have service areas by viewing the championship details on the MyTeam events screen and then selecting each event. Hope this info helps.

Yes it was thank you!

3 hours ago, ale81udine said:

I read so many perplexities about career mode. personally the only problems encountered in the game are, FFB very lacking, review lighting in the shadow stages and improve additional headlights, hardcore damage (very little hardcore). ico-driver I brought it to the highest level, the chief engineer at the highest level, 2 engineers at the highest level. all doing the career, the money is also advanced to buy all the historical cars up to class H3. Tomorrow I start the ELITE level, it's very hard, I had to push more than the first Dirt rally. I understood how to take advantage of the soft rubber compounds (recommended the medium !!!!), very appreciable the strong degradation of the surfaces. 

Im not sure but these 2 links might help with a couple of the problems you mentioned.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/disable-hdr-to-prevent-annoying-dimness-in-game.25513/

9 hours ago, Voidhawk said:

Totally agree. This is the reason difficulty isn’t adjustable. They want people to earn their team for online events and eventual esports.

if ever you run out of cash you can always do a championship in the Fulvia which has cost free repairs.

Personally I’m ensuring I have a collection of fully upgraded cars before working way up. Imagine being in Masters and then deciding to use your newly purchased car with stage 1 engine....... you really want a collection of cars so that you don’t face relegation each time you use a new car!

That's really incredibly stupid imo. The "online" and "Career mode" people are basically different demographics, with only a small % of people wanting to do both.

Ruining people's career mode, for online is just as dumb as limiting online for Career mode. The two do not belong tied together.

Game just turned into a wait for sale for me unfortunately, because I'm a career mode guy and have 0 interest in racing online on this game.

And no, custom championships are in no way a replacement for career mode. If the F1 games had no difficulty slider, and I was relegated to only custom championship mode, I wouldn't even buy those games lol. Only reason I'll still buy this game at all, is because I love Rally. Maybe I'll wait for VR support.

Edited by DarkRedslayer
  • Agree 2

In fairness, you do rattle through the early championships quickly. But I agree it would be nice to have the custom options for difficulty and hardcore mode in career, not just custom play.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

In fairness, you do rattle through the early championships quickly. But I agree it would be nice to have the custom options for difficulty and hardcore mode in career, not just custom play.

Curious: are you perhaps saying that there IS hardcore damage in the later career championships?  Because I would be surprised (haven't gotten there yet to check as I am also debugging/adapting some stuff as I go though)

What happens when you beat the highest difficulty?

Does the career in that branch just ends?
Can you then choose which difficulty you want to use?
Or will you just continue using the highest difficulty forever?

I think the best way would have been, I you can always choose the current difficulty or lower in which you already won the championchip.

Not seen the Madcowie name for a few years, used to make tracks for rFactor if I remember right amongst other things.

Had a few races against you as well, maybe on Jouni's server??.