Can someone explain career mode please, makes no sense.

Maybe because I bought the early access version it doesn't help as I have more than one car in my garage but I don't see any objectives.

Watched a video on you tube of some guy with one car (lancia) and he did 4 rallies and then went back to career screen. Nothing on the screen suggested he had completed any part of it.

Thank god free mode was put in as career mode is awful!

• Disagree 1

Totally disagree. I love the career mode.

If you didn’t play Dirt Rally 1 then it may seem confusing.

Ill try to give a brief guide.

you start in “Open” tier. Your aim is to complete championships in and get promoted

Open (6 events 4 stages in each)

Clubman (6 events 6 stages in each)

Professional (6 events 8 stages in each)

Elite (6 events 10 stages in each)

Masters (6 events 12 stages in each)

You buy cars and upgrade them. You can use whatever vehicle you wish to progress. If you finish a championship top 3 you are promoted to next tier. If you finish last 3 you are relegated.

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

Agreed, it's not that clear, but I actually really like the career mode structure in DR1 and DR2. Compared to D4 which tried something ambitious but did it poorly (IMO), DR1 took a simple mode and did it well.

As above, you start in a low level and move up until you find your level. In DR1 that was five levels, I'm not sure how it works in the new one, but seems to be similar (not sure if the level goes up or down within those brackets). You find your level but there's always a competition once you do - the first level is a bit too easy for my liking so far, but you see how it goes.

The championship is generated randomly each season, so you complete the events in a different order each season. The number of credits you generated was tied to a multiplier based on the assists you have, so fewer assists results in bigger winnings.

My biggest concern with it at the moment is that it doesn't seem to incorporate all the new updates - especially hardcore damage mode - and I am worried that DLC content (stages) won't be incorporated into the mode, seeing as we've had no word whatsoever about how DLC content will be useable yet.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 2

Yeah, I agree that it's not very clear if you haven't played DR1. 

I am really glad they included freeplay as that provides a much more accessible way to ease your way into the game. 

Fair enough but where does it state what level you are. Ie clubman, elite etc?

Is there any way one can adjust the difficulty of the AI in career mode? The standard difficulty is way too easy.

2 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I am very worried that DLC content (stages) won't be incorporated into the mode, seeing as we've had no word whatsoever about how DLC content will be useable yet.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

really??? 😱😱😱  why the hell not?

4 minutes ago, Benniz said:

Is there any way one can adjust the difficulty of the AI in career mode? The standard difficulty is way too easy.

What championship are you in now? Open is ridiculously easy, once you get into Club it is a bit less forgiving, and once you're in Professional you cant be making many mistakes, so I feel its just the first championship that's stupidly easy.

45 minutes ago, madcowie said:

Fair enough but where does it state what level you are. Ie clubman, elite etc?

When you select Events and have the side scrolling-list look at the cup symbol. It tells you the level of your cup 🙂

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, austinb said:

What championship are you in now? Open is ridiculously easy, once you get into Club it is a bit less forgiving, and once you're in Professional you cant be making many mistakes, so I feel its just the first championship that's stupidly easy.

Yeah, grind through the first couple of championships and you’ll start to get something competitive - similar to DR1.

5 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

really??? 😱😱😱  why the hell not?

Well everywhere that the I have to make a rule that says “if they own this DLC then do X but if not do Y” means coding and UI amends.

I highly doubt DLC content would appear in historic championships for example, because how would it work for people who don’t own the new stages?

The championships in career mode are at least generated at random each season so hopefully at very least it will pick from the content you have access to, but my worry is that there won't be any provision for a 9 (or hopefully more) round season, because some people wouldn't have all the content to run this. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing there though, so no point fretting about it until we know more.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Benniz said:

Sadly no, the difficulty increases as you move through the tiers. It would be preferable to have sliders to modify damage and the ai, and I guess if enough ask for it, it could be added later. There are no technical reasons preventing their inclusion, just additional development, and the designers vision for what career mode should entail.

Edited by Hexcaliber

So basically they have taken the online section in dirt 4 where you level up and down against others online and instead put you against ai times. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 minute ago, madcowie said:

So basically they have taken the online section in dirt 4 where you level up and down against others online and instead put you against ai times. Thanks for the help everyone.

Kind of....... except it’s the same as Dirt Rally 1 which is older than Dirt 4

11 hours ago, Voidhawk said:

Totally disagree. I love the career mode.

If you didn’t play Dirt Rally 1 then it may seem confusing.

Ill try to give a brief guide.

you start in “Open” tier. Your aim is to complete championships in and get promoted

Open (6 events 4 stages in each)

Clubman (6 events 6 stages in each)

Professional (6 events 8 stages in each)

Elite (6 events 10 stages in each)

Masters (6 events 12 stages in each)

You buy cars and upgrade them. You can use whatever vehicle you wish to progress. If you finish a championship top 3 you are promoted to next tier. If you finish last 3 you are relegated.

Oh no, they did that stupid **** where you can't choose your difficulty again? :/ I hope someone finds a way to mod that.

Will we play a a champioship with 12 rallys in the career? (Like a WRC season). 

1 hour ago, Delta111 said:

Will we play a a champioship with 12 rallys in the career? (Like a WRC season). 

Yeah if you want to visit each country twice 😂

LOL!. No!😁 man, please... I want to play a championship similiar to WRC and I am sure that most players too. Its a simple wish for me and other players.

4 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Oh no, they did that stupid **** where you can't choose your difficulty again? 😕 I hope someone finds a way to mod that.

Earn your way up? The whole point of it being easier at the start is to A) get you used to the physics, and B) let you build up a bank of credits. You can get through the first few championships pretty quick and easily, a lot of people seem to start choking up on Professional though with the AI getting a bit tougher. YMMV but if you aren't someone who is already contending for top MP time trial records, I think the last thing you'd want to do in this game is jump to the highest difficulty or anywhere close to it... The AI in 2.0 aren't a push over

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Earn your way up? The whole point of it being easier at the start is to A) get you used to the physics, and B) let you build up a bank of credits. You can get through the first few championships pretty quick and easily, a lot of people seem to start choking up on Professional though with the AI getting a bit tougher. YMMV but if you aren't someone who is already contending for top MP time trial records, I think the last thing you'd want to do in this game is jump to the highest difficulty or anywhere close to it... The AI in 2.0 aren't a push over

Its dumb, because if you don't play the game all the time, when you come back you're just screwed. It's the main reason I eventually lost interest in Dirt Rally. I couldn't come back and continue where I'd left off, because I'd just be blatantly out matched at that point, and couldn't adjust options to fix it. And it just wasn't fun because I am not a masochist who wants to get dominated every race, because I play other games lol.

TLDR it's a really stupid way to set up a game. Dominating with ease is not fun, and getting dominated is not fun.

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Its dumb, because if you don't play the game all the time, when you come back you're just screwed. It's the main reason I eventually lost interest in Dirt Rally. I couldn't come back and continue where I'd left off, because I'd just be blatantly out matched at that point, and couldn't adjust options to fix it. And it just wasn't fun because I am not a masochist who wants to get dominated every race, because I play other games lol.

TLDR it's a really stupid way to set up a game. Dominating with ease is not fun, and getting dominated is not fun.

I agree totally with that. Thankfully free play gives you the option to do what you want instead. I don't see a reason to play career mode. Make your own championships then just set the skill level to your own skill. If you win up the skill next time you play.

in freeplay you dont have a garage or crew, no upgrades, cant buy cars, cant earn credits

To be honest the career mode this time makes more sense than anything we've had before. You have a tight budget and repairs are quite demanding on it, there's a sense of progression as you improve your team and your cars and you have to take cautious decisions, both on management and while on the stage. To get things better, all of this is going to influence your opportunities and performance on the online challenges and probably on clubs and eSports.

It's all connected, as it should be, and it makes the game more tight together because you end up using most of its features. The only disconnected part of the game is Freeplay, which is fine for casual gamers who just want to come home after a hard day of work and enjoy the game without wasting time.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Riggs said:

To be honest the career mode this time makes more sense than anything we've had before. You have a tight budget and repairs are quite demanding on it, there's a sense of progression as you improve your team and your cars and you have to take cautious decisions, but on management and while on the stage. To get things better, all of this is going to influence your opportunities and performance on the online challenges and probably on clubs and eSports.

It's all connected, as it should be, and it makes the game more tight together because you end up using most of its features. The only disconnected part of the game is Freeplay, which is fine for casual gamers who just want to come home after a hard day of work and enjoy the game without wasting time.

Totally agree. This is the reason difficulty isn’t adjustable. They want people to earn their team for online events and eventual esports.

if ever you run out of cash you can always do a championship in the Fulvia which has cost free repairs.

Personally I’m ensuring I have a collection of fully upgraded cars before working way up. Imagine being in Masters and then deciding to use your newly purchased car with stage 1 engine....... you really want a collection of cars so that you don’t face relegation each time you use a new car!

Edited by Voidhawk
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ok but upgrading your cars makes no sense this time around because they remain the same specications compare the cars you choose for free in Timetrial and Custom Championship 

On 2/25/2019 at 6:49 AM, RodgerDavies said:

My biggest concern with it at the moment is that it doesn't seem to incorporate all the new updates - especially hardcore damage mode - and I am worried that DLC content (stages) won't be incorporated into the mode, seeing as we've had no word whatsoever about how DLC content will be useable yet.

The lack of hardcore damage in the career is.. totally astounding to me.  That is one of the main reasons for hardcore damage as it affects repair costs.  If the repair system is a problem there should be a version of the career aimed at hardcore damage to somehow make it realistic.