Patch Notes for 1.16 - Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.16 discussion thread.

Patch 1.16 is being released for all platforms today. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Please be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed. 

Thanks all!

• Thanks 1

What exactly did you change? Will PS4 and Xbox now have the tyre temperatures PC users had or the opposite?

• Agree 1

Good and thank you.

Now what about the green flag glitch, the false race results, the pitlane AI letting others leave the garage before passing them, AI opponents passing through you in the pitlane online, the incorrect tyre choice by the pitcrew even when the right one is selected, etc. ?

Will you fix those as well or do we have to wait for the "big bois" to complain on twitter again?

• Agree 2

If there was a problem with the tire depending on the frame rate, was there a problem between PS 4 and PS 4 pro?

16 minutes ago, StanJones27 said:

Is it just my wheel that continues to lose force feedback feeling during races?

If it's a T300 you need to turn down the FFB strength and update the firmware so you can run in Fan always On mode.

hmmm three months between updates and that's it. One change. Kind of telling where their focus is now.  

2 hours ago, saukisu said:

If there was a problem with the tire depending on the frame rate, was there a problem between PS 4 and PS 4 pro?

This is what I would like to know, but in terms of One X versus One S versus Xbox OG.

• Agree 1

F1 2018 patch v1.16 contains an update for a tyre physics issue, where the temperatures behaved differently depending on frame rate. The fix will bring temperature behaviour in line across all three platforms, PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and regardless of frame rate.

Reading a bit into this one, but framerate must have been the biggest issue although they also mention bringing them all in line between the different formats so maybe there was some other stuff they did not mention. 

Really happy though that this was addressed in only a few weeks of this being made known.  Have to hand it to Codies because normally this late after development nothing would have been done so for that I say nice job.

Looks like it was well received by the "top":

1.thumb.JPG.812df4f0ba9f71c649e91309c192c951.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.241699fc87f2d4927bea9ad32e774b69.JPG

Have not been able to test it myself yet but if they truly made it easier overall then that would be a total codies syndrom again. "Fixing by breaking something else."

Everyone just wanted the framerate to not be tied with the tyre temps and not the whole management to become easier.

• Agree 1

Hold up... We waited months for an update, that we didn't ask for or need, whilst you ignore other serious concerns? 

Typical. 

• Agree 1

Also habe von dem update außer tausend neuer Bugs nichts gefühlt. Zum einen bleibst du beim Pitten einfach stehen und kannst nicht losfahren dann hatte ich schom zweimal in kurzer Zeit dass der wechsel von der Animation darin endend dass ich einen blacksreen habe was sau abfuckt... Dann könnte ich eben als ich in die Box reinfuhr (Im quali) nichts machen da der Typ draußen stande und Hamilton längst drinnen stand dann als ich zrück in die garage ausgewählt habe waren keine monitore da als ich dann viereck drückte ging gar nichts mehr!

Also bitte bringt es wieder in ordnung oder stuft wieder auf 1.15 zurück! Es nervt ihr bringt einmal in zwei monaten ein update und die scheiße ist verbuggt wie sau! Ernsthaft stellt ihr euch so dumm an, kenne kein Spiel mit so vielen buggs ernsthaft... und dann noch 70€ verlangen Frechheit...

3 hours ago, MrGhostO1O said:

Looks like it was well received by the "top":

1.thumb.JPG.812df4f0ba9f71c649e91309c192c951.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.241699fc87f2d4927bea9ad32e774b69.JPG

Have not been able to test it myself yet but if they truly made it easier overall then that would be a total codies syndrom again. "Fixing by breaking something else."

Everyone just wanted the framerate to not be tied with the tyre temps and not the whole management to become easier.

Tyre temperatures for console controller users were very uncontrollable. Sadly, the wheel users can and will take massive advantage from this. At least now people using controllers can be more challenging.

Why are people relating this to the earlier changes to Tyre cooling? Yes they dumbed it down and the elites felt hard done by but isn't this another issue entirely? If they had sorted this out earlier, maybe the pad users wouldn't have had such a bad experience.

Frame-rate directly impacted tyre cooling, lower frame-rate equals tyres not cooling down correctly... On One X or PS4 pro, running in 4K would give different results to running 1080p. And that's just dumb. Multiple people had been describing it anecdotally as an issue with tyres not cooling down on straights as you would expect. Maybe if they had investigated that, they wouldn't have completely fragmented the user base.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If it's a T300 you need to turn down the FFB strength and update the firmware so you can run in Fan always On mode.

How can I run in Fan Always on mode with t300?

They shouldn't be going backwards. Keep the tyre model and make it work correctly. They need to stop brushing issues they know about under the carpet, and communicate them.

Also, they should add whatever changes they've just made to the tyre model for the frametime-related overheating to their base code for 19 so we're not shouting about it come the summer. PC crew will be all over that on the Beta.

i dont know if this is related to the update, i assume it is as i was playing my career every day for the past week or so up until the update but ever since 1.16 i have not been able to progress past hungary q1 (the race i was at when it updated) my game keeps crashing at the end when the game is saving, ps4 error code ce-34878-0. having tried every workaround i can find on the internet (initialize ps4,turn off autosave, skip the entire hungarian event, delete and reinstall the game etc) nothing seems to be working. tried to do a classic grand prix from the main menu around austria and it crashed while not having anything to save. its totally broken in every part is my point. this happened to anyone else? it cant be my ps4 (pro) as every other game still works fine. 

has this happened to anyone else? if so, any advice? i dont expect codemasters to even ackowledge this message having read through the thread so far it seems yet again they have made more unhappy than happy. any help would be greatly appreciated......also for those that arent at 110 ai, does anyone else have to spend time restarting q1 basically working out how fast the ai are to match it with yourself? im always around 103 but have to fluctuate between 100 - 106, the ai are horrible on some tracks at certain corners it really puts a spanner in finding how fast they need to be for a competitive, fun, realistic race, also the ai always go slower in q3, ***?  also why the heck cant we watch the fight for pole if we are in the garage or havent made it through, in 2019 you still dont have the technology? or the smarts? or the desire to make a proper game? i expect a full rebuild of the game outside of the track for the next generation. your releasing a very good track racer (when its working) with features thats no more fleshed out than mobile games. even f1 2006 championship edition has you covered in so many areas codemasters. im seriously going to buy it if i can find it and i would encourage anyone else that wants to play a decent f1 racer with some element of a career thats actually immersive. time to stop resting on your laurels and picking up your yearly cheque from the loyal f1 fans. build a proper game, keep us involved in the game pre and post race, why cant i ask the running order? why cant i ask where i will come out from the pits? copy team mates setup when your struggling? you could add so much to this game to make it a proper game for fans but you dont, i dont understand why not. if you make it like a sim all you have to do is include the option to turn these things off. i dont think that there is one fan amongst you in that building, i really dont. you can see it through and through the game it is skull and barebones and has been since 2011. no one wouldve batted an eyelid if you came out with the "tyre temps' "ers control" and the unbelievably hyped "formation lap" "r and d system" and "interview system" had came out 5 years ago. mobile games could do that! sort it out. 

Edited by ScottCelticf1
add more detail

I'm interested about the fact that everyone seems to think that the 60fps tire temperatures were the 'correct ones' despite there being no evidence either way. I'd guess @DGreco to have tested the game mostly on PC, but that is a guess. Jon Armstrong (DR2.0 Rally Consultant) shared his setup that he uses on PC, but that proves absolutely nothing anyways.

If the tire temperatures were made on PC, I would be quite sure they were designed on "120 fps".

Hi,you must make a patch about to update all the cars,for example the sponsor missionwinnow on ferrari and for me you must change the colour of mercedes it is more grey than silver.Do it silver like f1 2017.Thank you