codemasters exposed

so after some testing on baku, i have realised that power and lightweight in the RnD chart is completely useless

i was running a full aero setup on baku in a dual qualy. and i realised i went faster when i crossed the line by a large amount compared to a full power + lightweight combo

so i went to do some testing. what i did is park my car right after the final chicane, reverse to the wall, and then full throttle all the way to the end of the start finish straight

i first used a power + lightweight combo, about 450 power and 450 lightweight, 100 aero

then i used a aero combo, 100 power, 200 lightweight, 500 aero

guess what, i went at least 10km/h FASTER for top speed on the full aero run when i got to the end of the straight

even comparing specific points, i still accelerate faster with full aero setup

so i conclude that power and lightweight are useless, a full aero setup is always the best, since power and lightweight actually make you accelerate slower and have a lower top speed

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I tried this. I'm still slower than every bot. Nothing is going to change that. You go fast, they go faster, you go faster, they go even faster.

You cannot do anything to give you consistent wins. The game is designed like a slot machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

so after some testing on baku, i have realised that power and lightweight in the RnD chart is completely useless

i was running a full aero setup on baku in a dual qualy. and i realised i went faster when i crossed the line by a large amount compared to a full power + lightweight combo

so i went to do some testing. what i did is park my car right after the final chicane, reverse to the wall, and then full throttle all the way to the end of the start finish straight

i first used a power + lightweight combo, about 450 power and 450 lightweight, 100 aero

then i used a aero combo, 100 power, 200 lightweight, 500 aero

guess what, i went at least 10km/h FASTER for top speed on the full aero run when i got to the end of the straight

even comparing specific points, i still accelerate faster with full aero setup

so i conclude that power and lightweight are useless, a full aero setup is always the best, since power and lightweight actually make you accelerate slower and have a lower top speed

Different tracks need different setups.  For example, full aero wouldn't be any good for Monaco.

Maybe we have all been guilty (I certainly have been) of thinking that if we just throw as much power as possible at the car, the car will go faster.  We are now learning that that's not the case.

F1 drivers spend hours each weekend going round and round trying to tweak the setup for the best result for that particular track.  We have to learn to do that with the R&D cards that we have available

As mentioned in the survey that Codemasters put out, it would be great if we could save some setups, let's say 3, and then when we know which track we are about to race on, we could pick the setup we think best suits that particular track

Edited by TH61
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, TH61 said:

Maybe we have all been guilty (I certainly have been) of thinking that if we just throw as much power as possible at the car, the car will go faster.  We are now learning that that's not the case.

but on a straight drag race

how does a max power max lightweight lose to max aero????????????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WongYewXuan said:

but on a straight drag race

how does a max power max lightweight lose to max aero????????????

Just goes to show how important aero is in a drag race with these type of cars.  Why it does?  I dont know, im not an aero engineer.  Lets just accept that it does and learn

• Like 1

The challenge designing a race car is everything interacts, it is very much an optimization exercise. Improve one aspect and another will get worse.  It's a never ending circle to find the best balance

F1 engines are tuned for maximum hp which determines the fastest velocity the car can reach.  This results in lower torque at the same engine displacement. HP determines top speed and torque drives acceleration as set by the power curve of the engine. The F1 engine makes something in the range of 792 hp and 260 lb-ft @ 16,000 rpm.

From a very rough drag race perspective, lower weight improves acceleration, more aero increases top speed.

Road racing adds the complexity of compressing braking zones and maximizing momentium/handling in the turns where you want to prioritize corner exit speed, especialy corners leading into the longest straights.

This is why all the interacting aspects you are permitted to change other than the engine so important

• Agree 1

Extra  boost at Mexico qualifig 1 lap 3 times i checked after 2 test the extra boost is ther its great to  feel the power, Probably an error but this is a great acleration-. 

This is my setup i win today all my duals 30  continuously

52749951_379976452554849_3742085467475017728_n.jpg

52977046_379976445888183_7568026602286612480_n.jpg

• Agree 1

Wow - that's fast - nice!    

Similar setup on this end.

5470BBD0-DC1D-4306-81F9-85C5CE224C92.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Like 1

I'm trying an all aero setup. So far, not helping in Grid Starts as noted in a new topic I started.

C7DB194D-44C8-437B-AFDD-83088918A072.jpeg

Edited by slayton
  • Like 1

So its useless to grind any rare card if aero is the most important

Yeah, i had tried it at baku or other straight line track,  my speed could reached 330km/h, with other build before i only could reached 316km/h...

4 hours ago, StumpfPeter said:

lets wait for the new update , but i win olso grid starts with this setup))

I'm doing ok also, especially when Europe is awake and playing 😎

Late in the day for me seems to be a lot of bot's with massive hp.

• Like 1

Hi dier my frend ,   

i try my best for melbourne ,settings ,qualifaing setup we have now 13 days to start the next event and new update...i hope the new update will by great.

ciao

53121429_2255982457757393_8475767313230987264_n.jpg

53294652_382342308984930_3585414797207797760_n.jpg