It's Release Day,is FFB still broken?

the problem is who says what is right or wrong or...if people have installed wheels correctly or have other issues effecting the outcome of ffb. there are many variables . most wheels ffb are fine.

• Disagree 4

13 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

most wheels ffb are fine.

No they're not. At all.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

24 minutes ago, Decks said:

No they're not. At all.

No they're not, have tried all sorts on xbox version, even porting over identical settings from DR1 and changing my wheel rim type in the settings.

It feels terrible, turned it off, have asked MS for a full refund as it is a product that does not function as it should.

How this problem got passed QC is beyond me, if codemasters had a demo beta several weeks back perhaps this could have been fixed in time for release.

There is no vibration or feedback and no messing with settings is going to change that on console.

Codemasters should compensate us with a free upgrade to deluxe version which is quite expensive in the store.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

most wheels ffb are NOT fine, my wheel works fine in all other games. dirt rally and dirt4 and others. infact pc users are altering files to make it work lots better

honestly codemasters should have some kind of dlc compensation for all players at this time, i was in on the pre order deluxe mess, sad.

ultimately the reviews will suffer

Edited by ch3sty

On PC you can fix it yourself by editing an XML file.

Console users have to wait at least 2 weeks for the verification by Microsoft/Sony. Codemasters can't do anything about that.

• Disagree 1

Chill out people, FFB problems have been officially acknowledged already and they've already said they will look into it right after the RaceNet and crashes are fixed. It's important to get everyone to play first.

As for the weak FFB vibrations, put the Suspension and Tyre Friction up to the maximum and it should be playable until it's patched. That's what I did and it's been working reasonably for me. SAT and Center Force are working alright without any issues.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

I've tweaked mine from my guide and to be honest it's ok now. And by ok I mean just about.

What I would like is some clarity, clarity on what Codemasters think. 

1. Was the FFB intended to be weak ?  (My genuine feeling is yes, watch any pre release video from Codies / YouTubers or streamers and none of them have FFB)

2. What time frame they think they will have a fix / patch.

3. Will they just increase the strength as per my guide ?

I think it is very reasonable to ask for an answer to these questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

the problem is who says what is right or wrong or...if people have installed wheels correctly or have other issues effecting the outcome of ffb. there are many variables . most wheels ffb are fine.

Possibly true, I'm with a Fanatec CSW 2.5 here and there is something a little bit off with lack of feedback if I am quite honest. (I guess one expects a bit more feel from all the weight transfer etc) Hitting stuff though provides excellent feel 😄

Edited by bn880

Haha I've been arguing with dgeesi0 in another forum about this.

He's bloody brilliant at driving but knows nothing about the obvious issues...

Edited by Grumps82
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think because most FFB has been overdone in many games, and this is a big step in the other direction and towards realism for a modern rally car,  but I really have to say what I am feeling now seems a little bit too lacking.  (I mean, even if you take a regular road car on the limit you can tell there is a little bit of a difference)

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Grumps82 said:

He's bloody brilliant and driving but knows nothing about the obvious issues...

Yeah, that's the thing about arguing with people over FFB and physics. Even when there are clear issues, some people just don't see them the same as others, even if it might be "obvious." No offense to dgeesi0 at all, it's totally fine, I just get peeved when such a person goes around claiming it's fine and it's everyone else who's wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Grumps82 said:

He's bloody brilliant and driving but knows nothing about the obvious issues...

while you dissagree you debated that i didnt understand feedback or that codemasters have no idea what they doing or they understand force feedback. its bad that people have issues but not everyone does. my wheel is fine. i can feel all i need to feel. yet some people say the wheel doesnt work. mines fine. there is so many variables that could effect feedback or people relating ffb to other games for eg which are totally wrong. or having no actual experience of what it really feels like.

obviously it is not great if you are one of the ones effected with a ffb issue. but making statements like its broken when some are playing fine shows that it isnt totally broken. just not right for some.

i do know about the issues ive just been trying to point out its not just a simple tweak. you dont know who has whatever issue related to wheels. if they installed things correctly. if some other prog is effecting the wheel. there are many factors. you even said with tweaking you were really enjoying the game.

23 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Yeah, that's the thing about arguing with people over FFB and physics. Even when there are clear issues, some people just don't see them the same as others, even if it might be "obvious." No offense to dgeesi0 at all, it's totally fine, I just get peeved when such a person goes around claiming it's fine and it's everyone else who's wrong.

some people dont have the issues. so they comment on their experience. why would someone without the issues say different ? it might be obvious if you have the issues. if you dont then it isnt obvious . that much is very " obvious " no offense at all its totally fine. i wasnt claiming it was fine for all i claimed it was fine for me and some. why would you take it so literally ? its like saying its totally broke . when it isnt. you dont have to agree just realize some are playing totally fine. i have driven many of the actual cars in the game in real life. so i do understand what it feels like.

as said about 100x i hope codemaster or the wheel manufacturer you and others use bring out fixes to help those with issues. thrustmaster have already updated drivers first day of the early edition was released. thrustmaster are also known for having weak ffb in dirt games.

dgeesi0, have you tried playing a stage in DR2 and then immediately going back and trying a stage in DR1? Even you should sure be able to spot the huge differences...

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

dgeesi0, have you tried playing a stage in DR2 and then immediately going back and trying a stage in DR1? Even you should sure be able to spot the huge differences...

why are you using dirt rally as a benchmark of whats right ? it is like using rbr as a benchmark of whats right. this is a different game. difference doesnt mean its correct. this on gravel is better than dirt rally. obviously if you dont have a issue.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

why are you using dirt rally as a benchmark of whats right ? it is like using rbr as a benchmark of whats right. this is a different game. difference doesnt mean its correct. this on gravel is better than dirt rally. obviously if you dont have a issue.

Well, I don't know what else to say about that. Glad you're having fun at least.

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

Snip

I think you seriously need to read everything I have written. I haven't come on here or any other forum / discord channel and slagged everyone off and said it's broken, it doesn't work blah blah blah.

What I have done is spent hours testing, hours tweaking and a few hours creating a guide for people that works in most cases.

Its easy for people to come into a forum, gives Devs **** for the issues that are there. I haven't don't this.

I've come in to this forum, shared my experience, given my thoughts on the issues and offered most people a significant boost or some way of getting added feeling in their game. 

I've given suggestions as to what I think it could be, suggested help for the weird tarmac feeling. 

When you have an hour. Read everything I have written in here, in OcUK and in steam. I think you'll find I've been quite helpful and very neutral towards the devs and quite positive about the issues and how to potentially fix them..

Edited by Grumps82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do feel that saying that the FFB being broken might be a stretch, there's effectively enough information to control the cars effectively.  There is some missing sensations, though their addition probably won't cause me to control the cars even better but it'd certainly help the immersion factor.  Being that the addition of the missing sensations would make the game feel just a little more like actually driving a car, whereas without that information I'm constantly more so reminded that I am turning a fake steering wheel. 

The tarmac feels like literal nothingness, when I'm driving in a straight line that is even more apparent as the wheel is doing nothing.  Vastly different from the intense road feel in their F1 games.  Granted, I certainly don't expect a rally car to feel like an F1 car for how much of the road texture they feel, but I would expect more than nothing...

The gravel almost feels like nothing,  but it has the ever so slight feel of something.  The bumps and jumps don't do anything particularly interesting, feeling the bumps and jumps definitely won't improve my performance at all.  It'll actually hinder it, it'd make it harder in a more realistic sense.  Thus, improved immersion.  

However ignoring the fact that these sensations are missing, the most important parts of the FFB to effectively drive the cars is there, and for my steering wheel are also plenty strong enough using the game's default settings (as in, I don't need to edit the .xml file to increase force).  But I am curious about why two of the FFB settings are grayed out, and would like for them to add in more information.

Project Cars 2 also has issues with the lack of road feel on certain tracks , though in that game it's only certain tracks.  Some tracks have plenty of road feel.  Some tracks seem like it's missing that information entirely so it's like you're driving on clouds.  I found the inconsistency rather odd.  This is one thing I have liked about Codemasters games, they had greater consistency between how the tracks feel.  Except now they feel like nothing, but at least all the locations feel like nothing, lol.  I hope they add something to make it more interesting feeling, but in the meantime I can play the game without issue.  The cars handle like a dream.

7 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

But I am curious about why two of the FFB settings are grayed out, and would like for them to add in more information.

Those two settings are specific to the rumble motors in gamepads.

• Confused 1

On ps4 pro I have no tyre slip feeling. I can't feel the car losing grip. And the option to adjust these is not present (greyed out)

That said, the SAT is working fine and feels great. The game is perfectly playable. Just lacks the finer feelings that I'd like. 

FFB on T300RS is fine - with newest drivers and XML editing, much better than DR1