DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather and racing times

Bright light moods are too rare in the game. Also there isn't any race starting in the morning. What about adding a late morning setup with clear sky, slightly colder tones and just different shadows orientations ? That would be welcome.

Another thing is the sky texture during rain, especially in NZ. It's way too detailed : most of the time the sky under heavy rain just looks grey, with no real directional lighting. A change on this would be nice.

+1 for the general gist of this.

I'd prefer the weather through each 'day' to be a bit more consistent and for a wider variety of daytimes to be represented - early and late morning being an obvious shout. Apparently some environments have a sunrise setting, but I don't think I've seen it yet.

I would like to know wether the rain probabilities work at all even on multiplayer games. I noticed there's different weather probabilities on the running order (which is great) but so far the % has been 0. Having a roadbook on this would be awesome, and if it actually works it just makes the tyre gambling even more fun, rather than just check if the surface on the next stage is dry or wet.