Sign in to follow this  

Will Codemasters compensate us for FFB issues on launch?

I think they should as there alot of disappointed people who have a product that does not function as described

A free season pass would be a nice complementary thought, along with some sort of refund if you bought the deluxe edition.

• Disagree 7

FFB is subjective. The car turns left when you turn left, right when you turn right. There are also centering forces at play which are the most important forces. It functions. 

Can it be better? Absolutely. Hopefully they will adress some of the issues. 

Shall I also ask for compensation because I think the Mini Cooper understeer too much? Or that there is too much rainy stages? 

If you feel you can't play the game because you don't like the FFB, get a refund and pick it up at a later date. 

• Agree 2

It is absurd to ask for compensation for the FFB problem, just as it is absurd for Codemasters to release the game without a successful FFB. It is missing all surface information so it would be nice to have a patch this week ...

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Lol FFB if you set up it properly works awesome, you want a free season pass for a little problem?? 

Properly? FFB is broken, your entitled to a full functional game at launch especially when you pay £55 for digital version.

No amount of tinkering will fix it, it is a fault and needs fixing. Unhappy customer, last time i pre order anything from codemasters.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

It's such an odd situation. It's either a bug, which you'd think was easy to fix, or they meant to ship it like this. Did they think people would be happy with it? Did they think people wouldn't notice? Or did they just run out of time and not want delay the game? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Decks said:

It's such an odd situation. It's either a bug, which you'd think was easy to fix, or they meant to ship it like this. Did they think people would be happy with it? Did they think people wouldn't notice? Or did they just run out of time and not want delay the game? 

It's hard to imagine they shipped it out knowingly like this. They had Jon Armstrong (a rally driver IRL) on the team for handling feedback, yet even he could not detect how dull and broken the FFB was? Not to mention they literally just had to go back and play two of their own games to see the difference after 5 minutes of playing.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a bug brought in by the day one patch they didn't anticipate...

3 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

It's hard to imagine they shipped it out knowingly like this. They had Jon Armstrong (a rally driver IRL) on the team for handling feedback, yet even he could not detect how dull and broken the FFB was? Not to mention they literally just had to go back and play two of their own games to see the difference after 5 minutes of playing.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a bug brought in by the day one patch they didn't anticipate...

IRL rally driver is pretty irrelevant in this case though, as if they were aiming to simply replicate how a real steering wheel feels out on a gravel stage, it would be pretty much like it is right now. There is not a whole lot of things going on through the actual wheel other than self aligning. The rest is felt through the chassis and your seat. 

But the vast majority of us doesn't have a motion rig, so we need to add those forces through the wheel instead. Many of them are missing at the moment. 

To state that the game is unplayable just because you miss jolts when landing or getting fake gravel rattle through the wheel, that is a BIG stretch. 

Dirt Rally was first released without any self aligning at all. Now that, that is proper broken FFB. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, bogani said:

IRL rally driver is pretty irrelevant in this case though, as if they were aiming to simply replicate how a real steering wheel feels out on a gravel stage, it would be pretty much like it is right now. There is not a whole lot of things going on through the actual wheel other than self aligning. The rest is felt through the chassis and your seat. 

Well, I have to 100% disagree with you there. Obviously not everything the car is doing comes through the wheel, but a LOT does.

• Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Well, I have to 100% disagree with you there. Obviously not everything the car is doing comes through the wheel, but a LOT does.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree then. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bogani said:

But the vast majority of us doesn't have a motion rig, so we need to add those forces through the wheel instead. Many of them are missing at the moment. 

To state that the game is unplayable just because you miss jolts when landing or getting fake gravel rattle through the wheel, that is a BIG stretch. 

Dirt Rally was first released without any self aligning at all. Now that, that is proper broken FFB. 

i guess those with motion boxes with effects through the seat will have similar issues like those with lack of FFB as the info seems to be missing or corrupt?

4 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

i guess those with motion boxes with effects through the seat will have similar issues like those with lack of FFB as the info seems to be missing or corrupt?

Those motion platforms actually use a different method to get their data. It's all UDP and network traffic so it'll be a different payload for the data model than you would be getting for the FFB in the wheel. Though if you're really savvy and don't want to wait, no reason you couldn't attempt to map the UDP model to a FFB model...

Edited by CatBadders

I actually have 2 small bass shakers mounted on my wheel platform, fed via UDP from DR 2.0 through the SimHub app. That gives my totally configurable fine detail that FFB doesn't really handle well. Things like vibration when wheels lock up and chassis vibration from engine RPM. This works the same in DR 1 and DR 2.0.

There is still some missing FFB detail in DR 2.0 that should at least be configurable for those that want it.

• Agree 1

I think the longer it goes on without them acknowledging there's a problem with it, the more apparent it's becoming that there isn't a bug and the FFB is working as intended. I'm getting the feeling it may be a long time before we see any improvements to it. Which is a shame as the handling model is absolutely sublime.