Sign in to follow this  

Why has none of the Reviews noticed the FFB issues?

Im going to sound like a broken record and im sorry but.

I am fearful that the current FFB is exactly how Codemasters intended it to be, apart from the fact its too weak. I assume those increased "ffb_force" settings will be patched into the game.

If you watch any pre release footage from Codies, Youtube or Streamers, there really isnt alot of FFB coming through the wheels, its al very smooth and lovely.

Again, im purely speculating. We have had no answers or clarity regarding this. I think its fair to ask for an explanation.

Edited by Grumps82
  • Like 1

Most Youtubers like Gamermusle and Jimmy Broadbant mentioned the weak ffb but most people failed to listen.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RoccoTTS said:

Most Youtubers like Gamermusle and Jimmy Broadbant mentioned the weak ffb but most people failed to listen.

That and FFB settings are a very personal thing so a lot of the bigger streamers with nice gear spent a decent amount of time getting it all dialed in how they like. It may be weaker than they want, but with enough tweaking they got it to a very acceptable state

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, RoccoTTS said:

Those two were basically hacking in support for their direct drive wheels during their pre-launch streams, so I dont think they really talked about the state of FFB and certainly werent in a position to comment on FFB for us mere mortals using consumer level gear.

31 minutes ago, mshagg said:

Those two were basically hacking in support for their direct drive wheels during their pre-launch streams, so I dont think they really talked about the state of FFB and certainly werent in a position to comment on FFB for us mere mortals using consumer level gear.

As i said in my previous post, they both mentioned the weak ffb in their live streams. I heard it myself while watching their live streams.

2 minutes ago, RoccoTTS said:

As i said in my previous post, they both mentioned the weak ffb in their live streams. I heard it myself while watching their live streams.

What we are dealing with is not "weak FFB".  It is either completely missing certain effects or their scaling factors are such that the details are not felt over the self aligning torque.  Neither jimmy nor gamermuscle described these problems in any sort of detail in their streams so no - people didn't 'fail to listen'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

20 hours ago, mshagg said:

What we are dealing with is not "weak FFB".  It is either completely missing certain effects or their scaling factors are such that the details are not felt over the self aligning torque.  Neither jimmy nor gamermuscle described these problems in any sort of detail in their streams so no - people didn't 'fail to listen'.

Definitely there is no road feel only self aligning force and way over exaggerated cattle grid effect. In normal driving it feels like an old wheel with rubber band FFB.

Gamermuscle said that there is only SA in FFB, but he thought that is only because of his press release and not the final version.

• Agree 1