Crash after every stage and black textures, lights blinking.

Hello!

First of all, THANK YOU for this MASTERPIECE of a game.. It truly is that good. However...

I am experiencing a crash after I complete every single stage, luckily, the progress is saved right before.

I have two messages, the most common: "Access violation at address 0xcca250c0 in module 'igd10iumd64.dll' + 0x2050c0.
igd10iumd64.dll"

I will add the dump files here. It happens every time.

My system:

OS = Windows 10 

CPU = i5-6300HQ @2,3 Ghz (4 cores)

RAM = 25GB 

GPU = R9 M375 (4GB)

Have DX12 and the latest drivers

Another BIG issue, night lights.. they do not work, I have a square blinking light trace and around 50% of the objects (buildings, fences, signs, rocks) blink or stay pure black (without a texture but only black color)

I have uploaded my graphics to the latest, which comes with a Dirt performance update, but both issues where there before and after.

How can I check what DirectX is the game using? There doesn´t seem to be any place to check/change it.

89d76f77-4c88-46de-85e1-bf5f4e000932.zip

Edited by Velse
fix

Hello !

Have this crash since 4 days ... don t find any way to fix it !

Last Nvidia Driver, change all panel and game graphic options, check steam cash game, do all i can....

Very boring...:classic_sad:

You fixed ? tell me how please !

Edited by BoTy quattro

Hey there. Well, I got access to the game today so I am still experiencing it.

Tomorrow I will check it out from work, if I find anything I will share it here.

igd10iumd64.dll is the Intel graphics driver. As you can see in the minimum system requirements, Intel graphics is not explicitly supported. You must wait for Codemasters to confirm that the game works perfectly with Intel graphics.

Edited by Lollerke

@Velse could you let me know what graphics card you are using? You can check that in Dxdiag. Also if you could message me a video of the black flickering issue that would be great. Glad you're enjoying the game.

6 hours ago, CM_Ads said:

@Velse could you let me know what graphics card you are using? You can check that in Dxdiag. Also if you could message me a video of the black flickering issue that would be great. Glad you're enjoying the game.

hello, me, have a 780 ! Last Nvidia driver but i try the 5 differents drivers before... Clean uninstall every time !

When i click to continue after stage, have 1/2 seconds the transition display, and lose graphic signal cards, after i listen the sound of the game since few second, and the game crash...

Not sure to have the time to capture it, will try...

And maybe i will love the game too, if i can do stage without restart stage after stage...:classic_wink:

Edited by BoTy quattro

Find this port in steam forum, post here coz he explain the problem very well, and very better english than mine...

"Crash upon return to main menu from any kind of race

See title. Career mode, historic, time trial, doesn't matter. Visuals freeze up upon choosing the option to go back to main menu after the race ends. The sounds and music keep playing though, and I can hear that I'm interacting with the menu when I move the cursor around the screen. After about a minute of waiting, the game crashes without giving an error report. Wondering if any others have been experiencing the same thing and came up with a fix for it."

Edited by BoTy quattro

11 hours ago, BoTy quattro said:

Find this port in steam forum, post here coz he explain the problem very well, and very better english than mine...

"Crash upon return to main menu from any kind of race

See title. Career mode, historic, time trial, doesn't matter. Visuals freeze up upon choosing the option to go back to main menu after the race ends. The sounds and music keep playing though, and I can hear that I'm interacting with the menu when I move the cursor around the screen. After about a minute of waiting, the game crashes without giving an error report. Wondering if any others have been experiencing the same thing and came up with a fix for it."

@BoTy quattro could you link me to that steam thread? Thank you.

Sorry, I totally thought that I had written that too, my bad.

My system:

OS = Windows 10 

CPU = i5-6300HQ @2,3 Ghz (4 cores)

RAM = 25GB 

GPU = R9 M375 (4GB)

Have DX12 and the latest drivers.

-------------

I am aware that I am barely on the minimum, but it is good enough to run in a mix of high/medium/low settings (just gotta keep some things off too such as bloom)

Could it be that it is using the integrated Intel Graphics chip? Although it seems to be sing the GPU.

Thanks a lot for the help and again, thanks a lot for this game :))

Edited by Velse

For info, my system is :

CPU : I7 -4770K @ 3.5 Ghz (8 cores)

RAM: 16 Go

GPU : GTX 780 (3Go)

SCREEN : 5760 X 1080 (60Hz)

DirectX 11 and 419.17 drivers version

Maybe will be usefull ! Will be happy to play this game in normal conditions...

Edited by BoTy quattro

Well, now I can not even continue my historic rally.

"Access violation at address 0x2a453e24 in module 'igd10iumd64.dll' + 0x253e24.
igd10iumd64.dll"

I will try to reinstall it and I will let you know, although this is a big waste of time, wont be able to play again til tomorrow 😞

40 minutes ago, Velse said:

Well, now I can not even continue my historic rally.

"Access violation at address 0x2a453e24 in module 'igd10iumd64.dll' + 0x253e24.
igd10iumd64.dll"

You have an integrated Intel graphics in the processor and a separate, discrete Radeon graphics card in your laptop. If you use your laptop for common tasks, it will use the integrated graphics, to save power. igd10iumd64.dll is the Intel graphics driver. Are you sure that the game is running on you AMD Radeon card? Do you have some kind of switchable graphics options where you can define that the game should use the discrete AMD graphics or its automatic?

Edited by Lollerke

26 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

You have an integrated Intel graphics in the processor and a separate, discrete Radeon graphics card in your laptop. If you use your laptop for common tasks, it will use the integrated graphics, to save power. igd10iumd64.dll is the Intel graphics driver. Are you sure that the game is running on you AMD Radeon card? Do you have some kind of switchable graphics options where you can define that the game should use the discrete AMD graphics or its automatic?

Unfortunately it is automatic, I have a profile for the game on the AMD software and I believe the game is not using it because I tried this:

I disabled my Intel IGPU, in hope that Dirt would force use the R9... So I tried to launch and now it is not using any at all, because the Frames drop to 1 at the very menu.

Somehow, it looks like the game is not using the R9, but neither the game or AMD offer a way to switch into it.. There is in fact a "switchable Graphics" option but Dirt Rally was not showing up there and I could not add it. Let´s see tomorrow after Steam installs it all over again..

Edited by Velse

13 hours ago, Velse said:

Unfortunately it is automatic, I have a profile for the game on the AMD software and I believe the game is not using it because I tried this:

I disabled my Intel IGPU, in hope that Dirt would force use the R9... So I tried to launch and now it is not using any at all, because the Frames drop to 1 at the very menu.

Somehow, it looks like the game is not using the R9, but neither the game or AMD offer a way to switch into it.. There is in fact a "switchable Graphics" option but Dirt Rally was not showing up there and I could not add it. Let´s see tomorrow after Steam installs it all over again..

@Velse I have sent you a messaged about this. Also @Lollerke thanks for you help too.

An update:

With the game reinstalled, now I launch it and there is no crash but the best news, AMD Adrenalin detects Dirt, which it was not doing before.

Will report back after a few hours of use 🙂

Okay, I dare to go for it already.

This is it, the game was not using my dedicated GPU and instead it was stuck using the intel IGPU.

Now I have no problems, no crashes, no black textures and lights work wonderfully.

What I did:

Disabled IGPU.  (But then Dirt was running without any GPU at all.. 1 FPS at menu...) 

Enabled it again.

Uninstalled the game from Steam.

Installed it again.

Launch it and open your Nvidia or AMD app.

Detect the game and set it to be used by the GPU at high performance or anything.

Enjoy this masterpiece.

🙂

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Velse said:

Now I have no problems, no crashes, no black textures and lights work wonderfully.

🙂

Glad to know you fix the issue ! Nice !

For me after uninstall and do a new install, the issue still happened... Very tired...

Edited by BoTy quattro

Try to see if you computer is using the dedicated GPU or the intel Graphics.

You can disable the Intel chip graphics, then run the game... if the game was using it and it is still not using your GPU, you will know right away as you will have 1 FPS in the menu screen, if you even make it that far.

If that happens, then that is the same problem I had. Try to detect it from your GPU app, and make sure all drivers are up to date.

21 hours ago, Velse said:

Try to see if you computer is using the dedicated GPU or the intel Graphics.

You can disable the Intel chip graphics, then run the game... if the game was using it and it is still not using your GPU, you will know right away as you will have 1 FPS in the menu screen, if you even make it that far.

If that happens, then that is the same problem I had. Try to detect it from your GPU app, and make sure all drivers are up to date.

Hum, i use only GPU graphic !

But i find a fix, must use the default graphic, cant change the resolution or anything !

Like that, the game not crach at continue...

maybe will be fix in next update !

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, BoTy quattro said:

Hum, i use only GPU graphic !

But i find a fix, must use the default graphic, cant change the resolution or anything !

Like that, the game not crach at continue...

maybe will be fix in next update !

What you wants to ask? Please clarify it. Here I have found an article related to this issue. Check it out.

Edited by jswami123