Sign in to follow this  

career data wiped.... AGAIN

hello folks

right, 2nd attempt at doing the my team championship has resulted in the once again dreaded 'your data has been reset'

thats now 11 rallys and 170000 credits down the pan, thats 4 rallys worth of wins, new headlights, bonnets, cant even afford a big mac at the end of a rally and racenet deletes all my progress a 2nd time!?

come on CM, this needs to be addressed, its becoming a joke

MM

Edited by mickeeiemouse
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

So is this or everyone??? Can more people here agree with this please? I am at work atm and cannot test. Which platform are you on?

PC mate, iv tried to do the 1st championship twice now, on both occasions its gone t1t5 up, it wont be happening a 3rd time hahahahahaaa 😉

Happened to me too.

The question is why does it has to reset the data completely, instead of just using the last working racenet save?
It doesn't say that the saves were corrupted. It only says there is a discrepancy between online and local save.

• Agree 3

me too. RaceNet has burned me multiple times over the last 5 days. it will also ruin your community events. 

PC

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 1

It happened 2 time for me during the weekend. I thought it was the Racenet issue as it didn't happen yesterday but now I'm worried it'll happen again.

• Agree 1

Best idea would be to bin Racenet entirely or at least only use local saves while its being a right pain and not working properly.

• Agree 1

This problem does have me paranoid.  I had my progress of both my rally and rallycross championships reset at one time, apparently an issue with one championship is reason enough to wipe them both clean?

Now when I even do a championship I try to only focus on one thing (rally or rallycross), and complete it as quickly as possible.  At least after you get promoted, the reset doesn't wipe the difficulty you made it to.  Just have to start over again at that current difficulty.  I also noticed that it seemed to happen when I load the game, and not while I'm actively in the championship.  Thus I try to remain in the game as long as possible as well when doing that.

It's a shame really, having to be so paranoid.  The rally mode takes many hours to do, particularly at the higher difficulties that will no doubt take days of effort.  I have no desire of seeing my 12 event championship be reset for no reason that is of my own fault.  

• Agree 2

This happened to me just now. I'm not sure if i want to start a new championship if this happens again. Very frustrating. I'm so angry right now. 🤬

• Agree 3

I bought this game primarily to do the career mode and career mode is broken if people's data is continually being reset. I may have to look at returning the game if this problem isn't fixed properly. It's a shame because I really enjoy playing the game. Might have to wait until WRC8 is released later this year,

• Agree 1

This has been an on-going issue with Codies games for years. I've lost countless F1 careers as well. General rule with Codies games is to disable cloud saving ASAP.

Posted (edited)

I haven't received this error since verifying game files via steam (which removes any installed community made liveries I wanted to use offline....😔)

If you haven't tried that I recommend giving it a go.

Edited by pigloaf
  • Thanks 1

Career data reset again. Career is unplayable. I have requested a refund.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, andmcq said:

This has been an on-going issue with Codies games for years. I've lost countless F1 careers as well. General rule with Codies games is to disable cloud saving ASAP.

Yes- I bloody wish we could.

• Haha 1

i just gets better

soooo, validated my steam files, 2 files failed this process, fired up the game, and now my graphics look better, cant explain why, then go on career where it charges me twice to repair my car, i then proceed to the daily AI challenge where half way through the stage my AUDIO completely cuts out, resulting in a massive accident, causing more cost!

so far, of the 1.000.000 credits gifted, iv lost over 250000 in errors by racenet or now audio errors

this  is starting to rag at me a55 hairs now, iv never had this audio error, but iv never managed to do a daily event, and i havnt done all the stages on NE so may be thats the issue

either way this needs addressing ASAP, ill say it again, its a good job this game is good for the most part CM, or dummys n toys would be getting thrown right now

MM

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, andmcq said:

It's not possible, because the career has an always online DRM 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:44 AM, Jacendb said:

It happened 2 time for me during the weekend. I thought it was the Racenet issue as it didn't happen yesterday but now I'm worried it'll happen again.

And it happened to me again today.

I'm hesitant to start a championship a 4th time 😢

• Sad 2