Wheel Users: shoes, yay or nay?

With or without shoes?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes (racing shoes, regular shoes etc.) when racing with your wheel and pedals?

• Yes, it improves my driving
    • No, it makes my driving worse
    • Either way is the same

I bought a Logitech G920 for the Xbox One a month ago or so and as expected I am significantly slower compared to my performance using a controller. I'm so desperate to figure out why that I even tried wearing shoes instead of only socks when using the wheel. And to my surprise it at least made me more consistent and competitive with my best lap times on the controller.

So here goes the odd poll because I'm curious: do you wear shoes (any kind really) when racing with a wheel? Does it make you faster/more consistent/slows you down a lot? 

It really depends on the wheel i guess, i first had a T150 and always drove on socks bud no i have the T300 with T3PA pedals i always wear shoes. I even bought special ones for racing.

No shoes, t300 with t3pa and load cell.

no shoes gives me more feeling in the pedals

I have better sensibility without shoes, but use socks though.

I recently upgraded to the Fanatec ClubSport v3 pedals and I still wear socks (2 pairs for extra cushioning) but I have a pair of sparco karting shoes I’ve been meaning to try...never could get used to them on my g29

Don't desperate. It happened the same to me when I bought G29 last November. At the beggining I was around 4 seconds slower per lap and I thought.... bad decission to buy a wheel.... but, bit by bit, day by day, the situation improved and now I'm faster with the wheel, even I'm capable of removing all the driving aids and my pace is similar than running with the controller + aids. Of course, allways wearing socks! 😉

On 3/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Noviembre73 said:

Don't desperate. It happened the same to me when I bought G29 last November. At the beggining I was around 4 seconds slower per lap and I thought.... bad decission to buy a wheel.... but, bit by bit, day by day, the situation improved and now I'm faster with the wheel, even I'm capable of removing all the driving aids and my pace is similar than running with the controller + aids. Of course, allways wearing socks! 😉

That's definitely encouraging 😄 I personally now gave up on the shoe idea and will keep practicing