Sign in to follow this  

can we have ETA on FFB / bug fixes codemasters

as topic, instead all we get is an acknowledgement that they are aware?

Not one peep from devs on this issue in last few days, a brand new game launched in this state is insulting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 1

How many different FFB threads can one single user produce? 

They have stated they are looking in to it. No reason giving ETA's unless they know they can follow through in that time frame. 

• Agree 3

It'd be good to hear something official about this other than 'we know'.

To me - without FFB on the wheel - it's unplayable. 5 days after launch, still broken / unfinished with no ETA? Yeah, I agree it's insulting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, PsychicParrot said:

It'd be good to hear something official about this other than 'we know'.

To me - without FFB on the wheel - it's unplayable. 5 days after launch, still broken / unfinished with no ETA? Yeah, I agree it's insulting.

thats why i put it away, did not feel right as it currently is. Not happy at all, it's as if i have paid £55 for a game thats not been released yet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Could people please just stop saying it's unplayable because there is no FFB. That simply isn't true. The most basic force is there, Self Aligning. The stuff that is missing is mostly fluff. But I guess you would rather have gravel rattle through the wheel and landing jolts than Self Aligning. Would that make you happy? 

The single most important force is there. It makes it more than playable because it tells you what the car is doing. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 7

Who are you to say whether the game is unplayable to people? I don't understand people who have this need to defend Codemasters, they are very much in the wrong here and people have every right to be upset. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 3

Saying that there is NO FFB is simply not true. If you get NO FFB something is wrong on your own end. I get plenty of self aligning which is the FFB at work. There are certain effects missing outside of self aligning, sure, but the wheel is not even close to being dead as some of you are trying to portray it. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

First up Bogani, mate, my post says pretty clearly "To me" it's unplayable. That's meant to mean "I think it is" but if I wasn't clear, sorry bout that.

Fact is, I think the experience of driving in DR2.0 is boring BUT if they ever finish/fix this, it could be the best rally game there is - until then, it's a game I don't want to play because it doesn't feel even in the slightest bit realistic to drive with a wheel. Whether or not you agree with that doesn't really come into it. Codemasters still need to be pushed to fix it.

Yeah, sorry, there is a centering spring. It's just all the REALLY IMPORTANT FFB that's missing. There is a lot more to reading the cars relationship to the road than that.

Anyway, I'm not here to say why or whether or not other people enjoy the game - I'm here to bug Codemasters to fix it.

If you're happy with the game, I'm happy for you. You should go play it now instead of worrying about us badgering a large game company to fix their broken game 😉

Cheers!

Edited by PsychicParrot
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, PsychicParrot said:

First up Bogani, mate, my post says pretty clearly "To me" it's unplayable. That's meant to mean "I think it is" but if I wasn't clear, sorry bout that.

Fact is, I think the experience of driving in DR2.0 is boring BUT if they ever finish/fix this, it could be the best rally game there is - until then, it's a game I don't want to play because it doesn't feel even in the slightest bit realistic to drive with a wheel. Whether or not you agree with that doesn't really come into it. Codemasters still need to be pushed to fix it.

Yeah, sorry, there is a centering spring. It's just all the REALLY IMPORTANT FFB that's missing. There is a lot more to reading the cars relationship to the road than that.

Anyway, I'm not here to say why or whether or not other people enjoy the game - I'm here to bug Codemasters to fix it.

If you're happy with the game, I'm happy for you. You should go play it now instead of worrying about us badgering a large game company to fix their broken game 😉

Cheers!

I agree with you 100%!  I want what I paid $80 for.  If I could have tried this game as it is today - I would NOT have bought it.  

• Agree 3

Agree with this one. The FFB is terrible for a game that prides itself on being realistic. 

I sort of don’t really want to play the game in its current state. Sure I could, but I don’t feel like I’m playing the game I paid for and was advertised to me. 

I bought Dirt 2.0 for excellence, not mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

So going on a week now and they haven't even told us whether its supposed to be like this or whether they plan to improve it. Can't see me buying another Codemasters game after this to be honest.

• Like 1

I just had a go at Dirt Rally to compare FFB. If I don't crank up the suspension setting it feels quite similar to DR2.

I pretty much always only use the SAT effect. The suspension setting sure adds jolts from landing and the odd pothole, but mostly it just creates way too much gravel rattle through the wheel which imo is not very realistic.

I understand that it feels numb if you are used to running high suspension effects as suspension effects hardly adds anything in DR2. For me that always keeps that at zero even in DR, it really doesn't feel that different. The SAT is there.

That said, I fully agree that they should fix the lack of Suspension effects as many are used to it and like it. 

8 hours ago, bogani said:

I just had a go at Dirt Rally to compare FFB. If I don't crank up the suspension setting it feels quite similar to DR2.

I pretty much always only use the SAT effect. The suspension setting sure adds jolts from landing and the odd pothole, but mostly it just creates way too much gravel rattle through the wheel which imo is not very realistic.

I understand that it feels numb if you are used to running high suspension effects as suspension effects hardly adds anything in DR2. For me that always keeps that at zero even in DR, it really doesn't feel that different. The SAT is there.

That said, I fully agree that they should fix the lack of Suspension effects as many are used to it and like it. 

making excuses for them, FFB is not right, FULL STOP. Along with other bugs i keep reading about, Codemasters have messed up and people are getting both impatient and miffed with it.

Edited by watzcoc

I paid $80 for this game ... Imagine if you (as a customer) only sent them $40 - you think they'd give you the game?  That's what they are doing to us - giving us 1/2 of what we paid for.

Right now - I'd rather have my money back.  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1