Dirt Rally 2.0 is wonderful. Stop complaining!

Posted (edited)

well, I just want to participate in the spirit of the thread, which I share, and I want to express my gratitude to the Dirt Rally 2 development team: thank you!

Edited by Black75
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I agree it is a good game! The problem for me is that I have a visual handicap and the game is extremely blurry on PS4. Personally its unplayable for me now. I’m not sure it is fixable......

1 hour ago, Hypoman said:

I agree it is a good game! The problem for me is that I have a visual handicap and the game is extremely blurry on PS4. Personally its unplayable for me now. I’m not sure it is fixable......

I do not believe the blurriness is an issue Codies have said they are trying to fix like the FFB

Well I do understanding the FFB is an issue and i’m Glad they’re looking to solve this. I also see I am not the only one having a problem with the blurryness on the PS4 platform! 😉

Posted (edited)

How dare others have different opinions! Jk

Me personally, the game has potential but some negative responses are justifiable. Primarily towards the stuttering, RX AI, FFB issues and the "hardcore" damage being just non-existent.

For me, this doesn't feel as polished as Dirt 4. The AI is terrible on some RX tracks, the Cartcross AI is kinda broken because they drive off track a lot. The fact the livery editor is gone too is surprising to see, so we're basically a nobody again playing as a hired driver through Career mode with a name and number.

Plus I had problems unlocking my deluxe edition, so I had that refunded as well. That hasn't helped in me liking this title more.

Edited by KingOfTheCakes
  • Agree 1

Dude! I absolutely agree with you. You just took some of my thoughts. I also cannot understand all these guys, who complain about this game. They wanted the sequel of wonderful 'DiRT Rally' from 2016 after a little misunderstood called 'DiRT 4' (even I spent much more time playing 'DiRT Rally' than 'DiRT 4') and they still complain. Guys, what's up??? Sometimes I think of you like you would like to have got everything you wish (it is best to have got it at once!!!). You know what? I don't even know what to say yet. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Rassegna stampa, è giusto però anche criticare alcune cose ... perché siamo noi che spendiamo soldi e paghiamo per questo prodotto. Ci sono diverse persone, appassionate di rally e persone occasionali, ovviamente un grande appassionato sarà la persona più critica perchè il meglio, non il semplice gioco per passare il tempo. io critico questo: 90 euro! (versione deluxe PS4) per un simcade uscito con tanti problemi, per me è arrivato avere una versionea BETA con questi 90 euro. problemi grafici, le pacenotes italiane (tradotte dal inglese) sono orribili !! , FFB inesistente, razzista era instabile e non c'e ancora il sito dove poter entrare e vedere le classifiche o creare delle leghe (se ci saranno). una domanda? perche pagare questo presso per vedere vecchi contenuti? addirittura vecchi contenuti in DLC a pagamento. Molte cose sono sistemate, ma resta il fatto ......

Edited by ale81udine
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

i can't agree that the game is good. i wish they would patch the game's physics and ffb more to be like Dirt Rally. What i also dislike is the fact that the roads are very narrow compared to Dirt Rally. There is not enough space to drive our cars on. I also miss all the jumpy up and downs on the tracks. That made Dirt Rally really exciting. So driving Dirt Rally 2.0 is very boring to me. Only hope is they will change the game completely for us. It would be so exciting if we had a real sequel for Dirt Rally with better graphics. I also want hill climb back..... aaargh Codemaster, why? why?

Edited by Makromatic
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 7

WHO CARES IF THE GAME FEELS GREAT ON YOUR CONTROLLER... 

THIS GAME IS BUILT FOR A WHEEL AND IT FEELS TERRIBLE ON ONE..   ANY WHEEL FEEL BAD

600$ I SPENT ON A GOOD WHEEL AND FFB IS AWFUL,

TIRE SLIP IS NOT EVEN ADJUSTABLE, ENGINE RUMBLE NOT THERE

I WILL STOP COMPLAINING IF THEY GIVE ME MY 59$ BACK AND THEY NEVER CLAIM TO BE MAKING A SIM AGAIN WITHOUT GETTING SIMPLE FFB CORRECT AT LAUNCH

• Haha 1
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 7

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bailey619 said:

WHO CARES IF THE GAME FEELS GREAT ON YOUR CONTROLLER... 

THIS GAME IS BUILT FOR A WHEEL AND IT FEELS TERRIBLE ON ONE..   ANY WHEEL FEEL BAD

600$ I SPENT ON A GOOD WHEEL AND FFB IS AWFUL,

TIRE SLIP IS NOT EVEN ADJUSTABLE, ENGINE RUMBLE NOT THERE

I WILL STOP COMPLAINING IF THEY GIVE ME MY 59$ BACK AND THEY NEVER CLAIM TO BE MAKING A SIM AGAIN WITHOUT GETTING SIMPLE FFB CORRECT AT LAUNCH

I play on t150 and true, the ffb is not as good as in Dirt Rally, but it's still better than, e.g. WRC7. Certainly not 'unplayable', as some people claim. They said they're looking into it and I'm sure they will get it fixed. They already did it in Dirt Rally, after one of the updates which screwed up the ffb. Does anyone remember?

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Even if DR2.0 has some few issues, it's still a great game. For me personally I only have had minor FFB issues every now and then, but I still enjoy the game. Only negative thing for me actually at the moment is night stages with heavy rain, I just can't see ****. Still it's far from "unplayable", which seem to be massively overused word nowadays when talking about games. 

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Good luck in life with that attitude. 

• Agree 3

While DiRT Rally 2.0 isn't perfect. It certainly isn't a total thrash fire either. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Dude! I absolutely agree with you. You just took some of my thoughts. I also cannot understand all these guys, who complain about this game. They wanted the sequel of wonderful 'DiRT Rally' from 2016 after a little misunderstood called 'DiRT 4' (even I spent much more time playing 'DiRT Rally' than 'DiRT 4') and they still complain. Guys, what's up??? Sometimes I think of you like you would like to have got everything you wish (it is best to have got it at once!!!). You know what? I don't even know what to say yet. That's it.

The problem is on the PS4/PS4 Pro is not as good as 2016 Dirt Rally. Had it been better most of us would not be moaning but taking steps back in ffb and graphics is baffling.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

It seems that many are very much "Binar!" - either its very good or very bad.

I agree that FFB should have been much better at release.

I´m divided about the Racenet thing, cause many other games I play require internet connection to be played, but I think that singleplayer shouldn´t require an active connection.

Apart from that, I find Dirt Rally 2.0 to be very good. All the gripes we had with Dirt Rally (not that many) has been addressed.  We can now "feel" the weight of the cars. Under / oversteer to FWD/RWD cars feels reasonable and authentic (has never driven a real Rally car myself) and track degradation and tyre chois just adds to the immersion.

I think the amount of cars available are great, we can always wish for more. The number of stages are not many, but thos we got are really well done. Only gripe here is the lack of snow / ice stages.

The requirementfor paid DLC's to get the old Dirt 1 stages is less of a probelm I find. It´s only reasonable that they don´t put them in for free, since alot of work to make them Dirt Rally 2.0 ready is probablu big. Codemaster are definitly not a filantropic company, so to bring quality they also need to be paid - irritating for the customer , but necessary for a company who has to pay wages for their staff.

I run Dirt Rally 2.0 o n a PC with a Thrustmaster T150 wheel. I got the FFB to work adequite, but wish that it will be enhanced. Maybe Codies in their strive to make this a true Rally sim, only wanted to give force feedback that simulates what You get through a real steering wheel driving Rally.

IMy opinion (and that just mine) is that since we are limited with our senses, driving a Rally sim, siitning on a sturdy chair, with only visual (Monitor) and audible (Headphones or speakers), the wheel force feedback should enhance senses otherwise absent. We should better fell track rumble, under / oversteer etc.

All in all I´m ery happy with Dirt rally 2 and wonder about all those bad comments seen on various forums and social media. It really doesn't help further this genre and is very distructive.

We are only on version 1.10 and I´m sure Codemaster will fix most reported and otherwise found bugs, since this release really has the potiential to become one of the classic racing titles.

Best regards

Fjacobsen

Edited by Fjacobsen
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

i love this game, i think its the best rally game ever, and for me the FFB also works well. its got its issues, but im sure codies will fix them

thank you codemasters

• Haha 1

Working my way through career mode: it's getting depressing.

25% stages daylight, dry (sort of...some dusk)

25% stages night, dry

25% stages daylight, wet (sort of...some dusk)

25% stages night, wet.

So fully 3/4 of the stages are run in less than ideal conditions. Come on!

What happened to the fast, flowing DR stages? Now we shuffle along in 2nd and 3rd gear over tight, twisty roads. Tedious at best.

I've logged over 1,800 hours on DR, so I've got plenty of experience.

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)

I'm liking Dirt Rally 2.0 quite a lot too. How this game's not the official WRC game is beyond me tbf. 

Edited by richie
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Patienceeeeeeee guys. This is gonna get to the place it's supposed to be. Just wait a little bit longer, it's not totally unplayable.

8 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Patienceeeeeeee guys. This is gonna get to the place it's supposed to be. Just wait a little bit longer, it's not totally unplayable.

The game has been out for two weeks now and very little communication from Codies bar the odd Tweet "we are looking into FFB" nothing about the all the other problems that the game has. How can you be sure it will get to the place its supposed to be? 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The other problems have been acknowledge too, you just didnt read them. Make your own search.

Two weeks is nothing.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

How can you be sure it will get to the place its supposed to be? 

Anyone who knows CMs since they got the F1 license are justifiably worried. Their post release support is honestly hit and miss, sometimes it's not bad, other times they just ignore problems completely. There are bugs in the latest F1 games that have literally been there since their very first attempt.

I think Dirt Rally 2.0 is currently at about 90% of a stunning success, but that last 10% always seems to elude them. Fixing the broken FFB and adjust the stage conditions to normality would get them to 100% in my book - assuming they follow though on their VR promise. I bought the game assuming they will, but I have been disappointed before with CMs - I haven't bought an F1 game since they put VR in Dirt Rally and but stubbornly refused to do it for F1.

12 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

The game has been out for two weeks now and very little communication from Codies bar the odd Tweet "we are looking into FFB" nothing about the all the other problems that the game has. How can you be sure it will get to the place its supposed to be? 

Yea and with the 'we are looking into it' worries me. In that case they are 'still looking into' the broken physics in dirt 4 with some kind of assist bogging the cars down.

• Agree 1

There is plenty of DLC content to come. This means it's next to impossible there won't be a major update, or updates, dealing with most of the issues. CM needs early buyers to agree to spend on more tracks and cars. Won't happen unless the game is improved I believe.

While I definetely agree that the game itself is wonderful, I cannot agree with the notion that we should stop complaining. It is simply unacceptable for a game, which costs almost 60$, to feature a system, that locks you out of the most appealing parts of it, sometimes for hours on end, and on top of that resets championship progress on a whim, resulting in hours of progress being lost. The fact that you personally haven't experienced it doesn't mean that other people haven't, so I don't understand why even bring that up, unless you think that all of us acquaried the game illegaly or something. I've seen plenty of comments from people who have these issues, just take a look at negative reviews on steam. I'm not saying that because of it the whole game is ****, I'm just saying that it's not working properly at the moment and if we don't complain about it then it will never be fixed.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:25 AM, cjl9 said:

What happened to the fast, flowing DR stages? Now we shuffle along in 2nd and 3rd gear over tight, twisty roads. Tedious at best.

What complete rubbish. Poland and US are extremely fast, Australia is very fast in places, New Zealand is fast and flowing. Spain is fast and flowing and Argentina is a right pain in the ass! 

DR2 > DR1 easily. 

• Agree 4