Dirt Rally 2.0 is wonderful. Stop complaining!

On 3/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, Fjacobsen said:

I´m divided about the Racenet thing, cause many other games I play require internet connection to be played, but I think that singleplayer shouldn´t require an active connection. 

Then why are you divided?  It is single player.  And how many games delete your progress in case of a failed internet connection, or stop you playing SP mid game when your internet cuts out?  It's a VERY clear cut case.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, Riggs said:

The other problems have been acknowledge too, you just didnt read them. Make your own search.

Two weeks is nothing.

2 weeks is a long time when you buy a game day one and are left bitterly disappointed with how blurry the game is making it very hard to actually see where your going and having the worst force feedback for a racer in a gen making you put the game on the shelf and not touched it since in hope they can actually fix this mess. 

Im itching to love it like the first title but for me on the PS4 Pro it's unplayable right now with a wheel and large screen. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

What complete rubbish. Poland and US are extremely fast, Australia is very fast in places, New Zealand is fast and flowing. Spain is fast and flowing and Argentina is a right pain in the ass! 

DR2 > DR1 easily. 

I'll confess to hyperbole.

Well...I'm working with the Lancia Fulvia in Career mode. New Zealand is NOT (in this car) "fast and flowing." Plods round an endless string of tight bends in 2nd or  3rd.

Yes, Poland is fast, so are parts of America, Australia and Spain.

Posted (edited)

I will start my career when they solve network problems and bugs:classic_sleep:

Edited by Thierry97

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to continue my Career and start the new Championship with a Group A car; most likely the Impreza ´95. Go to the garage, see the Impreza is not on offer. Infact only 1 car of that class was available for purchase. I´m sorry, I too can see the great potential of the game. But stuff like this REALLY drags the whole experience down for me; next to other stuff like sudden loss of Audio during a Stage, subpar performance for what´s on offer, missing tooltips, greyed-out Wheel-settings with STILL no explanation why, the ridiculous AI-Times etc.

It just boggles my mind how someone could come up with stuff like that (offering only a limited selection of cars at once during the Career; or not being able to use a car for the Online-Events when they´re in a Championship) and REALLY think it´s a great idea. Maybe just another "feature" to justify the forced Racenet-Connection.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, FLAW3D said:

The problem is on the PS4/PS4 Pro is not as good as 2016 Dirt Rally. Had it been better most of us would not be moaning but taking steps back in ffb and graphics is baffling.

If you claim 'DiRT Rally 2.0' is not as good as DR1, I have got one simple advice. Switch to PC.

15 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

If you claim 'DiRT Rally 2.0' is not as good as DR1, I have got one simple advice. Switch to PC.

Great advice. Could you also provide the 800-1k please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Civarello said:

Just wanted to continue my Career and start the new Championship with a Group A car; most likely the Impreza ´95. Go to the garage, see the Impreza is not on offer. Infact only 1 car of that class was available for purchase. I´m sorry, I too can see the great potential of the game. But stuff like this REALLY drags the whole experience down for me; ...

It just boggles my mind how someone could come up with stuff like that (offering only a limited selection of cars at once during the Career; or not being able to use a car for the Online-Events when they´re in a Championship) and REALLY think it´s a great idea. Maybe just another "feature" to justify the forced Racenet-Connection.

The way I see it is a simulation. In real life you won't just go and find the used rally car you want. I went looking for the lancer 3 or 4 times this weekend until I finally got one available. 

The market changes constantly and I actually like that. 

As for using a car in one tournament at a time,  same thing. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, cjl9 said:

I'll confess to hyperbole.

Well...I'm working with the Lancia Fulvia in Career mode. New Zealand is NOT (in this car) "fast and flowing." Plods round an endless string of tight bends in 2nd or  3rd.

Yes, Poland is fast, so are parts of America, Australia and Spain.

That’s just the Fulvia though. It’s boring to drive. 

Try New Zealand in the Mk2 or 240Z it’s magical. 

• Agree 1

It is a shame that the topic’s titel looks like an order...... 

Adressing faults and flaws makes games better........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jacendb said:

The way I see it is a simulation. In real life you won't just go and find the used rally car you want. I went looking for the lancer 3 or 4 times this weekend until I finally got one available. 

The market changes constantly and I actually like that. 

As for using a car in one tournament at a time,  same thing. 

Oh, come on. Being able to select any car you want for the Career is possible in almost every game, as it was in DR1 (considering you have the funds to purchase them). And not once has anybody criticized that it´s "not like in real-life". And it´s not only used cars in that shop, it´s brandnew ones as well; from the manufacturer. This "but it´s like in real-life" doesn´t hold a candle in my opinion when so many other things in the game are NOT like in real life; the damage-model for example and what the cars can get away with; even with the so called "Harcore-damage"; which isn´t even availably in the Career.

This doesn´t feel like a "real-life feature" at all to me; it feels gamey and just like another thing to justify the forced Racenet-Connection. All it did last evening was that I simply shut off the game. The next reset was at 01.00 a.m. here in Germany, the last was at 09.00 a.m. So when I start the game again later this afternoon I must HOPE that the car I actually want to drive in the Career is finally available. As I said, these are things that don´t make me play the game MORE, but less. And make me even less inclined to buy any further DLCs. 

Because what happens with these DLC-cars when I buy them; be it via the Season Pass, or individually. Do I have to hope again that the cars from the DLC are actually available to drive in the Career ? Sorry, as I said: Who comes up with decisions like these ?

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

16 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I'm probably going to get it for pc when the vr update drops and hopefully the fix will be out then. Does modifying the ffb help enough on pc?

19 hours ago, Civarello said:

Just wanted to continue my Career and start the new Championship with a Group A car; most likely the Impreza ´95. Go to the garage, see the Impreza is not on offer. Infact only 1 car of that class was available for purchase. I´m sorry, I too can see the great potential of the game. But stuff like this REALLY drags the whole experience down for me; next to other stuff like sudden loss of Audio during a Stage, subpar performance for what´s on offer, missing tooltips, greyed-out Wheel-settings with STILL no explanation why, the ridiculous AI-Times etc.

I can already hear ... but in reality you also don't get this car so easy ...

This is a game and when I'm going to play then I don't want to bother with maybe available cars. This idea will be more likely to make sure that this game will probably not started. The same goes for the limitation using the car only in online event or the career. 

1 hour ago, Fizzlenog said:

I'm probably going to get it for pc when the vr update drops and hopefully the fix will be out then. Does modifying the ffb help enough on pc?

Modifying the FFB is only to pump up the volume but the details are missing. There is SAT and cattle grids.

• Agree 1

On 3/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, FLAW3D said:

2 weeks is a long time when you buy a game day one and are left bitterly disappointed with how blurry the game is making it very hard to actually see where your going and having the worst force feedback for a racer in a gen making you put the game on the shelf and not touched it since in hope they can actually fix this mess. 

Im itching to love it like the first title but for me on the PS4 Pro it's unplayable right now with a wheel and large screen. 

+1 Worst graphics on PS4PRO atm... Even with oled glory the game looks blurred, dark nearly unplayable.

Codies solve this quick please. I managed to get 8 friends buying this game based on my early feedback... Clearly I should've spend more time with the game first.

Just wanted push this thread up and say that I'm really liking the game so far. I haven't had much issues so far and I'm sure the team is working very hard to address the issues other people are having. A tiny little bit of patience is required. Have some respect for the hard work people are putting into this game and be constructive. 

Someone else explained it very well already, frustrated people are much more vocal than those who are enjoying the game. That's why you mostly see 'negative' threads the first few pages. People like to exaggerate a lot using words like 'unplayable' or 'game breaking'. I can't confirm neither of that. Nothing game breaking here and even less unplayable. On the contrary. Tons and tons of stuff to do. 

So here's a very happy customer. Really looking forward to Monte Carlo. It's going to be ace 👌

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

If they sort the FFB it has every chance of being one of my favourite games. The handling is sublime. But yeah they need to sort the FFB before I can say I'm happy with it. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The FFB could be more detailed, yes, but I think if you increase the suspension setting and find a good SAT value it's not that bad. I've been wondering whether the greyed out parts in the FFB settings are for PC only, but I'm sure we'll get some clarity on this subject. Let's see if there will be some changes. At least Christina has said several time they're looking into it, but if the FFB remains like this it won't stop me from playing the game. 

Edited by richie

1 hour ago, richie said:

Just wanted push this thread up and say that I'm really liking the game so far. I haven't had much issues so far and I'm sure the team is working very hard to address the issues other people are having. A tiny little bit of patience is required. Have some respect for the hard work people are putting into this game and be constructive. 

Someone else explained it very well already, frustrated people are much more vocal than those who are enjoying the game. That's why you mostly see 'negative' threads the first few pages. People like to exaggerate a lot using words like 'unplayable' or 'game breaking'. I can't confirm neither of that. Nothing game breaking here and even less unplayable. On the contrary. Tons and tons of stuff to do. 

So here's a very happy customer. Really looking forward to Monte Carlo. It's going to be ace 👌

I totally agree with you.

Personally I hope they fix the AI issues to make the game more enjoyable for the average player like myself, but for me it’s not a gamebreaker since I enjoy the handling and how the cars drives. I am very much looking forward to Monte Carlo, and I hope we’ll see Greece, Wales and Finland rallies from DR1 in Season Pass 2. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

While im not a fan of how they made the carreer (same with DR1), since it surely isnt accessible to everyone to complete, it doesnt realy bother me much aslong as it is not required to play it to unlock content. (wich i think it does not?)

Other than that im enjoying the game for the little time ive got now and than, and cant wait for the rest of the content to arrive, and i hope they've got more in store after those 2 seasons.

Edited by Gerbie
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, Gerbie said:

While im not a fan of how they made the carreer (same with DR1), since it surely isnt accessible to everyone to complete, it doesnt realy bother me much aslong as it is not required to play it to unlock content. (wich i think it does not?)

The main things you unlock in My Team are upgrades for your cars, new engineers and greater abilities of said engineers. You can also unlock additional difficulty levels depending on your success in Career Rally and Career Rallycross Championships.

All cars are available to buy from the beginning (albeit on a somewhat randomised rotating schedule) and you can use any of your cars in Career Championships right away.

The main part of the game where Championships are unlocked is in Historic Championships, where you must start out in older generation rally cars before moving on to modern machinery.

Custom Event and Time trial allow you to use everything.

Edited by PJTierney

I haven't started career mode yet as there were uncertainties with racenet, but I'm going to give it a go soon for sure. 

Posted (edited)

the only thing this game simulates is codemasters DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING AND TAKE THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR GRANTED.a pg tips chimp could have done a better job.why is it that studios think they have to reinvent the wheel every time they bring a new racing rally game out instead of building on what made the first game great.had this with sms and project cars 1 + 2 now dirt rally 2,0. codies walking a fine line that could result in the death of dirt rally.career still gets deleted happened to me last night for the 20-30 th time.the silence is deafening from codies.every forum has fanboys that see no wrong !!!!!!

Edited by chrisjaf
info
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Try with some arguments next time instead of just ranting. 

• Agree 1