Sign in to follow this  

My Team AI problems, is it supposed to be like this Codemasters?!

18 hours ago, CatBadders said:

I'm sorry if what I'm about to say sounds mean, I don't want to sound disrespectful in how I say this but I have no other real way to say it - this is either a blatant lie, you've had a stroke recently and lost every skill you ever had, or your wheel/pedal setup is absolutely busted.

I won't say with all of that racing experience you should easily be winning at masters, but you should be able to breeze through Open especially if you played DR1. The difficulty definitely ramps up quickly in this game, but the issue is more around the Pro/Elite level being too punishing for the majority of players who make it there. The players struggling with Open normally are throttle mashing everything and their issue is just learning to drive slower to be in more control. If you've raced as many miles as you say, you should have learned that slow is clean, clean is fast skill years ago.

I play the games on Playstation 4 using the Dual Shock stick, so no wheel here. I have also played Project Cars and Project Cars 2 with realistic settings, but with slow and less aggressive CPUs. I have platinum and 100% achievement in both those games. Slightly Mad Studios knows what «Very easy» means, and Codemasters should learn from them.

I’m sure Codemasters can confirm my racing experience, if they need to, since they know my RaceNet account which is connected to my PSN-profile. 😉 

I know I am a less skillfull driver, but still want the whole simulation experience. Slightly Mad Studios can provide this experience for me and my kind. So should Codemasters. 🙂 

51 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

I play the games on Playstation 4 using the Dual Shock stick, so no wheel here. I have also played Project Cars and Project Cars 2 with realistic settings, but with slow and less aggressive CPUs. I have platinum and 100% achievement in both those games. Slightly Mad Studios knows what «Very easy» means, and Codemasters should learn from them.

I’m sure Codemasters can confirm my racing experience, if they need to, since they know my RaceNet account which is connected to my PSN-profile. 😉 

I know I am a less skillfull driver, but still want the whole simulation experience. Slightly Mad Studios can provide this experience for me and my kind. So should Codemasters. 🙂 

It doesn’t really matter. I’m a very low skilled player too. The whole game is still open to us we just have to keep that slider in the very easy mark.

i get your point though as on Forza I play on highly skilled for a similar challenge!

• Like 1

Gawd damnit ! I won everything on Open, Clubman and Professional, but Elite it's near impossible, at least for me. I struggle to get even into 10th place. AI is insane compared to Professional. You really have to know the stages like your own pocket to be near the top 3 here.

not my post but if this is true,  AI  times  need a check  :

•  
  • Members
  • 3 posts

@ChristinaMc

Difficulty levels in Career mode need to be addressed,

In Elite difficulty The AI speeds are currently FASTER then the current world record holder for the particular stage I checked, please see images attached.

The world record itself I would say is questionable. The closest next time is 24 sec slower.

There is a massive leap in the AI speed between Pro difficulty and Elite,  in Pro I was challenged but able to place first in most stages, however in Elite difficulty trying my hardest i cannot seem to place in the top 20.  Lord knows what Master difficulty would be like!

Thanks!

WORLD RECORD TIME:

World record time.jpg

ELITE DIFFICULTY AI TIME:

Career time.jpg

• Agree 1

Excactly.

Yesterday, I set the difficulty slider down to 1, the easiest setting, and went to drive Rally Poland using VW Polo GTI. First stage 16 km long in heavy rain, rain tyre was not an option so I picked the suggested tyres (medium). The stage was quite slippy, but I had quite a clean run. Still I am 1:30 minutes behind the stage winner and in last place. It seems that the CPUs aren’t affected by weather at all?! And this is at easiest level the game has to offer!!! 

Obviously the AI times are seriously messed up, both in free play and in career mode.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Voidhawk said:

I honestly think if only 10 people could get to Masters then that’s too hard. But I’m perfectly happy if only 1% of players achieve it.

You should need to be a Master to compete at that level.

i think that's a bit an elitistic point of view....................   i think 10% is reasonable enough

I just made it through Rallycross career. I finished Master level - with zero points.

Besides the AI being super fast and hyper aggressive, the calculated AI cheats compared to those who drive actually with me in the four qualification races. Meaning the calculated AI is 10 - 20 seconds faster (depends on the track) than the driving AI. So I was never able to get into the semifinals, allthough I won quite a lot qualification races.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i think that's a bit an elitistic point of view....................   i think 10% is reasonable enough

https://www.trueachievements.com/a214715/born-to-run-achievement

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4462-dirt-rally/16-born-to-run

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/310560/achievements

0.2% of Xbox Players won a Championship at Masters level in DiRT Rally.

0.9% of PS4 players did the same.

3.0% of Steam players.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a214715/born-to-run-achievement

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4462-dirt-rally/16-born-to-run

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/310560/achievements

0.2% of Xbox Players won a Championship at Masters level in DiRT Rally.

0.9% of PS4 players did the same.

3.0% of Steam players.

are u talking about dr1 or dr 2.0???

if it's dirt rally it's even worse because masters in dirt rally is a joke compared to masters in dr 2.0