Jump to content Jump to content

Turbo blow off valve concerns

FubarAce

So ive noticed some weird sound design decision (or possibly a bug). The blow of valve on the cars does not go of at all i you use Manual + clutch option. And as i was trying to find the reason for it i noticed that the blow off valves in this game is not linked to the throttle (Like in the first game) but rather to the gears. I dont really see the reasoning behind this decicion.
Might be a minor thing but for me its somewhat annoying since it was correctly done in the first DiRT Rally. And tbh who among us dont want to hear the blow of valve of that Audi Quattro when we release the throttle?
I cant imagine this is to hard to fix. So please do :)

And yeah g25 user here, FFB fix pleas :)

Other then that thanx for a great game.  

It's funny that you mention this now as I noticed this just last night doing some time trials in Argentina in the Audi S1. I agree that it seems to be tied to sequential gear changes rather than throttle/engine load and boost, which as you said is incorrect. A small thing but would be very nice to see fixed! @cmsoundfx

AFAIK Any large decrease in engine load or RPM should open up a bypass valve, or in some cases create compressor surge.  So yes it can be correct on gear shifts for sure.  I guess it is just missing for the throttle.

1 hour ago, bn880 said:

AFAIK Any large decrease in engine load or RPM should open up a bypass valve, or in some cases create compressor surge.  So yes it can be correct on gear shifts for sure.  I guess it is just missing for the throttle.

I played around some more tonight and it's there on throttle too but only on manual sequential mode. Must be a bug.

9 hours ago, FubarAce said:

So ive noticed some weird sound design decision (or possibly a bug). The blow of valve on the cars does not go of at all i you use Manual + clutch option. And as i was trying to find the reason for it i noticed that the blow off valves in this game is not linked to the throttle (Like in the first game) but rather to the gears. I dont really see the reasoning behind this decicion.
Might be a minor thing but for me its somewhat annoying since it was correctly done in the first DiRT Rally. And tbh who among us dont want to hear the blow of valve of that Audi Quattro when we release the throttle?
I cant imagine this is to hard to fix. So please do 🙂

And yeah g25 user here, FFB fix pleas 🙂

Other then that thanx for a great game.   

the same problem I noticed...

Okay so i just tried this out with the xbox360 controller and the g25 Logitech simultainiously. I used the Evo X this time (not that it matters, its the same on all cars) I started trying on the g25 and as i release the throttle there is no whisteling sound from the turbo. switched to the 360 controller (In the same race btw) and iot was working like it should, "whisteling" as i released the throttle. So there is clearly a bug here related to the g25 and possibly other wheel setups also. @cmsoundfx

I just want to mention that while this is an issue, on the scale of severity it is probably very minor.  (and this is coming from someone who used to drive a 400Hp turbo monster which breathed BOV fire every time you eased off the throttle) 😛

14 hours ago, bn880 said:

I just want to mention that while this is an issue, on the scale of severity it is probably very minor.  (and this is coming from someone who used to drive a 400Hp turbo monster which breathed BOV fire every time you eased off the throttle) 😛

Your car breathed fire out of the BOV? 

Archived