Sign in to follow this  

Penalties have to go!

I am sick and tired of losing due to contact with other cars, especially when it was nothing of my doing. Engine penalties do nothing to make racing more fair. They put a complete stop to competitiveness and add nothing positive to racing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If only single mode had a competition mode where you could race for rewards. I wouldn't even mind if it had an entry fee. A reasonable entry fee of course, but I understand that the game needs to turn a profit and for the cost of a helmet I would gladly pay to race in single mode if I was rewarded with resource points or trophies. Or with jars of pickled herring.

Edited by slayton
Typo
  • Agree 1

On the Challenges tab, you can sometimes earn rewards in single mode, I take advantage of these for testing.  

You have to watch an ad like the guy shooting people in the head from a rooftop :classic_sad:

A time trials mode would be fun where you try to beat your best time.

I wish the naked bald guy in the red underpants would club that sniper.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, slayton said:

I am sick and tired of losing due to contact with other cars, especially when it was nothing of my doing. Engine penalties do nothing to make racing more fair. They put a complete stop to competitiveness and add nothing positive to racing.

Hello - as announced, tweaking the penalty/Safety Rating system to make it more consistent and less intrusive is a priority, and we're confident of being able to add this change in Update 4. It's clear that some kind of penalty system needs to be in the game to deter drivers from racing unfairly and running the experience for others, but more can be done to make that system better, and we're making progress here. Thanks 🙂

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - as announced, tweaking the penalty/Safety Rating system to make it more consistent and less intrusive is a priority, and we're confident of being able to add this change in Update 4. It's clear that some kind of penalty system needs to be in the game to deter drivers from racing unfairly and running the experience for others, but more can be done to make that system better, and we're making progress here. Thanks 🙂

It could be just me but it seems like the people that were doing the intentional crashing have abandoned the game. I haven't had an incident like that happen to me in quite a while now. I think when this game first launched you had a bunch of casual racing players that are used to playing like that in other games. As the user base shrinks over time you're left with the hardcore players that just want a fair game. The abandon rate of mobile games is fairly short so there can't be that many people left playing this game at this point. I'm taken out of races or penalized way more by the AI than I am other players now. I'm not even sure that 95% of the duels I play are against human players.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Unintentional contact is unavoidable, especially if playing from a handheld device. Penalties may be more appropriate for a console game where you have better vision and control.

Completely unacceptable is the previous/current solution where the preception is the game plays unfairly and AI contact/behavior intentionally ruins the experience.  Far, far more than what I sense from other experienced players. Even worse, this has been done in a way unexperienced players think it is other players rather than the AI taking them out.

I'd focus on making contact survivable rather than punitive.  Then there would be no advantage for "unfair" players.

The balance is good (fun) right now in Sprint mode.

Edited by StKnowhere

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, StKnowhere said:

Unintentional contact is unavoidable, especially if playing from a handheld device. Penalties may be more appropriate for a console game where you have better vision and control.

Completely unacceptable is the previous/current solution where the preception is the game plays unfairly and AI contact/behavior intentionally ruins the experience.  Far, far more than what I sense from other experienced players. Even worse, this has been done in a way unexperienced players think it is other players rather than the AI taking them out.

I'd focus on making contact survivable rather than punitive.  Then there would be no advantage for "unfair" players.

The balance is good (fun) right now in Sprint mode.

Agreed on all counts - expecting super-clean racing every single time is not realistic, nor expected on our side, but there does need to be a system in place to clamp down on unnecessary 'griefing' during races. Work is taking place to try and balance out that system across all modes to make it more enjoyable for players, and also to give players a chance to recover if they fall back, due to a collision or small mistake. 🙂

• Agree 1

Another thing. 

Please make the engine cut flashing icon smaller. It’s right in the middle of the screen blocking the view. Double penalty in a sense. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:00 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Agreed on all counts - expecting super-clean racing every single time is not realistic, nor expected on our side, but there does need to be a system in place to clamp down on unnecessary 'griefing' during races. Work is taking place to try and balance out that system across all modes to make it more enjoyable for players, and also to give players a chance to recover if they fall back, due to a collision or small mistake. 🙂

Thanks!   "Chance to recover" is a fair way to look at it.

For the races I played over the weekend I did not sense one real player intentionally causing a collision so we have a good group of racers hanging in there at this point.

• Agree 1