Any assistance please?

1 hour ago, CatBadders said:

I'm right there with you, but I run it a bit higher at 360° myself. Let's me keep track of the paddleshift easily, I can countersteer by reaction much easier, and still feel like I keep enough precision to not be hindered by it.

same setup like me 😉

3 hours ago, Cortextual said:

Pork used to use 280, not sure what he's on these days. Really as long as you can still be precise you can go as low as you like and you'll benefit from quicker inputs but it starts to feel a bit too gamey for me when it gets too low. But hey, if that's your thing, whatever works.

Yeah I was too and so was he when I asked him about it, but when I also mentioned to him that I had gone up a bit higher to help me find some extra fidelity, I noticed not long after, that he also went a little higher to around 300 or a bit more. So I guess maybe he was thinking the same thing and was needing that extra feel in some places. 

To me Im not worried about it feeling too arcadey, its just that 280 can make it hard to be precise with really small inputs that can be required on very fast straights and somtimes mid corner.

Edited by Rygar86

2 hours ago, CatBadders said:

I'm right there with you, but I run it a bit higher at 360° myself. Let's me keep track of the paddleshift easily, I can countersteer by reaction much easier, and still feel like I keep enough precision to not be hindered by it.

Sounds good and not too far off what Im normaly used to, might even give that a try to see how it feels.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

Sounds good and not too far off what Im normaly used to, might even give that a try to see how it feels.

I've tried most settings from about 240° - 900° and settled at the 360° mostly because of losing the paddles after half a rotation but also because I still normally only use 300° of that rotation. You rarely need to be at full lock in this game, and if you are you probably are in recovery mode and no longer in full attack mode. So loosening the rotation a bit helped make me smoother since I would have to start getting closer to that "uncomfortable" rotation before hitting full lock, forcing myself to drive slightly different to avoid needing to hit full lock more often.

100% a mental thing, no one rotation lock is the right call, but I find it interesting a lot of people tend to fall into "groupings" with these personal tweaks. Smaller rotation drivers tend to not use button handbrakes, instead remap to an hbox or something, and tend to always run paddles instead. Just some fun observations.

Edited by CatBadders
i iz spell gud
  • Like 1