Sign in to follow this  

Dirt rally 2.0 Driving force GT

Yes, every wheel works, but they may need some further configuration. For example Steering deadzone is at 20 by default and it should be at 0 optimally. Wheels are generic, just like mouse, keyboard or controller.  I got a 10+ year old Logitech Formula Force GP which wasn't officially supported by Dirt Rally 1 either and it worked there and works now in 2.0.

Edited by Lollerke

On 2/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, Lollerke said:

Yes, every wheel works, but they may need some further configuration. For example Steering deadzone is at 20 by default and it should be at 0 optimally. Wheels are generic, just like mouse, keyboard or controller.  I got a 10+ year old Logitech Formula Force GP which wasn't officially supported by Dirt Rally 1 either and it worked there and works now in 2.0.

I have the DFGT and the game doesn't detect it. Can you please help me?

10 hours ago, t0dA said:

I have the DFGT and the game doesn't detect it. Can you please help me?

What do you mean by detecting? You only see your keyboard in the Input menu?

Yes, only keyboard! Is this normal?! or do I need to setup something manually outside the game?

it works fine i drive with it. you may have to use mouse in menu though.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, t0dA said:

Yes, only keyboard! Is this normal?! or do I need to setup something manually outside the game?

Make sure you have the latest driver installed for the wheel on your PC or reinstall it. Any controller should be recognized by the game and then you have to set it up in the game.

Edited by Lollerke

On 3/8/2019 at 6:53 AM, Lollerke said:

Make sure you have the latest driver installed for the wheel on your PC or reinstall it. Any controller should be recognized by the game and then you have to set it up in the game.

I removed the drivers, then restarted PC.

Downloaded drivers from logitech, only connected the device when the software asked, and installation successful.

I enter the game, and only keyboard being detected... No idea what to do 😞

make sure you totally uninstall logitech software completly. often hidden cfgs may remain and probably whats cause the issue. check for anything logitech with show hidden folders on. after you uninstalled the drivers. obviously dont remove anything unless you sure.

dont let geoforce experience do anything either if installed.

if installed correctly the wheel will work fine.

I removed all folders as you said, re-installed the drivers. Still nothing...

I bought the game only because I have DFGT. Guess I'll never touch this game until this work (if someday). 😕

Thanks anyway dgeesi0.

OMG, I found the problem! 😄

It was in steam "General Controller Setting", needed to de-activate "Generic GamePad Configuration Support"...

It's now detected in game and working!

Can you share your wheel setting in game?

6 hours ago, t0dA said:

OMG, I found the problem! 😄

It was in steam "General Controller Setting", needed to de-activate "Generic GamePad Configuration Support"...

It's now detected in game and working!

Can you share your wheel setting in game?

Not him, but my settings are SAT 50 TF and WF 0 Suspension at 60. WF is damper, TF to me interferes with SAT too much. You can try upping both to around 20-25. Rest of the settings is up to you.