ffb fixed, some comms from devs

Day 46. Last night I found myself slowly driving backwards and forwards over the cattle grids and gently weeping to myself. 

• Haha 12
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, Snakeye5 said:

.XML edit ffb=2

-Wheel Driver-
Overall Strength = 75
Constant            = 100
Periodic              = 100
Spring                = 100       
Damper              = 100
auto center "by game"

-Advanced Settings-
Steering Linearity    = 0
Steering Deadzone  = 0
Steering Saturation = 100
-...(separate fanatic pedals are used so I have not included throttle brake and clutch)
Soft Lock                 On

-Vibration & Feedback-
Vibration & Feedback On
Self Aligning Torque (SAT)  = 30
Wheel Friction                  = 30
Tire Friction                      = 125
Suspension                       = 140
Collision                           =  125
SoftLock                           On
Steering Center Force Enabled On
Steering Center Force        = 50

updated settings, any t300 users try this yet? yes its loose at the center but the sat gets STRONG and its a lot less NUMB

10 hours ago, Snakeye5 said:

y...

I'm not sure.

I have to assume the first two blank images you posted are, in order: 1) the source code for Codemaster's FFB implementation, and 2) the FFB patch.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

no images, i didn't even those huge gaps in, I did get a little impatient while waiting for these forums that are slower than molasses to post and did click submit a second time... but why can't I edit it after the fact...

Also, I had a friend try my suggested setting with her G27 last night. Only she had 60 SAT and Wheel Friction (probably because the Logitech wheel has more electrical resistance) and liked it.

Summary: turn down SAT. Make wheel friction near equal to self-aligning torque. Then punch up tire friction and suspension so they are not drowned out by SAT.

Edited by Snakeye5
added summary for clarity

Posted (edited)

Day 56. I've purchased 3 vibrating Shaftmaster Dongs™ from Anne Summers and taped them round the rim of my steering wheel. I've never felt so alive. 

Edited by Decks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, Decks said:

Day 56. I've purchased 3 vibrating Shaftmaster Dongs™ from Anne Summers and taped them round the rim of my steering wheel. I've never felt so alive. 

Me too, but the 3rd one goes somewhere else, to get the feeling of the rumble in the seat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Wondering how many weeks away from FFB revamp...

Feeling like this is the only thing really holding me back from falling in love with the game the same way I did DR1. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

Wondering how many weeks away from FFB revamp...

Feeling like this is the only thing really holding me back from falling in love with the game the same way I did DR1. 

Agreed FFB & FOV options

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else noticed that the FFB changes and becomes very weighty and dull? It happens randomly when loading stages, never during a stage. It's a very annoying bug that I have so far only experienced with the 240z. It goes hand-in-hand with another bug where the speedo and gear OSD disappear from in-car view.

Only a game restart fixes it.

Edited by andmcq
  • Agree 1

I`m just here to see if there are any updates on FFB.

Nope? Ok. Will continue with pneumatic hammer strapped to wheel.

• Agree 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, Decks said:

Knowingly releasing an unfinished game is pretty awful behaviour. I certainly wouldn't have bought the deluxe version if I'd known that they didn't know when they were actually going to get the game working properly. 

I'm done complaining ,but I am rather piissseeed that they did in fact know the ffb was not rite and the game would be released as is. I don't understand it. And the silence from Codies. Not good business.

1 hour ago, SoBoog said:

I'm done complaining ,but I am rather piissseeed that they did in fact know the ffb was not rite and the game would be released as is. I don't understand it. And the silence from Codies. Not good business.

This seems like one of those cases where rumours and hearsay and plain made up nonsense get repeated so much they come to be believed as fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 3

So you think that they thought people would be happy with the FFB the way it is? 

• Agree 1

Nah, I' m sure they thought "Let's release the game with FFB half of the buyers won't like, so they can flood the forum and post the same posts over and over until we decide to release the FFB model that the other half prefer, that'll be a sure fire winning strategy". Because that's much more obvious than releasing the game with the FFB it has now.

• Haha 3

Or they just released an unfinished game. 

• Agree 2

And to say half of the people are happy with the FFB the way it is now is ludicrous. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maby that other half play with gamepad and vote to polls that FFB is just fine.

What´s bothering me is that title is from same gamehouse than DiRT Rally 1 and there FFB is pretty decent.
I think they got lines straight and copied FFB from DiRT 4 and hoped it pass for us. 
How easy it´s to improve even at same state than DR1, don´t know but hoped devs could tell that us.

• Like 1

I haven't heard many people say the ffb is fine. Just people who say (quite correctly) that there is ffb, as opposed to some people's incorrect statements that ffb is 'non existent'.

Most people want additional effects, that isn't really up for debate, I believe it's only the rhetoric that people take issue with.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

18 hours ago, afahoy said:

This seems like one of those cases where rumours and hearsay and plain made up nonsense get repeated so much they come to be believed as fact.

None of the issues you are responding to are rumours, hearsay or made-up nonsense. The FFB isn't right, it's incomplete, and Codemasters must have known that prior to release. They have acknowledged as much, not even trying to defend the current implementation.

51 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I haven't heard many people say the ffb is fine. Just people who say (quite correctly) that there is ffb, as opposed to some people's incorrect statements that ffb is 'non existent'.

Most people want additional effects, that isn't really up for debate, I believe it's only the rhetoric that people take issue with.

Is anyone (apart from the drive by rants) actually claiming the FFB is 'non-existent'? I have seen people say elements of the FFB are non-existent (yourself included), but that is a very important difference. BTW, you are one of the people who had gone from disappointment on release day to eventually saying the FFB is fine. Great even.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:07 AM, Rallystu2 said:

On ps4 pro I have no tyre slip feeling. I can't feel the car losing grip. And the option to adjust these is not present (greyed out)

That said, the SAT is working fine and feels great. The game is perfectly playable. Just lacks the finer feelings that I'd like. 

Seems like a pretty significant lack of FFB back in February!!!

On 4/3/2019 at 6:20 AM, Rallystu2 said:

Bad poll. "Do you want ffb fixed" isn't a fair question as it isn't broken.

An appropriate question would be "Do you want additional ffb effects added"

And I would like a couple of extra effects, however the ffb is currently feeling great in terms of informing me of the cars positioning etc, very accurate to real life, however as I'm not getting forces through the seat I wouldn't mind some additional noise effects.

Oh, we're feeling great by April, just need a little extra noise.

On 4/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, Rallystu2 said:

It doesn't need to become a massive divisive issue. Middle ground is what's needed. A lot of community members are relatively happy with ffb, and a lot aren't. However, the ffb was a design choice by codemasters and in order to get it changed it would require both sides of the fence to agree on a sensible ffb adjustment that would please everybody.

I personally feel that overall the ffb is ok, however I would like to be informed through the wheel better when the tires break traction, also a little (but not too much) road noise would be nice. Not too much that I lose the great feeling I currently have with the SAT.

Yup, overall it's "ok" 😆 Except you still can't feel the car losing grip. Or the road surface. Or the bumps, jumps, rivets or ditches.

Hmm.

And others...

On 4/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, andmcq said:

I find the FFB fine as long as I adjust the config file for my wheel from 0.9 to (my preferred) 3.0 setting.

EULA:

CODEMASTERS MAY REVOKE YOUR LICENSE TO ACCESS EGONET, RACENET, AND/OR THE GAME IF YOU VIOLATE OR ASSIST OTHERS IN VIOLATING, THE LICENSE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH BELOW. YOU AGREE TO ONLY USE EGONET, RACENET AND/OR THE GAME, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LICENSE AND YOU SHALL NOT:
Create, use, offer, advertise, make available and/or distribute any so called “cheats” that influence and/or facilitate gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby grant you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods
Create, use, offer, advertise, make available and/or distribute any so called “hack” that accesses or modifies the software of RaceNet, EGONet, and/or the Game in a manner not expressly authorised by Codemasters.
Create, use, offer, advertise, make available and/or distribute any code or software not expressly authorized by Codemasters, that can be used in connection with RaceNet, EGONet, the Game, and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay.

Just wanted to point out that technically editing the xml files is breaking the EULA and could result in a revocation of your license. Unless CM wants to let us know that's ok.... ???

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I can't see that inconsistency in Stu's statements that you're trying to fabricate here. 'FFB's non existent' and 'game's unplayable' are indeed things you could read quite a few times on the forums. 
'

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, richie said:

I can't see that inconsistency in Stu's statements that you're trying to fabricate here. 'FFB's non existent' and 'game's unplayable' are indeed things you could read quite a few times on the forums. 
'

Ok @richie let's discuss this.

1) "FFB's non-existent" and "game's unplayable" are two different things.

2) The game can be "unplayable", subjectively, for a number of reasons. Something doesn't have to be completely broken for people to find the game unplayable. I hate the current FFB implementation, I don't want to play the game (that I paid for, deluxe edition) with the current FFB. Therefore, for me, the game is unplayable (until they fix it). Other people can't stand the crazy AI times that make career mode fustrating beyond belief, others can't stand the lighting inconsistencies that sometimes make stages undriveable, other's can't stand the blurry graphics they have on their console etc. Technically you can plow through these failings and 'play' the game, but to what end?

3) Show me 5 people that have said the FFB is non-existent. I will wait.

I don't have beef with @Rallystu2, he and I both want the game to be awesome. For some reason however he has been trying to downplay the FFB issue for months... I don't know why, the data is overwhelming, people hate the current FFB. He would be better served to lobby with us and get it fixed that keep offering this limp resistance.

EDIT: I realise reading it back that my post(s) my seem like an aggressive retort. Believe me, it's not aggression or anger, just plain old frustration. I have an amazing sim rig that I would love to be using for DR 2.0 right now and I can't because it feels like wet poop. *the game, not my sim rig. Unless my toddler daughter has got in there before me.

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

Ok @richie let's discuss this.

1) "FFB's non-existent" and "game's unplayable" are two different things.

2) The game can be "unplayable", subjectively, for a number of reasons. Something doesn't have to be completely broken for people to find the game unplayable. I hate the current FFB implementation, I don't want to play the game (that I paid for, deluxe edition) with the current FFB. Therefore, for me, the game is unplayable (until they fix it). Other people can't stand the crazy AI times that make career mode fustrating beyond belief, others can't stand the lighting inconsistencies that sometimes make stages undriveable, other's can't stand the blurry graphics they have on their console etc. Technically you can plow through these failings and 'play' the game, but to what end?

3) Show me 5 people that have said the FFB is non-existent. I will wait.

I don't have beef with @Rallystu2, he and I both want the game to be awesome. For some reason however he has been trying to downplay the FFB issue for months... I don't know why, the data is overwhelming, people hate the current FFB. He would be better served to lobby with us and get it fixed that keep offering this limp resistance.

Honestly, it's an irrelevant 'discussion' and only distracting, plus I'm too lazy to present the 'evidence' here. Pretty sure, if you use the search function you should be able to find more than 5 statements. People like to use hyperbole to express things, I use it too, but in order to improve a game you need serious and precise information. Ranting and insulting devs will get people nowhere. 

While the FFB detail could be better I think it isn't that bad at all. That's basically what quite a few people that are 'defending' the FFB are saying. I'm using 65 SAT and 130 or 135 suspension btw, if you want to try these settings. I can feel little stones and bumps in the surface, most noticeable at Australia. If you decided not to play I think you're missing out on a great game. Despite the things you can criticise, I'm having an absolute blast.

Edited by richie
  • Like 1