ffb fixed, some comms from devs

1 minute ago, paint21 said:

Lets leave political stuff out of this, just an example 😉

Didn't you just introduce it though?

• Agree 1

Just now, andmcq said:

Didn't you just introduce it though?

As i said, Just an Example.

OK so you tell me what you think the situation is here. 

a. There's a bug in the code (that somehow everybody missed) that stops the FFB from working properly, on all platforms, on all devices, that they're currently trying to fix. 

b. They released the game knowing that the FFB wasn't finished with the plan that they finish it afterwards and deflect any backlash by saying "we're looking into it" 

As I know which is most likely in my eyes. 

9 minutes ago, Decks said:

a. There's a bug in the code (that somehow everybody missed) that stops the FFB from working properly, on all platforms, on all devices, that they're currently trying to fix. 

b. They released the game knowing that the FFB wasn't finished with the plan that they finish it afterwards and deflect any backlash by saying "we're looking into it" 

Why does it matter?

Because B is pretty is pretty awful behaviour. And also implies that we could be waiting some time for it to be fixed. Or even worse they don't know how to get it to run properly with the new deformation technology. 

Plus I'm just curious as to how they could mess up the release so badly. I love the Dirt games and watching the internet turn on this hasn't been fun for me. 

2 minutes ago, Decks said:

Because B is pretty is pretty awful behaviour. And also implies that we could be waiting some time for it to be fixed. Or even worse they don't know how to get it to run properly with the new deformation technology. 

Plus I'm just curious as to how they could mess up the release so badly. I love the Dirt games and watching the internet turn on this hasn't been fun for me. 

What is awful behaviour, acknowledging they're working on it? Why should they be telling us how their game is made?

I'd rather they take their time on it and make sure its right, if its half baked then it will just **** off everyone more.

17 hours ago, watzcoc said:

why not their forums, where alot of the player base is communicating or trying to communicate with them?

I saw a few posts on steam from devs asking for more specifics from.

1 hour ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

We've said on numerous channels we're looking into the FFB concerns raised by the community. However, please be mindful that FFB is very nuanced and any changes will affect all surfaces, cars and peripherals. As much, our investigation needs to be detailed and thorough - any rash changes are unlikely to improve anything! 

Please limit your concerns to one topic, too - I can appreciate your concerns, but spamming the forums won't help us work any quicker.

Thanks,
Christina

Is there anyway we as a community can better assist this issue? Its a pretty major one to all of us. So any way we could improve the quality of feedback utilise any diagnostic tools to assist in data collection?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

What is awful behaviour, acknowledging they're working on it? Why should they be telling us how their game is made?

I'd rather they take their time on it and make sure its right, if its half baked then it will just **** off everyone more.

Knowingly releasing an unfinished game is pretty awful behaviour. I certainly wouldn't have bought the deluxe version if I'd known that they didn't know when they were actually going to get the game working properly. 

• Agree 2

Patience is a virtue that many lack.

Yeah those idiots probably expect a game to be finished and working properly when they buy it. The nerve of them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The FFB is obviously not finished as two options for adjustment of it are greyed out in the FFB Menu, if it was working fully as surely intended

why are those greyed out and the effects not even present in game. (Engine and Tyre slip (correct spelling)).

Only Feedback in game currently is Steer Angle Torque and rattle as you go over cattle grid, land from jump get nice thud sound but diddly squat through wheel.

Supposedly it was great in Beta, full effects so what happened somebody dropped the ball.

Saying FFB is Nuanced is all well and good if you have more than Steer Angle Torque operating which is all we have currently.

Edited by DelDredd
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, DelDredd said:

FFB oczywiście nie jest ukończony, ponieważ dwie opcje jego regulacji są wyszarzone w menu FFB, jeśli działał w pełni zgodnie z założeniami

dlaczego te są wyszarzone, a efekty nawet nieobecne w grze. (Poślizg silnika i opony (poprawna pisownia)).

Jedynym sprzężeniem zwrotnym w grze jest obecnie moment skrętu i grzechotka, gdy przechodzisz przez kratkę bydlęcą, lądowanie od skoku zapewnia przyjemny odgłos, ale przysadzisty przez koło.

Podobno było świetnie w wersji beta, pełne efekty, więc co się stało, ktoś upuścił piłkę.

Mówiąc, że FFB to Nuanced, wszystko jest w porządku i dobrze, jeśli masz więcej niż operacja Steer Angle Torque, która jest wszystkim, co mamy obecnie.

+ lack two options on xbox 😞 

I have a DD wheel and from advice on this or another forum turned up the ffb_force to 5.0 in the device_defines.xml file. I then turned SAT right down otherwise IMHO it is way too overpowering (I set it to 5). Turn collisions down (0 in my case) otherwise hitting fences will try to rip your arms off, both frictions to 0 and turned suspension up (75) and the road textures really come through, the deep ruts will pull the car.

Of course you shouldn't need a powerful DD wheel but worth trying maybe higher ffb_force with other wheels. I think the key is to ramp us suspension feedback above everything else by a massive factor and then the FFB from the road really starts to comes through.

Pure speculation but I wonder if something was turned down before release to ensure people with more powerful wheels didn't hurt themselves if they turned it to max?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Decks said:

Yeah those idiots probably expect a game to be finished and working properly when they buy it. The nerve of them. 

Decks i've read this entire thread and you don't get it do you.

As they say in the southern USA  "You cant fix stupid"

• Like 1

Please do enlighten me then. What's your take on the situation oh wise one. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TonyRickard said:

I have a DD wheel and from advice on this or another forum turned up the ffb_force to 5.0 in the device_defines.xml file. I then turned SAT right down otherwise IMHO it is way too overpowering (I set it to 5). Turn collisions down (0 in my case) otherwise hitting fences will try to rip your arms off, both frictions to 0 and turned suspension up (75) and the road textures really come through, the deep ruts will pull the car.

Of course you shouldn't need a powerful DD wheel but worth trying maybe higher ffb_force with other wheels. I think the key is to ramp us suspension feedback above everything else by a massive factor and then the FFB from the road really starts to comes through.

Pure speculation but I wonder if something was turned down before release to ensure people with more powerful wheels didn't hurt themselves if they turned it to max?

Will give it a go, but we should not have to fiddle with xml files if they did their job properly in the first place.

Having Suspension setting too high just makes cars pull left all the time from posts I have read from various forums.

Edited by DelDredd

3 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

Decks i've read this entire thread and you don't get it do you.

As they say in the southern USA  "You cant fix stupid"

Still waiting for you to explain what I'm not getting genius. 

1 hour ago, DelDredd said:

Will give it a go, but we should not have to fiddle with xml files if they did their job properly in the first place.

Having Suspension setting too high just makes cars pull left all the time from posts I have read from various forums.

It does pull left if you turn it up. Also feels like you have grip when turning,one direction and no grip when turning the other.

If there was a bug causing the FFB to not be working properly then it would be pretty easy to fix would it not?

No? Why would it be pretty easy to fix?

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Have used Tony Rickards post above as basis and tweaked the xml file and in game settings as follows

G25 Wheel
XML file FFB Force at 5 not left blank as default

Wheel Settings in profiler
Effect Strength  100,  Spring Strength 0,  Damper Strength 0, Center spring 0, Degrees 540,  allow game to adjust settings on.

(all my Sims use same settings apart from most run fine with 900 degrees, have used same for past 15 years or so with different wheels)

In game
SAT 16,  Wheel and Tyre Friction 0,  Suspension 95,  Tyre Slip and Engine (greyed out) 100,  Collision 15
Soft Lock 100,  Center Spring on,  Center Force 10

Has more feedback effects now, can feel raised side of gravel tracks catch the wheels and get some vibrations from surface, a lot more immersive than just Steer Angle Torque and cattle grid as per default.

My brother has tweaked his T500RS with similar settings and finds it better also.

Could probably tweak more but it is usable for me, will wait and see what people come up with.

Edited by DelDredd

3 hours ago, DelDredd said:

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the XML tweak.  All it involves is increasing the FFB gain by 300%-800% and then turning down the effects in game.

You cant amplify forces which simply arent present in the FFB system.

Im actually surprised codies havent discouraged the practice.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:37 PM, magpieracer48 said:

They've literally posted multiple times on Twitter and Instagram. Is this the online version of selective hearing?

I’m not on Instagram or Twitter! Surely it would be wise posting on the devs forums? 🤔 can’t believe who blindly willing some people are to follow Codies and defend them no matter the mess of a game they put out! 

8 hours ago, Decks said:

Completely agree there mate 

Well it actually did something for mine, most of the wheels in the xml file have no ffb force figure listed against them in any case.

The preamble in the file mentions settings for ffb force and a few others are optional, suppose it just depends what your wheel would use if none stated.

Default supposed to be 1 I think, but how can you be sure that is being applied, a Bunch of Thrustmaster wheels need to be set above 6 to get any feedback at all from what I read.