ffb fixed, some comms from devs

16 hours ago, CalvinCar said:

I think I just found a way out of this quagmire. How about you guys make your own rally game from the ground up. That way you'll be able to make exactly the kind of force feedback you like. Even the kind of ffb that vibrates your steering wheels to smithereens and breaks your arms while you're driving on soft, wet sand. 

Really, this is the only way that you guys can be fully satisfied. There simply is no other way, especially given the fact that devs of sim titles have been moving more and more towards pure simulation-derived ffb for quite some time now. 

Mate, you should be asking a refund to the moroccon wizard guy you bought the game from... Gravel, there are a lot of gravel stages, which is different than sand, in my copy of the game.

1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

You say its not that much better ffb wise for you but its a  2 year old game now and Codies should be at least matching it.

Hey, leave those goalposts where they were.

And fwiw I’m starting to think that really all DR2’s FFB needs is some simple surface texture vibration, and maybe some way of increasing the effect that small surface variations (bumps, holes, etc) have on the wheel. I can already feel the road surface to a surprising extent in some cases (Australia in the Sierra for example).

• Agree 8

1 minute ago, afahoy said:

And fwiw I’m starting to think that really all DR2’s FFB needs is some simple surface texture vibration, and maybe some way of increasing the effect that small surface variations (bumps, holes, etc) have on the wheel. I can already feel the road surface to a surprising extent in some cases (Australia in the Sierra for example).

i believe that to ,i have been a tester for simtraxx ,a company that creates roads for assetto,i have test a track without surface and it was completely flat ,,but after they rebuild and add the final layer ,the all track has been regenerated ...

5 minutes ago, afahoy said:

That's all it needs. SAT and Center forces are better than ever.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, afahoy said:

I’d say that’s pretty accurate, essentially the Suspension slider needs a greater maximum scale. 

Adding a surface vibration slider would also be a sensible approach to give everyone the choice. Those that believe you can’t feel the road through the wheel (lol) can turn it off if they really want.

The other problem I’m noticing more (now that I am persisting with the game) is that the (suspension) FFB is quiet inconsistent from location to location. SAT feels about the same.

As you say, in Australia you sometimes do get the nuanced response from the road, and you can see the potential of the physics based design CMs have implemented. In others it’s pretty underwhelming, New England is a perfect case where you can feel the SAT throwing the car around, but not the effects associated with the (at times) wild lateral undulation in the surface. 

As others have noted many times, the feel of the car lightening over crests and jumps is also muted, in a way I don’t think just increasing suspension forces will rectify. 

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Agree 2

On 5/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, Murikka said:

Really good to get the detailed feedback from the devs in that thread.  Much appreciated.

Though it does say that the FFB is currently as it was intended by the developers.  I find this a little hard to believe to be honest.  I mean, did Codies really want me to turn down my SAT from the default 100 to 35 so I can feel something other than SAT?  I don't think so.

• Agree 1

i dont understand why wheel manufacturers dont place new drivers to fit in to the game 

thrustmaster had place a fix about dirt in the early stages  and since then nothing 

fanatec has made new drivers kai and gave settings to the wheel owners ...(this is what i ve been told )

3 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

Really good to get the detailed feedback from the devs in that thread.  Much appreciated.

Though it does say that the FFB is currently as it was intended by the developers.  I find this a little hard to believe to be honest.  I mean, did Codies really want me to turn down my SAT from the default 100 to 35 so I can feel something other than SAT?  I don't think so.

It was the same in DR. 100 default for SAT which is waaaaaay too high. However, different wheels have different strengths and some people just loves to wrestle their wheels in absurdum. 

There is no way they can have a default where everyone is happy. I don't see a problem that you as an end user have to dial in your own wheel to your liking. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah its much easier in 2.0...cars can stop so much quicker you can leave braking to the last minute all the time and it's more jump in and play but youd expect that with the SMS title being more hardcore. 

You say its not that much better ffb wise for you but its a  2 year old game now and Codies should be at least matching it. 

Personally i feel its so much alive the ffb really feels connected to the front wheels which in turn makes the driving experience much more natural of course your never left with the feeling that something is odd here like 2.0.

What I do agree with is that you get more sense of 'tires against the surface' feeling in PC2, but last time I played the FFB also vibrated and rattled so much all the time that you think you busted the suspension. 

There's different FFB profiles in PC2 tho innit? Some are meant to give you raw feedback just from the steering column while others adds the fake effects on top of that. 

The Norwegian circuits also felt bumpier than Argentina which basically just felt like the mesh was half done. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, bogani said:

What I do agree with is that you get more sense of 'tires against the surface' feeling in PC2, but last time I played the FFB also vibrated and rattled so much all the time that you think you busted the suspension. 

There's different FFB profiles in PC2 tho innit? Some are meant to give you raw feedback just from the steering column while others adds the fake effects on top of that. 

The Norwegian circuits also felt bumpier than Argentina which basically just felt like the mesh was half done. 

Yeah you have Raw which is like 2.0 but you can feel what the front tyres are doing and in general feels much tighter.

You have Immersive which is similar to RAW but a step up on what you feel and is more traditional ffb so adds on top of RAW other feedback you feel when driving monster machines things like shifting feedback

The Third one is Informative which i cannot remember the style of this one, Maybe it's cranked up to 11 and why you thought you had busted suspension but honestly i can never remember the ffb feeling like that but i do use Immersive. 

Edit: Just found this on the PCARS website:

—Immersive: This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world.

—Informative: This is designed to give more of a detailed feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements, to ensure the driver can get as much information through the FFB as possible.

—Raw: This is an unfiltered Force Feedback setting that allows you to feel the full strength of the various forces felt by drivers.

Edited by FLAW3D

12 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah you have Raw which is like 2.0 but you can feel what the front tyres are doing and in general feels much tighter.

You have Immersive which is similar to RAW but a step up on what you feel and is more traditional ffb so adds on top of RAW other feedback you feel when driving monster machines things like shifting feedback

The Third one is Informative which i cannot remember the style of this one, Maybe it's cranked up to 11 and why you thought you had busted suspension but honestly i can never remember the ffb feeling like that but i do use Immersive. 

Edit: Just found this on the PCARS website:

—Immersive: This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world.

—Informative: This is designed to give more of a detailed feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements, to ensure the driver can get as much information through the FFB as possible.

—Raw: This is an unfiltered Force Feedback setting that allows you to feel the full strength of the various forces felt by drivers.

Slightly confusing as both immersive and raw claims to give you the forces felt by the driver, but I assume immersive is the one with 'purest' FFB. 

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

Slightly confusing as both immersive and raw claims to give you the forces felt by the driver, but I assume immersive is the one with 'purest' FFB. 

Raw is the 'purest' one, "unfiltered force feedback"

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Raw is the 'purest' one, "unfiltered force feedback"

Yet immersive claims "as experienced in the real world"? As I said, slightly confusing.

I shall try them all later on. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, afahoy said:

18 hours ago, Riggs said:

That's all it needs. SAT and Center forces are better than ever.

i also think  that wheelcenter has too much play   during race:   i mean, ok, my g29  has 1mm  of play because of the gears,   but in game i feel the center  of wheel is dead (5mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

@ChristinaMc  @cmMikeRobson  @CMMcBabe

p.s: here is a video that proof what i'm saying.

Edited by teknoid85

lol at the wipers going. Why do they go themselves when theres nothing on the window? First game was the same.

37 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i also think  that wheelcenter has too much play   during race:   i mean, ok, my g29  has 1mm  of play because of the gears,   but in game i feel the center  of wheel is dead (5mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

@ChristinaMc  @cmMikeRobson  @CMMcBabe

Some wheels could def take advantage of a Minimum Force value in game. That would take the sloppy feel around the center of steering some have. 

26 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

This doesn't happen to me. Check the Input see if the % moves and check your steering wheel deadzones.

27 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

I don't think that is a game thing, at least not on PC. Using the input menus with a percentage readout, and comparing my wheel to the in-game wheel I can confirm I have absolutely no deadzone.

Fanatec CSL Elite.

1 minute ago, JesseDeya said:

I don't think that is a game thing, at least not on PC. Using the input menus with a percentage readout, and comparing my wheel to the in-game wheel I can confirm I have absolutely no deadzone.

Fanatec CSL Elite.

indeed it's a gmae thing cause on other driving games i haven't any deadzone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

This doesn't happen to me. Check the Input see if the % moves and check your steering wheel deadzones.

just recalibrated it now, nothing changes 😞   deadzone is set to 0

What platform are you on?

Are you using softlock?

Can you get a video of you using the input readout (the percentage readout) as you slowly rotate from -5° to +5° ?

3 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

What platform are you on?

Are you using softlock?

Can you get a video of you using the input readout (the percentage readout) as you slowly rotate from -5° to +5° ?

steam, no softlock is set to 0.    wheel  has no shown deadzone after calibration......

Check the deadzone on the wheel driver software as well. Plus check if the wheel turns in the game menu under the Input tab.

3 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Check the deadzone on the wheel driver software as well. Plus check if the wheel turns in the game menu under the Input tab.

LGS has only  to set  wheel sensivity, degrees, and cente spring, no other parameters

in input tab  steering works flawlessly  😢