ffb fixed, some comms from devs

1 minute ago, afahoy said:

Look, I agree there should be some feeling of looseness when you lock your front wheels up.

The issue I have with your posts is the ridiculous “omg worst game ever” tone of your posts. It makes it hard to take you seriously.

You're wrong. If they add slip effects and improve the information transmitted by the road (bumps and loss of grip) it would be the best rally game. I like the physics, the sounds are incredible and the graphics are great (especially well done the smoke effect) besides little by little they are optimizing them. If I am here it is not to waste time. I would like them to fix it at once. and understands that I'm angry to be forced to have the game stopped from the first week.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Estasqueno said:

You're wrong.

About what? Your hyperbolic tone? You said

still 0 action in the force feedback. Still non-existent slips effects!!! cars are boats. No contact with the road. OMG last time I bought a game of codemasters

You're saying that's not hyperbolic? That's it's a fine way to communicate, a way that's likely to get people to engage in productive discussion about the problem?

If I am here it is not to waste time. I would like them to fix it at once. and understands that I'm angry to be forced to have the game stopped from the first week.

"At once"? Really? Good grief, get some perspective, life does not revolve around you.

And what do you mean you had the game stopped from the first week? It's been perfectly playable since launch, barring Racenet issues. If a missing FFB effect really made the game unplayable for you, that's your problem, not the game's.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

Nobody's forced to stop playing the game. It's been a blast since release. They added new locations, new awesome cars, fixed quite a few things and are still working on fixing more difficult things like the audio cutouts. In my view all these 'I stopped playing' comments are bluffs. Honestly, if you stopped playing you just hurt yourself. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, afahoy said:

About what? Your hyperbolic tone? You said

You're saying that's not hyperbolic? That's it's a fine way to communicate, a way that's likely to get people to engage in productive discussion about the problem?

"At once"? Really? Good grief, get some perspective, life does not revolve around you.

And what do you mean you had the game stopped from the first week? It's been perfectly playable since launch, barring Racenet issues. If a missing FFB effect really made the game unplayable for you, that's your problem, not the game's.

thanks to fanboys like you, we will stay with a half simulator. what a pity. How do you want them to correct the mistakes if you only have good words?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 5

the lack of sensations in the steering wheel forced me and many more to have the game stopped. waiting for this update that has not corrected the main problem.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, Estasqueno said:

Don't troll me please. You know what I said is true. If you do not believe me, check it yourself. brake on asphalt (spain) to the maximum and you will see that there is no effect on the steering wheel. that is not realistic. It's necessary to feel the landslides is essential to drive to the limit.

Its not essential, otherwise there wouldnt be aliens doing impossible leaderboard times allready... "it is essential to you" would be correct.. i myself find assetto's FFB effects quite exagerated.. and thats compared to a racecar on a racetrack in real life. 

• Agree 2

been playing DR 2 with a pad over the last few months, FFB and got wheel out. WOW !!!!! what a difference, just had a blast on RX effing awsome, really happy now, complaining stopped.

Just hope Codies will now  fix/tweak other issues like rain effects at night with the ability to have an option to change transmission automatically to cater for those who want a better experience.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Estasqueno said:

thanks to fanboys like you, we will stay with a half simulator. what a pity. How do you want them to correct the mistakes if you only have good words?

Do you really not understand how it's possible to remain polite and respectful and yet still get your point across?

People tend to clam up and ignore you if you're rude and rant about things. If you're polite and respectful, they're more likely to listen to what you have to say, and not get distracted by the way you say it.

It's fine if you get angry or annoyed, or are having a bad day or whatever. Just don't post then. Wait til you've calmed down, and can write things in a calmer tone, and your posts will be much more effective.

Edited by afahoy
  • Agree 3

Oh there we go again, the end of arguments and start of calling people 'fanboys'. :classic_laugh:

iu.gif

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

Its not essential, otherwise there wouldnt be aliens doing impossible leaderboard times allready... "it is essential to you" would be correct.. i myself find assetto's FFB effects quite exagerated.. and thats compared to a racecar on a racetrack in real life. 

But you know that in assetto corsa all that can be adjusted by increasing it and decreasing it, right? they aren't ON OFF options...

Edited by Estasqueno

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Estasqueno said:

the lack of sensations in the steering wheel forced me and many more to have the game stopped. waiting for this update that has not corrected the main problem.

Yeah ive barely touched the game in the last 2 weeks. It looks great now on the Pro its no longer blurry but no point in spoiling the game for myself when we know they are fixing the FFB any week now. Once they do il enjoy it.

Edit: Hold on its out already? But they couldnt wait to tell us about it before release what happened to that?

Edited by FLAW3D

2 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah ive barely touched the game in the last 2 weeks. It looks great now on the Pro its no longer blurry but no point in spoiling the game for myself when we know they are fixing the FFB any week now. Once they do il enjoy it.

You must have woken up late today. 

1 minute ago, Pfei said:

You must have woken up late today. 

Been out shopping with the wife then came home and done the garden. Now im too knackered to play :classic_biggrin:

How good is it? Are default settings correct have they optimsed for each wheel?

Posted (edited)

T300 here. I enjoyed the FFB the way it was already but this does feel better even still. At first I thought the update had only minor impact since you just feel the road surface a little bit better but once your car starts to come under load a lot more is translated to the wheel than before.

Kerbs in RX are really quite harsh, in a good way.

Edited by chukonu
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

T300 here. I enjoyed the FFB the way it was already but this does feel better even still. At first I thought the update had only minor impact since you just feel the road surface a little bit better but once your car starts to come under load a lot more is translated to the wheel than before.

Kerbs in RX are really quite harsh, in a good way.

Did you just run default 100 everything? 

1 minute ago, FLAW3D said:

Did you just run default 100 everything? 

I run all FFB settings in default, both the thrustmaster control panel as well as the game settings are completely untouched.

Doing Argentina daily now and it's just way different.

• Thanks 2

Can we archive this thread please?

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

There's no archive option, I'll lock it now if you want.

Couldnt a title name change just do it since it seems to be a WIP regarding the FFB. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

title changed

👌

11 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

We want to know what you think.

I can feel the road texture now, so I am very happy about that. There are two more effects that I cannot feel on my Logitech G920, regardless of FFB settings, that are also present in reality, and that are essential to car control near the limits of grip:

1. Feeling of brakes locking under braking is completely absent.

2. Feeling of understeering is either missing or too weak to be of any help.

Would love to see those two implemented.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Can someone explain why Engine and Tyre Slip are still greyed out? Some say that these are for controllers only, but why should a wheel be unable to simulate these if even a controller can do it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Laserjones said:

Can someone explain why Engine and Tyre Slip are still greyed out? Some say that these are for controllers only, but why should a wheel be unable to simulate these if even a controller can do it?

@SkiddyMcCrash @ChristinaMc @CMMcBabecan you tell us? 

This is present in DR1 and D4 but don't in DR2.0

And is exactly that we need for finished the FFB and will be perfect

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1