Awful FFB! Well done Codies

Got DR2 today and after installing the patch was stunned at the lack of feeling in the steering using a Fanatec CSL Elite. There is no vibration unless you pass a cattle grid! 

The road surface is the most important aspect of a rally game, the fact you can’t feel anything removes the immersion.

F1 2018 at least gets this right and I’ve liked the feeling you get back through the wheel, and that’s racing on smooth circuits. 

Way to go Codies! Coming to a patch near you next year.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hub67 said:

Why isn't Codemasters answering any of these complaints on FFB?  

Codies has a long history of not communicating fixes for major issues! They’ve done it with F1 games for years. I wish another dev would take up their franchises and breathe new life into these games. DR2 is Dirt 4 in a different guise. 

• Disagree 2

It's not that Codies haven't replied, it's that you haven't paid attention to them. Check the date on the 1st tweet, they replied nearly a week ago. The links are in every thread you've posted in, posted before either of you posted about Codies not replying.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

It's not that Codies haven't replied, it's that you haven't paid attention to them. Check the date on the 1st tweet, they replied nearly a week ago. The links are in every thread you've posted in, posted before either of you posted about Codies not replying.

That’s all great, but how did they get it through testing and ship it in this state? Do they not QC the major features?? 

14 minutes ago, WhaGuan77 said:

That’s all great, but how did they get it through testing and ship it in this state? Do they not QC the major features?? 

It's most likely something caused by one of the day one patches that has slipped through. Most pre release testers hadn't experience this issue.

And stop pretending that this is the only game to have shipped with an issue, and also bear in mind that wheel users are a minority so for the majority it hasn't been an issue. A fix will come and everything will all be hunky dory.

25 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

It's most likely something caused by one of the day one patches that has slipped through. Most pre release testers hadn't experience this issue.

And stop pretending that this is the only game to have shipped with an issue, and also bear in mind that wheel users are a minority so for the majority it hasn't been an issue. A fix will come and everything will all be hunky dory.

Jimmy Broadbent was talking about lack of feel / ffb on his previews a few weeks before release. 

14 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Jimmy Broadbent was talking about lack of feel / ffb on his previews a few weeks before release. 

One out of many who tested. Plus it's always difficult to gauge with him as he uses a direct drive wheel which is inherently more powerful than the typcial Logitech and thrustmasters. 

• Agree 1

Different test models had different characteristics. We only got the full game at the same time as everyone else. That tweet from Codies is from day 1 of the games release.

49 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

One out of many who tested. Plus it's always difficult to gauge with him as he uses a direct drive wheel which is inherently more powerful than the typcial Logitech and thrustmasters. 

Most wont speak out when talking about previews. Very rarely do you see negative previews. Be too negative and it will be the last time you preview anything 😉

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Most wont speak out when talking about previews. Very rarely do you see negative previews. Be too negative and it will be the last time you preview anything 😉

Tested. Not previewed. Tested. Big difference. 

17 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Tested. Not previewed. Tested. Big difference. 

Testing the game is previewing it. So you think everything was fine regarding FFB but then Codies brought the game out and botched the FFB for every single wheel on every single platform? I just dont see it tbh. Im sure this FFB is designed the way it should be. The fact Codies are saying they are looking into it rather than saying we know its broke and a fix is on its way kinda tells you that. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Both GamerMuscle and Jimmy Broadbent were commenting about the dull FFB well before release day. I think somehow they simply lost sight of how the FFB felt in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 and nobody on the team caught it.

2 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Both GamerMuscle and Jimmy Broadbent were commenting about the dull FFB well before release day. I think somehow they simply lost sight of how the FFB felt in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 and nobody on the team caught it.

Hmmm...how do they not ‘catch it’?

Seems like a pretty big deal, no? This is after all a driving game, full stop. Its not a game like Grand Theft Auto where you can elect to drive within a game. Everything about the FFB oversight is strange. This game comes on the heels of the best Rally Game EVER, and one that has fantastic FFB. DR2 is a full 3 years after the original...ample time one would think to make significant steps forward, or at a MINIMUM maintain the status quo. I sincerely hope they can fix this...and not just make it passable, but make it a worthy successor to its predecessor as far as driving mechanics are concerned.

IMHO - its altogether unacceptable, and borderline insulting to all of the loyal patrons of the series and Dirt community. I’m sure I speak for the masses by saying I would have preferred a delayed release rather than a “here you go, we’ll fix it later...”

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

This game comes on the heels of the best Rally Game EVER, and one that has fantastic FFB. DR2 is a full 3 years after the original...ample time one would think to make significant steps forward, or at a MINIMUM maintain the status quo.

DR1 had no fantastic FFB. In fact, FFB in DR1 was wrong, broken and unrealistic. Yes, it was strong - but nothing close to realism.  FFB is only thing in DR1, that made me to switch to RBR and i played Dirt Rally only occasionally, because FFB was bad.

I hope CM will not broke FFB, because people wants strong, but unrealistic FFB.

Edited by virgism
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I'd expect some Ffb from cars like the 205, golf etc. 

But the modern R5s shouldn't have much at all. 

Except for tarmac that is

Edited by SquadBruce
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, virgism said:

DR1 had no fantastic FFB. In fact, FFB in DR1 was wrong, broken and unrealistic. Yes, it was strong - but nothing close to realism.  FFB is only thing in DR1, that made me to switch to RBR and i played Dirt Rally only occasionally, because FFB was bad.

I hope CM will not broke FFB, because people wants strong, but unrealistic FFB.

Strength is not the issue it is the total lack of any feedback apart from Steer Angle Torque and the odd cattle Grid, those are the only forces felt on any wheel currently.

That would be ok if everybody had a motion rig to give us the rest of the feelings which supposedly work well on them.

FFB effects were very good in Beta from reports so CM obviously messed something up between then and release.

DR1 FFB was bad on early Access and release, it actually opposed what you were trying to do and was a mess, quick fix came out and it was better, then it was fixed more.

Edited by DelDredd
  • Agree 1

Guys guys guys, you're all confused.

This is Codemasters. When they mention "FFB" in their marketing, they don't mean Force Feed Back, instead they're referring to their patented Fake Feed Back system. Fake Feed Back is used in all Codies games, none of their games have any real FFB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm glad someone mentioned FFB. So far no one seems to have made a single complaint about it. And codemasters haven't been able to notice the issue since no one has come forward.

Thanks guys, great work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

9 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I'm glad someone mentioned FFB. So far no one seems to have made a single complaint about it. And codemasters haven't been able to notice the issue since no one has come forward.

Thanks guys, great work. 

ehrm ?

17 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I don0't use or follow twitter.   Would it hurt CM to comment on their own forum?  

5 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Thanks guys, great work. 

Lol, sarcasm - duly noted. 

Everyone has their opinion on the matter. Some think it’s ok, the vast majority don’t. Regardless, DR2 was highly anticipated by many. Can’t blame the crowd for being a little upset and feeling the need to vocalize it. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, andmcq said:

Guys guys guys, you're all confused.

This is Codemasters. When they mention "FFB" in their marketing, they don't mean Force Feed Back, instead they're referring to their patented Fake Feed Back system. Fake Feed Back is used in all Codies games, none of their games have any real FFB.

Asseto Corsa has Fake Feed Back and it's incredible. Probably the best FFB to date on any racer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hub67 said:

I don0't use or follow twitter.   Would it hurt CM to comment on their own forum?  

I don't use or follow Twitter either.

• Like 1