Sign in to follow this  

Too much bloom? Sliders for this, and how about HDR too...

Posted (edited)

I wonder if we could get a slider for bloom effects. It looks over-done, and things are now too hazy in the distance. And the HDR effects are (I think) causing environments to veer from too bright to too dark... Finally the environments are also rather over-saturated and often look more 'gamey' than the first edition.

Options are always good, so if we could get options for these effects that would be superb! But don't forget us console players please.

I personally prefer lighting effects to be subtle and not take away from the clarity of what is in front of you.

If this game could overall look a little more 'realistic' and clearly defined, and less 'gamey' then things would be perfect.

I'll just take this opportunity to add that us console players would love an FOV slider 😉

Oh, here's a terrific comparison video:

Edited by Jake Cushing
feeling punk
  • Agree 1

At least HDR can be adjusted in hardware_settings_config.xml
Adjust this value: <hdr level="1.0" /> to e.g. <hdr level="0.3" />

• Like 2

Totally agree with the OP. This is becoming a game breaking issue for me. It´s nearly impossible to see the track ahead on some stages, some are really dark no matter what settings i change on the tv and others too bloomy. There is no consistency graphics wise. Also, the graphics seem downgraded even when compared to Dirt 4.

Please do something about this Codemasters - this is a real issue.

And no ... it´s not my system, i have a PS4 PRO and a OLED B7 - perfect for gaming!

• Agree 1

The lighting in this game is complete TRASH. Overcast conditions seem like night...which ok fine, would not be bad if the head lamps actually projected decent amounts of light.

Nope. Just blindness.

Dark = way too dark.

Light = excessive blooming.

HDR, 4K, 60FPS...yeah.

DR1’s visuals were better in every regard.

• Disagree 1

@elrojodp8 you can downvote or dislike my posts all you want. Likewise, you can be a staunch defender of everything that currently is DR 2.0...doesn’t change the fact the game is not up to standard across multiple areas. I fully support Codies and have bought many of their Rally games over the years...most of which I thoroughly enjoy. Like many others I am frustrated by the initial release, but I’m certain they will improve it in due course!

So take this 👎 and go 😝

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoaoPedro418 said:

And no ... it´s not my system, i have a PS4 PRO and a OLED B7 - perfect for gaming!

Same set up as myself. So blurry cannot see where im going half the time.

29 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

@elrojodp8 you can downvote or dislike my posts all you want. Likewise, you can be a staunch defender of everything that currently is DR 2.0...doesn’t change the fact the game is not up to standard across multiple areas. I fully support Codies and have bought many of their Rally games over the years...most of which I thoroughly enjoy. Like many others I am frustrated by the initial release, but I’m certain they will improve it in due course!

So take this 👎 and go 😝

Yes, we are all waiting for they to fix some things. I do not know why you think I'm a strong advocate? I just did not agree with your post, as you said.
Personally I am enjoying the game. I have not experienced failures (pc steam), racenet works well (I'm from Argentina), but if I consider that they should fix several things, in my opinion the most urgent is the FFB, which is one of the things that people are sending negative grades in steam, and that can hurt the sale of the game. I think that if they fix some things, this game has unlimited potential. Codemasters said on repeated occasions that they are working on that. I trust them. it is a personal perception and it does not have to be the same of all the people. 

1 minute ago, elrojodp8 said:

Yes, we are all waiting for they to fix some things. I do not know why you think I'm a strong advocate? I just did not agree with your post, as you said.
Personally I am enjoying the game. I have not experienced failures (pc steam), racenet works well (I'm from Argentina), but if I consider that they should fix several things, in my opinion the most urgent is the FFB, which is one of the things that people are sending negative grades in steam, and that can hurt the sale of the game. I think that if they fix some things, this game has unlimited potential. Codemasters said on repeated occasions that they are working on that. I trust them. it is a personal perception and it does not have to be the same of all the people. 

All good man I was only teasing you.

They’ll get it sorted, but they also should have not released a game with so many issues. Sorry, but people pay good money and look forward to release. Not right that we now have to wait for ‘patches’ to fix issues that should have been identified before it was available for people to purchase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

All good man I was only teasing you.

They’ll get it sorted, but they also should have not released a game with so many issues. Sorry, but people pay good money and look forward to release. Not right that we now have to wait for ‘patches’ to fix issues that should have been identified before it was available for people to purchase.

SSurely you are right, but things fall under their own weight. It is in your hands

Sliders would be fantastic because not everyone can cope with this bloom effect as well as others. I have cataracts in both my eyes (yeah, i really am that old) and although they're not sight affecting it can be a real struggle to focus when things are excessively bright.

Strangely ironic that with DR2 I look forward to the night stages because that's generally the only time I can see where i'm supposed to be going