Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 How to map the TH8A shifter as a handbrake on PS4?

Question

I can’t stem to map the TH8A shifter as a handbrake on my PS4.

Plugged in as a separate device, it recognizes the ‘gear up’ as the R1 button, which is already asigned on my wheel.

Is there any chance on updating the settings menu for this?

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

When connected as separate devices (both connected to ps4 by usb)  it doesn't matter if your wheel is setup differently.. the red icons for having 2 functions is on the TH8a itself.. you are trying to use it for gear up/down as well as handbrake.. u should unassign (dissable) shifting up (and down) at the TH8a using square (correct me if im wrong)   

Edited by BERTEL

this way you can also use both peddle shifters as handbrake (again it says its double assigned, but in this case you want it to) and use your TH8a as a sequential shifter (thats what i prefer) 

Thanks for your reply but that doesn't fix my problem 🙂

In Dirt Rally my TH8A shifter was recognized having 'Gear UP' & 'Gear DOWN' functions, which differed from my peddle shifters being mapped as L1 & R1.

Here in DR2 they're recognized as L1 & R1 on the TH8A as well so I'm not able to map my handbrake button on R1 as it will be overwritten by the R1 (shift up) mapping of my wheel.

I made a workaround and mapped my handbrake on my clutch pedal though, but that's far from ideal.  I hope they define the functions of the TH8A the same way as in Dirt Rally.  That can't be such a huge undertaking imo.

Then you are doing something wrong, because im on ps4 and have it set that way using a th8a..  you have to "unbound" (press square) the functions u dont want (shift up and shift down) from the shifter first.  then select handbrake in the TH8a assign menu press 'X' then pull sequential shifter within 5 seconds to set is as handbrake.